TRA Phone Interview (1st Class Welder)

Guest sanks

Hi Charlotte, how did they mess the application up? Can't they move you to cat 4 where you should be? It's weird with payment thing too, it sounds like an error and you should be moved to Cat 4. Make sure you on their backs. Yes we got a CO last week. We got to do medicals and police checks next. We are delaying medicals to first weekend in September as we don't want to risk the visa being granted before 4th Sept, as my name is not on visa yet as have not been "officially" living together 12 months. Otherwise I will have to apply for a spouse visa and pay further costs and wait longer still.

Let me know how you get on, Lucy x

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey lucy, ive got no idea how they messed it up. we had the full 100 points needed for the visa and we all know first class welder was and still is on the list, i just can't figure out how we're in cat 5. The email they replied was useless so we'll have to call them next week and find out whats gone on. hopefully it can be sorted and we'll be in cat 4! will let you know if and when it gets sorted though.

it must be exciting having a co and just knowing you have the choice to delay things if you need to. i cant wait for the day we get a co :yes:. x

• 3 weeks later...

Well done on visa Vesparich.

Loads of people who lodged 176 SS in June now have visa's Charlotte!! We are just waiting on police checks and we are going to book medicals for next month. We can't do them any sooner as we can't risk the visa being granted any sooner as my name isn't on it yet, and can't be added till 4th September.

I can't wait to get that golden ticket and u won't be far behind either!!

Hey just a quick question. Do they give you a certain amount of time to get to Australia? I've heard a few, 6 months from the date of your medicals, 6 months from your visa being granted and 12 months from the meds/visa. I know you can ask for an extension but just wondering the basic timescale.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ndhanley

hey my husband is going doing the test for welder and is absolutely bricking himself(he doesnt like tests :D) i think hel walk but could anybody give any info in whats involved in the test, what sorta stuff they get you to do and questions asked, please. thanks

• 1 month later...

Is he going for a practical or technical interview? My OH did a technical interview so he had to answer a load of questions and talk about how to make something they had on a drawing, but there was a mistake on the drawing which my OH pointed out so I think it was a trick.

Well to those others who I have been chatting to, we had our visa granted Tuesday this week!! We are very happy. Good luck to you all and keep in touch for how your getting on.

Charlotte - any updates?

Tracey - what happened with yours in end?

Lucy x

Wow well done Lucy:jiggy: you must be so excited?!!! As soon as i got the email saying you had replied i knew you must of done it. Do you know when your going to start getting things ready to get going?

Ours is moving along ok, the allocation timetable says everyone before 10th dec last year has a co. It didnt change much this fortnight because they had to make some changes to cat 3's but the fortnight before it went up 3 months, so if they do that again we should have a co hopefully in the next month or two. I cant wait!

Well done again xxxx

• 1 month later...

Hey Tracey,

sorry to hear you're having such a nightmare of a time with it. I'm helping my brother with his application now and he has to sit IELTS too, he's booked it in but he didn't realise how in depth the tests are. I think he's booking vetassess soon, i'm pretty sure you can claim points for your vetassess test now?!

We are no further ahead, still waiting for a CO.

i hope things start working out for you soon,

charlotte xx

Hey Charlotte, I hope you get a CO soon!! Do you know how long it should take? It's quite a difference between the time scales for state and family sponsorship isn't it.

Tracey how did the ielts go? Have you got the results?

Well we are looking at flights for beginning of May to head to Perth.

tc, Lucy xxx

Archived