10 worst things about living in Australia

Guest Aldo

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest siamsusie
Wrinkled tights mate ,the only bit missing :biglaugh:

And she does appear to have an air of mystery about her as well:wink:!

Guest Working to fish
And she does appear to have an air of mystery about her as well:wink:!

Lmao ,i wonder what she is pondering :biglaugh:

Guest siamsusie
Lmao ,i wonder what she is pondering :biglaugh:

Probably days gone by Eddie :Randy-git:and how she can manage the 500 to 1 ratio in Karratha:twitcy:

Guest Working to fish
Probably days gone by Eddie and how she can manage the 500 to 1 ratio in Karratha:twitcy:

Mm that will be why her legs are still shakeing :wink:

Guest siamsusie
Mm that will be why her legs are still shakeing :wink:

:laugh::laugh::twitcy:

pssttt. "shakeing" = "shaking" :policeman:spelling cops are out!

Shucks just noticed this is Aldo's thread:elvis: apologies!

Guest Working to fish
:laugh::laugh::twitcy:

pssttt. "shakeing" = "shaking" :policeman:spelling cops are out!

Shucks just noticed this is Aldo's thread:elvis: apologies!

Bugger there was i getting all cocky and didnt use my spell cheacker :wink:

Guest chris955

Isn't it strange how one man's negative can be a positive for someone else ? :wink:

Did i mention snakes ? oh yeah and snakes !

Guest siamsusie
Isn't it strange how one man's negative can be a positive for someone else ? :wink:

Seriously Chris, I understand the love of dogs/horses etc, but can you explain the mind set of a person keeping snakes or spiders, I just fail to understand it myself...

I have had a hard long thought about this very question, do you think us dog lovers per se use domestic pets as a substitute? I cant understand the preoccupation of keeping snakes or spiders! :cute::wubclub:

Guest Working to fish
She looks as though she is wearing a massive Inco Pad Sue !

500 to 1 ,i would say she is full up .

Sorry bad joke :embarrassed::hug:

Guest siamsusie
500 to 1 ,i would say she is full up .

Sorry bad joke :embarrassed::hug:

:swoon:omg!

They are probably all very healthy Non Smokers, dont you realise that smoking is bad for..................:biggrin:

I see that a few on here are moaning about Australia.....then why go there or live there then? I cant wait to go, I've had me bags pack for 2 months.

I'm not into British footie, I love rugby (a real mans sport) boxing, and of course boozing with mates around having a BBQ, not a pub person. I live in Cornwall and have the beach just down the road, and seagulls trying to knick me pasty. I personally have always wanted to get out of England and when I've gone, I won't miss it, and it's nice that the Australians are proud to be Australian! I'm half Irish, so I'm proud to be that! I don't care if the houses look like Legoland houses, I quite liked Legoland Windsor. Life is what you make it, and for me who will be classed as a Pom as even the Irish are called Poms, I aint really bothered as I've been called worse by the Brits.

We have a chance for a new life, and we dont care how long it takes, and we might be goiMother-in-law is Australian, always talking about going home, so I want to beat her too it!

:biggrin:

Good for you- you will love it up in Geraldton, laid back lifestyle and take no notice of those whingers-they just get off on it. Australia is a fabulous country, and the UK is ok too . Personally I prefer Australia but I wouldn't slag off the old country because of course it has stuff like fantastic historical stuff and gardens you won't get in Oz. :biggrin:

Good for you- you will love it up in Geraldton, laid back lifestyle and take no notice of those whingers-they just get off on it. Australia is a fabulous country, and the UK is ok too . Personally I prefer Australia but I wouldn't slag off the old country because of course it has stuff like fantastic historical stuff and gardens you won't get in Oz. :biggrin:

lol, I'm Irish, we always have a dig, so do the Scottish & Welsh, my hubby's family are Welsh, but at the end of the day, I suppose we are all winging Poms? lol

Mother-in-law is Australian, and she is always on about Oz, and is always on about going back home, but never does. My mom (god rest her) was always saying the same about Ireland. She did go back in the end, well some of her did, as I sent half her ashes back so she could be buried in the family plot. Life is too short, and we are counting down the days, and will be celebrating our last Christmas & New Year in style! Cornwall is laid back, so we are use to that (some people are not) not a pub person, always have mates round to the house for BBQ, so many, many thanks for your in put.:biggrin:

Guest guest36762

Back on thread, sorry Aldo

1. the unavailability of eastenders, corrie, emmerdale and that soap about a hotel in brummieland with that bloke with mild learning difficulties and a penchant for beanies, on mainstream telly

2. people not saying 'alright?' as a greeting which is far more efficient than 'howyagoin?'....it serves as a question and answer for both parties, which is fine cos neither gives a sh6t

3. the fact that when you go for a cuzza, they don't put the poppadoms (poppadums? puppadums? puppudums?) on the table unless you ask 5 times (and when they do, they're the crappy little microwave kind), AND there's no such thing as a pint of Carlsberg. It's like having tea without milk and 5 spoons of sugar, or bacon without eggs.

4. I actually miss the bald lack of curiosity from staff in shops in England (at least you know they're being themselves), and the 'computer says no' mindset...how I admire indifference, such an undervalued trait.

5. Estate agents. why do they have such a high profile? it's so egocentric a profession here, with their name splashed all over buses, billboards, newspapers. 'This house sold by Jayden/Jarred (Jarod?)/Lachlan/Janelle/Renee/Bronwyn/Jenevieve/Sha-Niece', yeah, so bloody what! My 4 year old could sell a frickin house at an 'oction' where people are literally jumping on each other to get a bid in, and with a damn sight more charm. The other day whilst in the car, we drove past (I was temted to run him over) some thicko in a pin striped suit (this in a town where thongs are considered smart). My sons exact words were 'Does that man sell houses?' He's no fool.

6. Accountants: when I see a letter with my accountant's name on the envelope, I have a panic attack. HOW MUCH DO THEY WANT NOW? I've got no idea why they keep charging us.

7. The ABC news breakfast team: Virginia Trioli with a face like she's chewing a wasp. The sports fella who talks like a robot, and the so called 'experts' who come in to review the papers: God they're pathetic, some can't even be bothered to shave (and that's the females)

8. The fat bloke who does the business report on the ABC news: smug bastard, with his graphs that only he understands

9. Architects. Anyone who takes 7 years at university to come up with something like this20101025142810.jpg

was either taking the piss, or more likely, a bit thick

10. Hills Hoists

Guest guest32776

1. The odd assumption that covering yourself in tattoo ink is appealing to the eye. If the film 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' was set in Townsville it certainly wouldn't have singled out our eponymous heroine by any stretch.

2. Being asked at the end of a hairdresser appointment whether I would like some 'product' and discovering they weren't offering a mirror and a rolled up fifty.

3. Not being able to satisfy my eternal longing for a swede bigger than an orang utan's testicle.

4. Chicken salt - need I say more?

5. Being compelled to respond to baby words - ie, the other day I dropped off my 'docco's' into Education Queensland for a teaching job.

6. Having to get every piece of my life 'certified' by a Justice of the Peace - who apparently, is a balding man with an eye veering to the left in Stockland between 9 - 11 am on thursdays. I was imagining Rumpole of the Bailey.

7. The singlet, leary board short, thong 'fashion' statement.

8. The massive real estate supplement that weighs down the paper which regularly contains the phrase 'absolute sea glimpses'

9. The fact the biggest 'diet/healthy eating' company in the country has been founded by a woman who has clearly NOT given up the pies.

10. Being forced to feel uptight when I am unable to feign an interest in a shop girl's 'day so far'.

In no particular order.

1. The cost of living is quite frankly ridiculous, especially in Sydney

2. People taking the mick out of 'Pommy Beer' whilst drinking a VB (without any hint of irony!)

3. People not wearing shoes when out and about

4. The shortening and nicknaming of everything and anything, even on the news.

5. The fact I have to get on a plane or drive for hours to get to another city.

6. Casual Racism

7. The utterly pathetic Music scene

8. The lack of choice and high price of men's clothing

9. The fact that people keep saying I must be glad to be out of 'rainy' england when Sydney gets twice the amount of rainfall than my home town

10. Why is everything 'Gourmet'?

Do I have to stop at ten?? :-)

3. Not being able to satisfy my eternal longing for a swede bigger than an orang utan's testicle.

I trust you don't mean a Swedish swede? Otherwise you should try a Tasmanian swede - you're obviously at the wrong end of the country.

Guest guest36762
1. The odd assumption that covering yourself in tattoo ink is appealing to the eye. If the film 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' was set in Townsville it certainly wouldn't have singled out our eponymous heroine by any stretch.

2. Being asked at the end of a hairdresser appointment whether I would like some 'product' and discovering they weren't offering a mirror and a rolled up fifty.

4. Chicken salt - need I say more?

5. Being compelled to respond to baby words - ie, the other day I dropped off my 'docco's' into Education Queensland for a teaching job.

6. Having to get every piece of my life 'certified' by a Justice of the Peace - who apparently, is a balding man with an eye veering to the left in Stockland between 9 - 11 am on thursdays. I was imagining Rumpole of the Bailey.

7. The singlet, leary board short, thong 'fashion' statement.

8. The massive real estate supplement that weighs down the paper which regularly contains the phrase 'absolute sea glimpses'

9. The fact the biggest 'diet/healthy eating' company in the country has been founded by a woman who has clearly NOT given up the pies.

10. Being forced to feel uptight when I am unable to feign an interest in a shop girl's 'day so far'.

pure class!

thanks, stuff like this makes it worthwhile to trawl through PIO for signs of life

Archived