TRA Phone Interview (1st Class Welder)

Guest sanks

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wasn't sure where in Scotland Shetland was....just looked it up...my god couldn't get much more north!!

Yes we are going from one extreme to the other i think, will be a bit of a change for us! but can't wait :-D wish it could move a bit faster hate waiting :wacko:

Hey twinkle79 is your OH doing his test in london too? im starting to think thats the only place in the uk that does the tests?!

i cant wait for this test to be over, its driving me nuts now its getting close!!

Have you recieved your letter yet lucy? xx

perth, i have a couple of cousins there and perth seems to stand out for me but as long as we can get work it'll be fine, quite a difference in the heat though !

we did hear about job sponsor for my OH but they needed someone asap so maybe once they get that job finished they will try again. have you had any luck with jobs

Hey, I chased vetassess up last night and received results today!! :jiggy:

Yay WA SS here we come. I have just sent the results back to Melbourne to our agents office there who are lodging SS for us. Last hurdle for us now before we can lodge visa, lets hope WA accept us :unsure: otherwise we will be going down the family sponsorship route as back up.

With July deadline and 3 exams at college next month looks like I have stressful times ahead....oh well as the ozzies say..."no worries"!! :goofy:

I wouldn't worry about jobs in Perth there seems to be plenty for welders. Search on seek.com.au about 100 came up when I last looked, a different story to the UK!! Seemed better paid too compared to here. I know another member on here who's OH was a first class welder and he got a job first day out in Perth looking. x

Hey Charlotte, we are doing SS through our agency. They sent us forms just after vetassess interview so we could fill them in ready for when results came back. I think they will be lodged over tonight whist it's Australia's Monday, as they asked for a copy of OH's passport on their Friday but then the skills team who we did vetassess application in UK with had a copy anyway so they forwarded it on our Friday so they won't get it till their Monday. It shouldn't take anymore then 5 weeks so we should have it back by 13th June, fingers cross!! So close to July!! :confused:

Hi Tracey, yep we live really close. I think it's about a half an hour journey by car to get to the college. Darren has no idea where he's going though, he's going to hope satnav gets him there. How are you getting down? this way? Your further up country arent you? x

Wow Lucy, sounds very exciting! I think you'll have plenty of time. I think were all going to be so relieved when the 1st of july is over with! It's quite quick to get the state sponsership isnt it?! x

we are on ferry to aberdeen 12 hours! then to london on friday morning all the way from shetland !

we are staying in a b&b for a couple of nights no point in spending all this money just for 1 day so we're going back up on monday night boat. we are staying about 15 mins wallk from college i think, closest i could find.

Tracey x

Wow Lucy, sounds very exciting! I think you'll have plenty of time. I think were all going to be so relieved when the 1st of july is over with! It's quite quick to get the state sponsership isnt it?! x

No they seem to be a lot quicker these days. I e-mailed WA and they said 4 weeks so just to make sure they had it before June to get it granted before July. Our agency and on here people say about 4-5 weeks for WA currently. That's why SA shut their doors last week as they are currently taking 8 weeks so to get it assessed under the current system they needed them all by then. We will soon find out how long it takes for me.....:eek:eek!

Fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

x

wow looks like everyone's going to be there. it says in the letter and email what you need to bring, pretty sure it says to bring your own safety equipment. im going to double check it all myself to make sure my OH has everything he needs for the day, not long now!!!! good luck!

charlotte x

Archived