10 worst things about living in Australia

Guest Aldo

Guest Working to fish
I see that a few on here are moaning about Australia.....then why go there or live there then? I cant wait to go, I've had me bags pack for 2 months.

I'm not into British footie, I love rugby (a real mans sport) boxing, and of course boozing with mates around having a BBQ, not a pub person. I live in Cornwall and have the beach just down the road, and seagulls trying to knick me pasty. I personally have always wanted to get out of England and when I've gone, I won't miss it, and it's nice that the Australians are proud to be Australian! I'm half Irish, so I'm proud to be that! I don't care if the houses look like Legoland houses, I quite liked Legoland Windsor. Life is what you make it, and for me who will be classed as a Pom as even the Irish are called Poms, I aint really bothered as I've been called worse by the Brits.

We have a chance for a new life, and we dont care how long it takes, and we might be going to Geraldton WA. Mother-in-law is Australian, always talking about going home, so I want to beat her too it!

:biggrin:

I to came from great beaches (Devon) oz is ok ,but not wurth putting uk down for .:idea:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest siamsusie
I see that a few on here are moaning about Australia.....then why go there or live there then? I cant wait to go, I've had me bags pack for 2 months.

I'm not into British footie, I love rugby (a real mans sport) boxing, and of course boozing with mates around having a BBQ, not a pub person. I live in Cornwall and have the beach just down the road, and seagulls trying to knick me pasty. I personally have always wanted to get out of England and when I've gone, I won't miss it, and it's nice that the Australians are proud to be Australian! I'm half Irish, so I'm proud to be that! I don't care if the houses look like Legoland houses, I quite liked Legoland Windsor. Life is what you make it, and for me who will be classed as a Pom as even the Irish are called Poms, I aint really bothered as I've been called worse by the Brits.

We have a chance for a new life, and we dont care how long it takes, and we might be going to Geraldton WA. Mother-in-law is Australian, always talking about going home, so I want to beat her too it!

Welcome to PIO... well I wouldnt imagine anyone would chance the trip, knowing it would cost them thousands in visa /removals, reccie, establishment costs for it to go belly up. There are many emotions involved, family , family support, distances etc and the realisation that Australia isnt for them can be a very rude awakening. It takes much courage and finance to commence a new life on the other side of the globe, as well as to return . Just the immigration procedure alone is exceptionally stressful!

This is where PIO is so great, we are able to offer support and advice also for returnees without them having to fear being judged or recrimination!

Great fishing in Geraldton, a nice windy city, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Susie:wubclub:

Guest siamsusie
I would give almost any thing to be in uk now ,even tho oz is great .:err::yes:

Eddie, if your finances can survive it, then follow your heart, yearning is painful mate! :notworthy::hug:

Guest Working to fish
Yep Ald,

All i ever hear is Aussies talking about Money!It's hard to go 1 minute earwigging on a convo between Aussies without hearing the words "Bucks",or "Dollars" !They worship the Green Back.:wink:

I don't think they do .

They don't like the fact that you may be a cashed up pom ,you came here from uk ,you are at there bbq cashed up from house sale ect....

i can see where they are coming from .

Guest guest36187

I do hope that Oz is everything that you wish for. For many posters on here, life in Oz has changed. When they first started the journey, Oz was cheaper etc etc. It really is not cheaper anymore. I hav ebeen here almost 6 years and life here has changed massively (in a financial sense).

I see that a few on here are moaning about Australia.....then why go there or live there then?

Please do not prejudge others.

Guest siamsusie
I don't think they do .

They don't like the fact that you may be a cashed up pom ,you came here from uk ,you are at there bbq cashed up from house sale ect....

I couldnt agree more... it certainly applied pre the drastic exchange rate.

Luckily my Australian husband has never been witness to this Pommie. v Ozzie divide , the poms he works with are happy with their lot, much banter to be had on both sides of the fence but they are as loyal as, to each other.... the green back is hardly ever mentioned!

:notworthy:

Guest Working to fish
I couldnt agree more... it certainly applied pre the drastic exchange rate.

Luckily my Australian husband has never been witness to this Pommie. v Ozzie divide , the poms he works with are happy with their lot, much banter to be had on both sides of the fence but they are as loyal as, to each other.... the green back is hardly ever mentioned!

:notworthy:

Your best ever post ,

Many thanks ,i think alot of people can learn from your post .:yes:

I don't think they do .

Not so here Fish.I came here with no house sale,and no job to go to,and little Doh.I also never went to any Oz Barbies,gloating on my fortunes and feeding off anyone.It's been hard,but i do stand by what i say,and i also do like it here!Aint having a go at Aussies,cos i like em,just stating an observation!:biggrin:

Your best ever post ,

Many thanks ,i think alot of people can learn from your post .:yes:

Susie is the female "grasshopper" of PIO,i can just imagine her walking across paper sheets without leaving a trace,and launching kung fu stars if yer dont eat yer dinner,oh wise one:notworthy::wink:

Guest siamsusie
Susie is the female "grasshopper" of PIO,i can just imagine her walking across paper sheets without leaving a trace,and launching kung fu stars if yer dont eat yer dinner,oh wise one:notworthy::wink:

:laugh::embarrassed::laugh:

dunce-cap1.jpg

:hug::notworthy:

Guest Working to fish
Not so here Fish.I came here with no house sale,and no job to go to,and little Doh.I also never went to any Oz Barbies,gloating on my fortunes and feeding off anyone.It's been hard,but i do stand by what i say,and i also do like it here!Aint having a go at Aussies,cos i like em,just stating an observation!:biggrin:

Good on you ,but my point of view still stands .

I to came from great beaches (Devon) oz is ok ,but not wurth putting uk down for .:idea:

Yes Devon is nice too and so is Cornwall, but I'm originally from Birmingham, moved to Cornwall 15 years ago with our son who was 5. Our daughter was born in the same hospital as David Cameron's (PM), she is 12 and goes to Fowey School. We got on well with the Cornish but not at first as we were called 'Emmets' (Cornish word for ants). Also lived in France, still have a house there. We are being sponsored so no problems there. Money is not a problem. My father died in 1987 and my mom died in 2009, I have no family here they all live in Dublin. As far as crime, we have it here in Cornwall, even when we moved in the first week we got broken into and all of my music collect from groups & fellow artists I worked with was stolen. Cornwall is 'Gods waiting room', with new houses being built for the elderly, there is already a nickname for part of the estate, it's called 'Walford' (Eastenders). We have already got no go area's and night time boy racer's burn up in our local car park where they ceremonial sacrifice a stolen car every month to there god 'Boredom'! We have lived in France as well, and got on great with the French, always around the neighbours for wine & food at the weekend. So those wine coloured specticals are not needed, as we have lived elsewhere and lived to tell the tale. As far as putting UK down, you lived in Devon how long ago? That is the point, you lived in Devon. We left Birmingham 15 years ago and we left there for a reason, even when people come down in the summer and you chat to them they tell you how lucky you are to live in Cornwall, I know this. Nothing ventured, nothing gained! We do have family that live in Perth, so 'No Worries!:biggrin: Thanks for the views of you all on here.

Guest siamsusie
Australian men are bigger disgusting, seedy, scumbags than anything I ever came across in the UK! :mad:

:no: and engaging brain before fingers in this situation is causing me much pain... for what I would like to say......I quite like my time on PIO and an infraction would lead me to the pile of ironing I have to get done!:laugh:

Many of us have Australian husbands/partners, we have Ozzie members also and I find your comments both insulting and ignorant!!

Guest guest36762
Australian men are bigger disgusting, seedy, scumbags than anything I ever came across in the UK! :mad:

Does this mean that pommy men are smaller disgusting seedy scumbags?

:no: and engaging brain before fingers in this situation is causing me much pain... for what I would like to say......I quite like my time on PIO and an infraction would lead me to the pile of ironing I have to get done!:laugh:

Many of us have Australian husbands/partners, we have Ozzie members also and I find your comments both insulting and ignorant!!

Obviosly those of you that have Aussie partners got the decent ones :wink:

I just get a bit of a shock sometimes (this weekend) at the behaviour of men and living in a town where the ratio is 3 men to every 1 women they really can get a bit full on.

Guest siamsusie
Obviosly those of you that have Aussie partners got the decent ones :wink:

I just get a bit of a shock sometimes (this weekend) at the behaviour of men and living in a town where the ratio is 3 men to every 1 women they really can get a bit full on.

Oh good morning Derbydiva, no thats fine and your point is taken! I have lived in Karratha (where we still have a unit and a son living there) and the ratio was approx 500 men for l woman taking into account FIFO of course.

I found for me dressing well, with an air of class and decorum , maintaining an air of mystery worked for me hence attracting the more salubrious well mannered kind of Australian, if you need any tips please feel free to contact me :wubclub:

Oh good morning Derbydiva, no thats fine and your point is taken! I have lived in Karratha (where we still have a unit and a son living there) and the ratio was approx 500 men for l woman taking into account FIFO of course.

I found for me dressing well, with an air of class and decorum , maintaining an air of mystery worked for me hence attracting the more salubrious well mannered kind of Australian, if you need any tips please feel free to contact me :wubclub:

Thanks for the offer but I know how to dress well and I do not look like a slut.

Guest Working to fish

Photo please :wink:

Guest Working to fish
Something like this??

ATT00001.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Bugga, mighta just committed an unpardonable sin...:wink:

Wrinkled tights mate ,the only bit missing :biglaugh:

Guest siamsusie
Something like this??

ATT00001.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Bugga, mighta just committed an unpardonable sin...:wink:

:twitcy::twitcy::twitcy: where the hell are my Tenna pads!! but you are in so much trouble you really are, :laugh:

Archived