9. lubricant

10. rubber sheeting (8x5m)

oops sorry, that was my shopping list

Your Barbies sound like fun:eek:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The rash one gets around ones balls ,not good .:no::sad:

Ahhh,,i remember it well.. The sight of hairy ars3d brickies dropping their stubbies to apply a libelar about of nappy cream to their aussie sacks.:eek:

Guest sh7t man no way

Ahhh,,i remember it well.. The sight of hairy ars3d brickies dropping their stubbies to apply a libelar about of nappy cream to their aussie sacks.:eek:
i worry about you mate--just what do you get out of watching that:wideeyed:still if it floats your boat:wink:

Bit wingy Aldo..... far more serious problems in the world than those listed above. You wanna try living in SE London! 1. knife/weapons culture, 2. crime, 3. poverty, don't need to list any more as they, to me, are far worse than proud aussies, dark evenings and pubs that dont have security guards wearing bullet proof/stab vests. :rolleyes:

Sounds like Parts of sydney to me ..... I promise you everything London has we have as well.....

Guest chris955

Exactly, another example of people for whatever reason assuming these things don't happen here. I know for a fact that bouncers in many places in SYdney, MElbourne and probably other places wear stab proof vests because of the knife crime.

Sounds like Parts of sydney to me ..... I promise you everything London has we have as well.....

1/ Cyclist who seem to think its their right to ride full pelt down the middle of the pavement.

2/The buses that never turn up.

3/The clog wearing possums

4/Cockroaches that are the size of matchbox cars.

5/Crickets that seem to be able to get inside the house.

6/ Everyone seems to still use their mobiles while driving including bus and taxi drivers.

7/ Cold callers even though I have an unlisted number.

8/The unpredictable weather.

9/Nasal spray adverts

10/The amount of speed cameras !!!!!!!!!

Ok, I'll have a go,

1. The media. No depth or substance to the story behind the headline.

2. The on going coverage of aussie 'rock' greats. AC/DC, John Farnham,INXS,Coldchisel etc as though they are at the cutting edge of music.

3. Tv. Really bad continuity, bits of programs cut off, sometimes mid sentence, dead air and lots of programs run late.

4. The beer. Can't be doing with the fizz.

5. The stitch up that Woolies and Coles have.

6. Petrol prices that rise and fall by as much as 20c in one go. Why? doesn't happen with anything else, eg, bread,beer,clothes etc.

7. Playing cricket on artificial pitches. Helps my batting but not my bowling.

8. Being away from family, friends, folk I have known all my life. But on the other hand I'm away from my MIL!

9. The blow flies. They just want to be your mate and won't take no for an answer.

10. Some of the locals who complain about - the train fares (they're cheap compared to the uk) or the cold when it's 15 degrees, or the traffic (when they haven't been round the Epinal way in Loughborough or in any major city in Europe), or other places in Oz when they themselves have never been out of state, etc.

11. The national and state governments that make the uk ones look good.

Been called a whinging pom for pointing out the obvious

Insects , size of

Aussies

English that all of a sudden slag off england

BBQS

She.ll be right attitude of tradies

The my house is bigger than your house mentality

The why would I want to go anywhere else for a holiday attitude

public schools that are RUBBISH

Aussies that have never been to england but are an authority on it

Guest chris955

The last point is a good one, I have been told all sorts of 'facts' about England by people who have never been there. Some of them have been so unbelievable they were laughable but these people believe them.

Guest iwazawhingingpom

1. supermarkets- lack of choice- hail Tesco !!

2. tv channels- the ads in odd places - how they pull off shows or move them just as you get into them.

3. medicare

4. dentists

5.mince in every pie- pastry horrible too

6. have you ever tried ordering egg chips and bread and butter with vinegar- you feel like your from mars with the look they give you.

7. julia gillard oh yes that reminds me- creepy crawlies, lol

8. hard to make real friends- nothing like a UK pub to go out to

9. public shcools get less help from Gov than private schools

10.amount of crime- felt safer in inner London

Lots of good things, but i guess at the end of the day its what your brought up with back home that you miss..and no amount of sun sea or big houses can make up for..

I am wondering what the point of this thread is? For those wanting to come to Australia it would be a bit of a turn off ( actually maybe not, it would just make them extra careful to avoid whingers) For those who hate the place it probably feeds and justifies their feelings of dislike which isn't that healthy- it's all a bit pathetic.

I am wondering what the point of this thread is? For those wanting to come to Australia it would be a bit of a turn off ( actually maybe not, it would just make them extra careful to avoid whingers) For those who hate the place it probably feeds and justifies their feelings of dislike which isn't that healthy- it's all a bit pathetic.

The point is to a perfectly healthy vent about a few things that we dont like, does'nt mean we hate the country or are whingers. Those that are looking to come here are more likely to be bigger whingers about their home country.

Guest chris955

Why is it pathetic, because you don't like it ?

Thats why we live in Perth. Trust me, i'm a cop..... the stats don't compare. :biglaugh:

Guest iwazawhingingpom

Its a bit of light banter.. not any hidden meanings or to put anyone moving to Australia off !

I could say as many bad things about UK..

Actually i laughed at all the lists and that brightened my day ..

Laughing at negative thoughts of things is healthy, shows you have a sense of humour :eek:

Guest guest36762

pathetic?

no, for me it's a lot better to get any negative stuff out on here (hopefully in a light hearted humorous way), rather than being all doom and gloom at home with my wife and kids. Actually it can be quite uplifting

1. the young asbo style australians

2. people in the main cities

3. the alcoholic 'jack the lad' old fellas who need to grow up

4. the fake australian accent some australian's put on

5. the way german people cant say hello

6. the cost of EVERYTHING

7. the difficulty in finding work

8. every licence you need to pay for is a scam for money

9. the ants

10. the hot plate style BBQ'S

saying all this i still love australia over england and the pro's are better than the con's:biggrin:

I see that a few on here are moaning about Australia.....then why go there or live there then? I cant wait to go, I've had me bags pack for 2 months.

I'm not into British footie, I love rugby (a real mans sport) boxing, and of course boozing with mates around having a BBQ, not a pub person. I live in Cornwall and have the beach just down the road, and seagulls trying to knick me pasty. I personally have always wanted to get out of England and when I've gone, I won't miss it, and it's nice that the Australians are proud to be Australian! I'm half Irish, so I'm proud to be that! I don't care if the houses look like Legoland houses, I quite liked Legoland Windsor. Life is what you make it, and for me who will be classed as a Pom as even the Irish are called Poms, I aint really bothered as I've been called worse by the Brits.

We have a chance for a new life, and we dont care how long it takes, and we might be going to Geraldton WA. Mother-in-law is Australian, always talking about going home, so I want to beat her too it!

:biggrin:

Thats why we live in Perth. Trust me, i'm a cop..... the stats don't compare. :biglaugh:

Yeah but thats like comparing london to the yorkshire dales ... Perth does have quite a low crime rate but so do parts of england. But the areas that are bad here are really bad , as they ar ein uk....

I see that a few on here are moaning about Australia.....then why go there or live there then? I cant wait to go, I've had me bags pack for 2 months.

I'm not into British footie, I love rugby (a real mans sport) boxing, and of course boozing with mates around having a BBQ, not a pub person. I live in Cornwall and have the beach just down the road, and seagulls trying to knick me pasty. I personally have always wanted to get out of England and when I've gone, I won't miss it, and it's nice that the Australians are proud to be Australian! I'm half Irish, so I'm proud to be that! I don't care if the houses look like Legoland houses, I quite liked Legoland Windsor. Life is what you make it, and for me who will be classed as a Pom as even the Irish are called Poms, I aint really bothered as I've been called worse by the Brits.

We have a chance for a new life, and we dont care how long it takes, and we might be going to Geraldton WA. Mother-in-law is Australian, always talking about going home, so I want to beat her too it!

:biggrin:

If I could go home I would .... I hope it is all you wish for I truly do , some people love it some people dont...... :biggrin:

Archived