TRA Phone Interview (1st Class Welder)

Guest sanks

Hey Charlotte has your visa been lodged now!!? I thought you were sending it in the post? That was quick!! Our agency received all our documents today ready to lodge our visa, but they got to go through them all and get any original documents certified etc... so I think our's will be lodged next week now :rolleyes:

I just want to be able to say it's been lodged!! :skeptical:

X

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Lucy, Yes it got there and was stamped and lodged yesterday:jiggy:. I can't believe we made the deadline. I rung them this morning to ask about when the payment will be taken, they said some one will check our application is valid and payment should be taken within a few working days, monday won't count though coz they're closed for the queens birthday. I just want them to take their money so we know it's really done! It feels like we're forever waiting doesn't it?!

xxx

Well done Charlotte on getting visa lodged. Our's was lodged today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so happy. Now I want to forget about it as have 3 exams this month, starting with 1st one tomorrow.

Good luck Tracey, let us know how you get on with lodgement of yours.

Well done Lucy! it's good to know its done now isn't it?! We're still waiting for our payment to be taken, fingers crossed it goes this week. I'm starting to think we should of gone state sponsorship too, we'll be cat 3 i think so we'll be getting our CO as your all getting your visas granted, but at least it's being done :yes:. Good luck with your exams x

Thanks Charlotte. Our visa was done online so our agent has already sent us receipt for payment. Yes we are cat 2 so should be processed in next 12 months by their guidelines, but people have been getting them quicker so I think it will be same for you.

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

Here's link for current timescales by diac.

I've seen alot of people getting them quicker too, the blokes that did the practicals said that they are really desperate for welders over there atm. Thanks for that link, that website has been a god send to me as we've been doing it by ourselves. i wonder how often it gets updated? x

Well done Charlotte on getting visa lodged. Our's was lodged today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so happy. Now I want to forget about it as have 3 exams this month, starting with 1st one tomorrow.

Good luck Tracey, let us know how you get on with lodgement of yours.

Thank you Lucy,

Its not looking very hopeful for us! our agent is taking forever and dont think we have even gotten the SS put through yet! not sure what happens if we dont get everything done before the 1st july. :arghh:

Tracey - ring up your agent and ask for a firm confirmation if it has been put through. If not just do it yourself!! Do not let an agency ruin your dreams, what are they playing at they must know July is in 2 weeks. It's still possible but you will need to be very proactive. If you agency said they have and your unsure get proof from them, I can't remember what state your applying for ?? You can ring that state up and find out yourself. If it's WA they would have taken payment, and it's done online so there is a id number. I think WA want state agreements back in by 21st June however. I'm sure on new system from July if you get your OH to do the Ielts test to get a score of 8 across the board, gives you an extra 20 points so may be possible but your have to look into it. What agency you with?

Good luck.x

hi all hope all is well!!!!!

we have been ss approved today and will be lodging visa tomorrow. our agent has said that we have til the 23rd to get it all sorted for so we should do it in time. seems things are starting to move fast now so i better start doing them jobs around the house that i've been putting off for the last decade:(

• 2 weeks later...
Tracey - how did you get on? Any luck?

Lucy x

Hi Lucy

NO!! they never sent the papers to us in time, they are reviewing our case to see if we need to do ielts now! we might get there in the end hopefully

Tracey x

OMG how terrible. What the hell were your agency doing? I would put in a complaint, if you do require ielts I would be making them pay for it!! Weren't you going for WA ss? How far how you got in the process? what papers hasn't they sent? !!!!! rahhhhhhhhhh so annoyed for you Tracey.xx

They never sent us through any of the SS forms and they changed our agent in the middle of it so we couldnt get in touch with them! they said they are reviewing our case to see if we need the ielts test but if we do it means travelling again more money !:arghh:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow it sounds like you've had a really rough time of it, i hope they get it sorted for you soon. We might be ditching our application and going down the same route as you. We found out today we are a cat 5, and they are still processing 2007!!!! we'll be waiting approx 8 years i think if we wait as we are.

Thats worst case, i think approx 5/6 years maybe, they're doing 2007 now but i think all new higher group people go before us too! I emailed DIAC for an explanation coz we should be cat 4. Hows your application going now? Hope you got your agent sorted, such a shame they didn't get moving quicker, but you'll still be out there soon! Xxx

Hi Tracey, let us know how you get on. I think everything will work itself out. Are you going ahead with the ielts test?

Charlotte - are you sure it will be 8 years!! I read someone saying 18 months to 2 years for family sponsorship. Maybe ask the question on here, I am not too sure myself.

thanks & good luck all.

Lucy. x

Yep lucy, we should be in cat 4, 18 months but they have messed our application and put us in cat 5. People from 2007 in cat 5 are still waiting. Immi emailed back this morning with just a stupid automated response, but we also got another email saying they have only just today (finally) taken our money and made our application valid from 9th june. It made me wonder how they put us in a cat if our visa wasnt even payed for etc.

Archived