Minor delay with shipping

Cerberus1

Well, house purchase in Cairns completed yesterday, drove to new house this morning to wait for removals.

Truck duly arrived on time at 8:30. Thought it was slightly unusual as our contents in Melbourne were loaded into a Red container, where as the container that turned up was white, not to worry, I knew it was a different company at this end so presumed they must have reloaded into another container at some point.....

Nope, first item off the container, a bike, strange as I hadn't packed one. Quickly became evident they'd fetched the wrong container from the depot. :swoon:

Still, never mind, we found it quite funny!:laugh:

So sat on the decking outside the house at the moment, waiting for the correct container to arrive.

Guest Guest31881

Dont be so hasty, did you look to see if there was anything worth keeping from that first container:wink:

At least you can see the funny side. I am sure once they bring the correct container it will all run smoothly...

Dont be so hasty, did you look to see if there was anything worth keeping from that first container:wink:

At least you can see the funny side. I am sure once they bring the correct container it will all run smoothly...

Are you kidding, as soon as I saw the bike being unloaded, I thought that can go back, I'm not cycling in this humidity :laugh:

Thanks Susie, early days, but it feels like we're in the right place. Just sat here now, with a view of mist covered mountains down the valley, really quiet, all you can hear is the wildlife, wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

view.jpg

Jammy get!!:biggrin:

Just a bit extreme don't you think?

I'm moving to Melbourne so you move to Cairns.... I don't even like Mornington!!!!

Entirely coincidental:wideeyed::wink:

As to why we moved, I liked Melbourne, but after 5/6 years, we wanted to experience somewhere totally different. Australia is a great country, with much diversity, (IMHO of course), and we want to savour as much of it as we can. Another few years, we may end up in Darwin, just depends on how the wanderlust grips us.

Entirely coincidental:wideeyed::wink:

As to why we moved, I liked Melbourne, but after 5/6 years, we wanted to experience somewhere totally different. Australia is a great country, with much diversity, (IMHO of course), and we want to savour as much of it as we can. Another few years, we may end up in Darwin, just depends on how the wanderlust grips us.

I heard that Kate clicked her fingers and you jumped to it:eek:

Guest siamsusie
Thanks Susie, early days, but it feels like we're in the right place. Just sat here now, with a view of mist covered mountains down the valley, really quiet, all you can hear is the wildlife, wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

view.jpg

I have just seen this post, totally amazing Rob, goodness you guys should be so happy there.

For us members of PIO also, it will be wonderful receiving some great accurate reportage of "life in Cairns" thro your eyes.

:wubclub:Susie x

update @ 12:30

Ever so slightly less amused now. In the distance, we can see a truck with 2 white containers on it. Several minutes later, we receive a call saying that they can't deliver the container as they can't get up the hill (too slippy) following a down pour, so they were heading off back to the depot again ??

Questions remain unanswered why there were 2 containers on the truck, why they were both white (surely they hadn't fetched the wrong container again and having realised this, rang saying they couldn't get up the hill to save face:confused:)

So still sat here, no idea what will tun up, when it will turn up, or even if they can get it up.

But hey, still smiling :laugh:

Guest juliemtaylor
Just a bit extreme don't you think?

I'm moving to Melbourne so you move to Cairns.... I don't even like Mornington!!!!

Whats wrong with Mornington??

Just a quick update, contents finally arrived safe and sound (bar a broken plate and a computer desk which is now a little worse for wear), but no major catastrophes, so all's well. Couldn't fault the guys who unloaded at this end, don't envy them, lugging furniture around all day in this humidity.

Getting settled in now. Had the delight of discussing why my adsl wasn't working with bigpond support staff for 2 or 3 hours the other day. It's fair to say that the discussion was somewhat strained. It's very difficult to have a discussion with someone who is following a set script:arghh::laugh:

As mentioned on another thread, have had the opportunity to traverse some of the rainforest behind the house, picture below is of the lake I was trying to reach!

IMG_0111.jpg

It looks magnificent, Rob. Wow!

Glad to hear that you got all your stuff and congratulations on getting Bigpond to fix your ADSL in under 3 hours. :smile:

I sorted the ADSL out myself :laugh: After I'd been on the phone for a couple of hours, the guy said he'd pass the call to second line technical support, then claimed his computer was acting up, so he'd write the details down, log them later and get someone to call me by 9pm, suffice to say the call never came.

Archived