10 worst things about living in Australia

Guest Aldo

Guest guest36762
I trust you don't mean a Swedish swede? Otherwise you should try a Tasmanian swede - you're obviously at the wrong end of the country.

ere we bloody go again

Tassie this.....Tassie that

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TheArmChairDetective
ere we bloody go again

I think the poster meant Tassie swede were big and wasn't having a dig.

Guest guest32776
I trust you don't mean a Swedish swede? Otherwise you should try a Tasmanian swede - you're obviously at the wrong end of the country.

rutabega/swede - not Stephan Edberg!

Guest siamsusie
ere we bloody go again

You have a problem with mentioning Tasmania Doms it would appear? seriously mate, your poor Australian wife must be seeking therapy by now with your negativity:biggrin: as you said to Cal yesterday "Grow Up"!!

:hug:

Guest guest36762
In no particular order.

2. People taking the mick out of 'Pommy Beer' whilst drinking a VB (without any hint of irony!)

Do I have to stop at ten?? :-)

no, keep em coming mate!

not worried re the clothes thing any more

I wear trackies and t shirts whenever I'm not at work these days

I suppose I'll have to buy more trackie pants when the hole in the seat area (caused by the cumulative effect of caustic gaseous emissions) gets too large to go out in public....quite big then.

agree strongly on 2. I'll never understand the thing about 'warm beer' as if that is some kind of sin. My best encounter with an aussie bloke and his beer was years ago, on Boxing Day. I had the misfortune to have a ticket for the MCG test. I can't remember who Australia were playing, but obviously Warne, McGrath et al crushed them. It being a family affair, I went with FIL and BIL, and met my wife's uncle and cousin there. Country blokes, conversationally akin to a maris piper.

ANYWAY, after spending all day trying to make 'convo' with wife's cousin who's stock response was either yeah or nah, we went back to the in laws in Geelong. We had some Carlton draught in the fridge, I offered country boy (cannot remember his name) a stubby, to which he replied with great defiance and aggression "Nah mate, don't drink that ****!".

You see, he was a VB man, just like his dad, and a holden man, just like his dad. It was just a shame his dad forgot to pass down a personality along with the VB/Holden imprint.

And BTW, VB vs Carlton draught? it's a bit like Bangladesh vs Scotland in cricket.....they're both ****e

Guest guest36762
Um your web site dont work and i want my free bee :wink:

:biglaugh:

I can't believe someone tried!

I even considered setting up a domain name, but couldn't be arsed

Maybe I should:biggrin:

Guest guest36762
You have a problem with mentioning Tasmania Doms it would appear? seriously mate, your poor Australian wife must be seeking therapy by now with your negativity:biggrin: as you said to Cal yesterday "Grow Up"!!

:hug:

No probs with Tasmania.

Actually I've never been there! I've heard it's nice, and not JUST from certain posters on PIO:wink:

But we are going in Feb with my parents....in a campervan....:shocked:....for 5 days

Guest guest32776
No probs with Tasmania.

Actually I've never been there! I've heard it's nice, and not JUST from certain posters on PIO:wink:

But we are going in Feb with my parents....in a campervan....:shocked:....for 5 days

'A sense of sh_tting in a bucket you don't get with other holidays' :chatterbox:

Guest siamsusie
'A sense of sh_tting in a bucket you don't get with other holidays' :chatterbox:

What being in a campervan Girlwizz? I thought they came with loos nowadays:huh:

Guest siamsusie
No probs with Tasmania.

Well that will be an experience Doms... I hope most sincerely you enjoy your time here, but I must say I can almost start to envisage your posts:huh: and am feeling decidedly itchy:wubclub:

Guest guest32776
What being in a campervan Girlwizz? I thought they came with loos nowadays:huh:

Er....... poetic licence for comic effect peut-etre? Actually it's a quote from the Inbetweeners...

Guest siamsusie
Er....... poetic licence for comic effect peut-etre? Actually it's a quote from the Inbetweeners...

:cute:ah yes..."Marooned in suburbia, The Inbetweeners follows four friends as they navigate the minefield of the Comprehensive education with their hormones at full blast. There’s vomit, offensive language, and a trip to Thorpe Park."

It all seems such a long time ago:wubclub:

• 1 year later...
For me it was:

(in no particular order)

1. Having to listen to aussies constantly telling you have fkn fantastic their country is.

2. Dark evenings

3. I didn't like the drinking round other people houses social thing, I much prefer going down the pub

4. Workplace. I found the building industry to be unfriendly with too much brown nosing and snitching.

5. Houses. The QLDers are very attractive to look at but the modern aussie homes are mostly timber framed with thing glass windows and tin roofs. Looked a bit like legoland to me.

6. Driving Standards

7. Rain

8. Swooping Birds

9. Commercial areas all looking like modern industrial estates

10. Isolation from Europe

fill ya boots:cute:

I remember replying to this threat BEFORE I came to Oz, now I'm here I have to agree with you 100% apart from:- 7. Rain, not had any for 6 months in WA

Archived