Category 2's - Where are you now?

GGx0x0

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sivakumar
Great news, enjoy the celebration!

Shirleyt, be ready for the golden ticket at any time, if you have front loaded medical and PCC. Best of luck

Guest WA Jezza
Thanks guys!!!!! Opening the wine when I get back from taking kids to karate!!!!!!!

I will have a tipple for you :hug:

Guest Rebecca78
Hi Guys!!! WHOOP WHOOP we got our 176 visa today!!! Sooooo happy!!!!

Congratulations :jiggy:Have a good celebration now!!

Guest Rebecca78
Rebecca - hearty congratulations and all others who have made it to a CO or a grant.....

I must say rebecca lookng at ur timelines, unbeatable.:wink:

Regards,

JSHAN

Thankyou, I must say we were extremely surprised ourselves. Was expecting it to take longer than the 12 months DIAC recommended :biggrin:

Guest sivakumar
Thankyou, I must say we were extremely surprised ourselves. Was expecting it to take longer than the 12 months DIAC recommended :biggrin:

Indeed, Jshan you're correct. Rebecca has made a record by getting visa in 45days since application. Can anyone break this record?

Guest Rebecca78
Indeed, Jshan you're correct. Rebecca has made a record by getting visa in 45days since application. Can anyone break this record?

Gosh, is that how long it took???? I never thought of it in days like that. Ok I officially challenge all to beat it :biglaugh: it would be great if people could...the more the merrier!! Ha!

Guest sivakumar
Hiya,

Can you turn me pink please - I got a case officer today - yeppeeeeee!!!!

:biggrin:

huge congrats, could you tell me how you was informed that you had your CO, please? I applied four days after you.

Guest sivakumar
Im using an agent and they informed me by e-mail.

Have you done with medical and police? If you have, you can challenge Rebecca 78 lol.

Guest Rebecca78
Have you done with medical and police? If you have, you can challenge Rebecca 78 lol.

Hope so!!! :biglaugh:

Guest JSHAN

I cannot compete with Rebecca with her timelines as mine is paper based 176. Good luck with with Online folks.

I can say nother collegue of mine who is not on PIO got it in 49 days to be precise but still behind reb.

Regards,

JSHAN

Hi guys... Not posted on pio for ages now, as been busy with my baby. just took a look at the front page and I think I am now officially the oldest applicant waiting (non HR).

I am still waiting for the paris embassy to send us our babys british birth certificate, but they are taking ages.

Our co wont move forward on our application until she gets this! Gutted!

So... Here we are still waiting! X

Guest Mongobear
Hi, I have a question to VIC sponsored companions.

How much time it usually takes to receive confirmation from VIC for form 1100?

I sent an e-mail to VIC smp.applications@liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au on 9th of May and still waiting for the confirmation. Is it normal?

Hey Oz,

they've sent it the very next day for me. Also I did not have to ask for it. I confirmed the sponsorship 3 days after I received their offer, had the confirmation the very next day and a CO one week later.

Cheers

Uli

:biggrin::jiggy::biggrin:

I think I may have broken Rebecca's record - 33 days!

[DIAC Application made 7 April (online, category 2 priority, no agent) - granted 10 May 2011].

I look forward to touching base with anyone living in/heading for Canberra/ACT - do drop me a line.

All the best to everyone else with your applications! :)

Anyone looking for a superb Human Resources professional?

Guest DereckDana

We are STILL waiting:arghh:...everything shows as MET, but our case officer is still waiting on my non-migrating son's medicals. They were received on 2/5! This waiting is so frustrating as its so close....but yet still nobody knows WHEN we can get the golden ticket. We want to be in Perth mid July! Anybody have any idea why its taking so long now?

Guest scubabud
We are STILL waiting:arghh:...everything shows as MET, but our case officer is still waiting on my non-migrating son's medicals. They were received on 2/5! This waiting is so frustrating as its so close....but yet still nobody knows WHEN we can get the golden ticket. We want to be in Perth mid July! Anybody have any idea why its taking so long now?

No but I wish I did, our son's medicals have been there since 25/2 but had been enterD as our daughter who never took a medical, they removed them from my daughters status on 4/5 but they still haven't added them to my son's, we received an email on 3/5 saying they are waiting to finalise our visa on receipt pf our son's medicals - our agent has replyed again (4th time) explaining that the results they have are my son's, we have sent them the receipts from the medical center and any other proof we had, I wish I knew what more they wanted, as attaching your photograph and copy of your passport to the medical forms is obviously not enough:mad:

Hey Oz,

they've sent it the very next day for me. Also I did not have to ask for it. I confirmed the sponsorship 3 days after I received their offer, had the confirmation the very next day and a CO one week later.

Cheers

Uli

Hi Uli, thanks for the details. I think I'll wait until tomorrow. If I don't receive it,then I'll send VIC and ask for the confirmation. :unsure:

Good luck with the IELTS result of Madam Uli. :cute:

Guest VickyMel

Great to see you Tasha

Hope you get that birth certificate very very soon - it must be driving you crazy.

Im having a major major dilemma!!! I think our 176 may be refused!!!!

Last week our co asked for a reference from my husbands current job as he is a plasterer but as there is no plastering work here due to the current economic climate he has been working on air conditioning vents for the last 15 months (he last worked as a plasterer in dec 2009) however he has been doing some plastering with the air conditioning company where he currently works with studded walls to fit the vents etc, the problem is plastering is not his main job title at the moment. It is quite hard to explain but im hoping by putting a post on here someone may have been in a similar position once. Here is the email that our co originally sent yesterday after me sending a reference from my hubbys current employer, the reference didnt mention plastering as its not his main job title. This email has devestated us & ive cried since yesterday morning!!! I have removed personal details:

Unfortunately with the information you have provided you do not meet the employment threshold for this visa.

To meet the employment threshold for this visa you must have been employed in a skilled occupation for at least 12 months in the period of 24 months ending immediately before the day on which the application was made. As your application was lodged on 4/3/2011 the period for meeting this requirement is 4/3/2009 to 4/3/2011.

Your employment as a skilled solid plasterer with xxxxxxxxx ended December 2009 which means your employment with xxxxxxxx does not meet the 12 month requirement.

Your employment as an assembler xxxxxxxxx is not listed as a skilled occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) and therefore cannot be considered.

You do have the option to withdraw your application. If you choose to withdraw you must provide a written request that must be signed by all applicants over the age of 18 years. If you choose not to withdraw or we do not receive a response from you then this application will be refused.

You may relodge a new application at any time, however you must ensure that you meet all the requirements for the visa.

If you have any further information to provide or have any enquiries prior to any further action being taken, please feel free to contact me by email within the original 28 day timeframe.

My husband then immediately phoned his manager to ask whether he would do him a reference to include the plastering which he does. His manager agreed & is going to give him the reference today so I sent this email back to our co yesterday. I am still awaiting a reply, I was hoping for a reply this morning to put us either out of our misery if we cant proceed or put our minds at rest & I could go ahead with the new reference:

Hi xxxxxxx,

I have done solid plastering work for xxxxxx studding walls & fitting fire boards ready for me to plaster this is so that the air conditioning vents can be mounted to the walls in demonstration exercises. I have also been on site fixing fire proof boards that need plastering at the back of the air conditioning units.This hasnt been mentioned on the reference from my manager as it is not my main job role however my solid plastering skills have been used at xxxxxx & my manager can do me a reference to confirm this.

I have been doing regular solid plastering over the recent months aswell & although it is unpaid work I have done lots of work for family & friends.

Please let me know whether this would be acceptable & whether you would like me to get a reference from my manager at xxxxxxx. I have put a hold on our medicals as we were due to have them on thursday 12th.

Thanks

As we were due to have our medicals tomorrow which I frontloaded & now regret as I feel as though its fate telling us that we have been too optimistic I phoned the medical centre & re booked for 25 may just so we are in the queue although I can see us having to cancel them altogether!!! We are at our wits end, my husband has even done an AQF III so this process has been a nightmare now it seems it has all been for nothing, DIAC just dont seem to understand that there is hardly any work here now for trades people with the recession but the again I guess they just dont care & them boxes still have to be ticked!!!!!

Hayley

:no::no::no:

Guest VickyMel

Hi Hayley :hug:

I have PMd you as well.

Don't know for sure but I thought it was that you had to be in the nominated occupation for 12 months out of the 24 months prior to lodging your application - and it looks as if it might be tricky to show that although the new letter may help - but it is not his "occupation" as such?

Suggest you start a new thread for this topic in the main migration section to attract more viewers.

I've just reread your post - if it was me I'd be chatting with one of the good migration agents and seeing if they might be able to advise you. You have come too far to muck it up now.

Good luck sorting it out.:hug:

Vicky

Archived