Canberra Get Together

clickettuk

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome Tom & Roz. Have fun getting to know Canberra & see you on the 6th.

What does everyone think about Lennox Gardens for the day, as it's so central?

Hi All,

Lennox Gardens sounds great. What time is everyone arriving on the 6th? If we bring some sausages and drinks will that be enough????? Sorry we're new to the whole Australian BBQ thing!!!

Only 2 days until we fly now, then a week in Sydney with Marks cousin before driving to Canberra. Just waved farewell to my brother this afternoon, my mum goes back home tomorrow!!! :cry:

Michael and Mark.

Guest tomandroz
Congrulation guys & welcome to Canberra !!! We hope that you settle in ok, if you need any help with anything or any advice let us know, we are more than happy to help, otherwise look forward to seeiing you on the 7th.

Hi, thanks one thing you could help me with. Where do I go to change my licence over? we have to go into the city on Monday to activate our new bank account, is it in the city by any chance?

Regards,

Tom and Roz

Hi, thanks one thing you could help me with. Where do I go to change my licence over? we have to go into the city on Monday to activate our new bank account, is it in the city by any chance?

Regards,

Tom and Roz

Hi Tom & Roz

To get your licence you can either go to one of the canberra connect shopfronts or to the motor registry in Dickson. You'll need your english licence(you'll will keep it though) your passport & residency proof, rental agreement and also your medicare card. If you've already purchased a car and its in your name you should only need your licence & rego papers.

Look up Canberra Connect on the internet & it'll tell you where the offices are, sorry I only know the one in Woden & Tuggeranong.

JacquiB

Regards,

Tom and Roz

Yup in the library, lower ground floor near the theatres. You can join the library at the same time!

Hi all, been down to Moruya for the week so apologies for dissapearing, Lennox Gardens on the 6th then -say between 1+2pm, I haven't been there yet so assume its got the usual collection of bbqs etc - how are we going to make ourselves stand out to each other?

I guess if we're all new to Australia we'll all be white and pasty!

Let's open up a competition for the best suggestion of how to stand out.

I vote for white socks and sandals and knotted hankerchief on head.

:biggrin:

Michael and Mark.

Regards,

Tom and Roz

I would wait until you have a permanent address, you have 3 months to change them & if your address changes they just put a sticker with the new address over the old one, it only takes about 30 minutes to fill the forms in, have an eye test, get a photo taken & have the licence printed - all in one office too.

Going cycling this afternoon so will check out the park while I'm out, looking forward to a get together.

Guest tomandroz
I would wait until you have a permanent address, you have 3 months to change them & if your address changes they just put a sticker with the new address over the old one, it only takes about 30 minutes to fill the forms in, have an eye test, get a photo taken & have the licence printed - all in one office too.

Going cycling this afternoon so will check out the park while I'm out, looking forward to a get together.

Hi,

Good advice, I called them this morning,and they told me the same thing. I had an email from Anglo Pacific this morning, and our container is still sat at the docks, so we are going to be waiting a while before we can have a permenent address.

However this is not the end of the world, as the apartment we are in is perfectly serviceable and very spacious.

Regards,

Tom and Roz

Guest tomandroz
As a matter of interest for when we come - where is your apartment and have you any details?? Thanks lots!

Hi,

PM sent with info. I hope it helps?

Regards,

Tom and Roz

So it looks like it is Lennox Gardens at 13:00 on the 6th. There are two picnic areas at Lennox Gardens, one of which overlooks the yauchting club and it is this one I suggest we meet at. For those that have not been there before, there is a Carpark at Lennox Gardens which is more or less opposite one of the entrances to the Hyatt, there is also parking on the side of the raod. If you park in the car park you need to walk across the park, past the Japanese garden area and down toward the lake where you should see the BBQ's.

I have attached a link below in case people want more detail on Lennox Gardens:

Territory and Municipal Services - Lennox Gardens

The below link provides a more detailed map of the gardens, I suggest that we meet at one of the BBQ's outside of the green area on the map:

Territory and Municipal Services - Lennox Gardens District Park Map

I suggest that people just bring what they want for food and drink and if some of us bring cleaning material as we need to clean up after us.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Guest tomandroz
So it looks like it is Lennox Gardens at 13:00 on the 6th. There are two picnic areas at Lennox Gardens, one of which overlooks the yauchting club and it is this one I suggest we meet at. For those that have not been there before, there is a Carpark at Lennox Gardens which is more or less opposite one of the entrances to the Hyatt, there is also parking on the side of the raod. If you park in the car park you need to walk across the park, past the Japanese garden area and down toward the lake where you should see the BBQ's.

The below link provides a more detailed map of the gardens, I suggest that we meet at one of the BBQ's outside of the green area on the map:

I suggest that people just bring what they want for food and drink and if some of us bring cleaning material as we need to clean up after us.

Hi,

Perfect, thanks very much! looking forward to meeting you all on the 6th!

Regards,

TomandRoz

Hi,

We'll be there! Thanks for the links and directions. We arrive in Canberra for the first time on Thursday 3rd - can't wait!

Mark and Michael.

Please could we come? Just arrived on Friday (28th). Need to make contact with people to help u feel more at home. Staying in Kingston for the next couple of weeks. Ice Cream

Of course you can come Ice Cream anyone is welcome, see you there, its not far from Kingston, if you need any directions from where you are PM me and I will sort you out.

Hi everyone - I am new tothis thread, was in another one than ran it's course and ran out... :-)) Things are really moving for me and my hubby now and we are waiting patiently for the go ahead. Meds/checks all cleared and hoping fro the visa approval soon so we can get out to Canberra June ish. never been there before, we travelled through Oz and missed ACT (as most people do). I'm taling that as a good sign becasue it means not many tourists and real life.. can't wait!! I will kepep in otuch and hope to meet up with folk in the very near future. Best of luck to everyone.

Hi,

We'll be there! Thanks for the links and directions. We arrive in Canberra for the first time on Thursday 3rd - can't wait!

Mark and Michael.

Hey Everyone,

We should be able to join you too, providing were not stuck at open houses. We arrived in Oz 2 weeks ago, living in Sydney for first month, and driving down to Canberra for house hunting.

What should we bring?

See you all soon!

Mat & Anna

Hello - so i've finally logged back into PIN - feeling a bit guily that i've not been on since we moved :em3900:

Will be there on Sunday, can't wait for a catch up

xx

Archived