Guest mmh93

Dear seniors/experts,

I need advice on my case:

Application lodged: 28.03.2011

SubClass : 176

SS sponsorship : SA

CO assigned : 21.04.2011

Current status: Appliation being processed further

Document checklist: All in 'met' status except specific work reference which shows ' further checking required'

Actually I got the job reference letter signed by my manager as I am the owner/director of my institute ( Occu: Education manager nec), however DIAC requires the letter be signed by some who 'supervises' your work. I submitted another doc signed by my accounts officer stating the amount of pay I receive from my office each month.

Now, are these docs enough for self-employed applicants? If not, what other documents can I provide?

Regards

mmh93

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rachbarlow

Woo hoo at long last please add us.......before any changes!!

Name:Rachbarlow

Date of Visa application:16/09/2009

Nationality:British

High/Low Risk:LR

Trade/profession:CAbinetmaker

Visa type:176

Which State Sponsored:SA

Date of SMP Applications:1/3/2011

Date of SMP Granted:27/4/2011

Onshore/offshore:Offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category:4

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Guest sivakumar
Dear seniors/experts,

I need advice on my case:

Application lodged: 28.03.2011

SubClass : 176

SS sponsorship : SA

CO assigned : 21.04.2011

Current status: Appliation being processed further

Document checklist: All in 'met' status except specific work reference which shows ' further checking required'

Actually I got the job reference letter signed by my manager as I am the owner/director of my institute ( Occu: Education manager nec), however DIAC requires the letter be signed by some who 'supervises' your work. I submitted another doc signed by my accounts officer stating the amount of pay I receive from my office each month.

Now, are these docs enough for self-employed applicants? If not, what other documents can I provide?

Regards

mmh93

I couldn't find any information related to your request on DIAC's wesbite. However, I have managed to find some information on Vetassess's website. Although it is different from DIAC, I hope, it will help you a lot.

If you worked in your own business:

a) Evidence of tasks performed at the skill level of your nominated occupation

-> Statement from your accountant or lawyer that verifies the name of your business and the position that you held. This must be written on letterhead and signed by the practitioner

-> Your business registration details

-> You should provide a Statutory Declaration if you are unable to obtain a statement from your accountant or lawyer as described above. See Appendix C, Statutory Declaration for information about Statutory Declarations. This should be verifiable and supported by other evidence and

b) Evidence of paid employment – at least one of the following:

-> Payslips (particularly important if you were working for a government department)

-> Group Certificates for Taxation

-> Taxation Records of Assessment

-> Your company taxation records

-> Contracts with clients or suppliers

c) Supplementary employment evidence – optional for all applicants

In addition to the above required evidence of employment you may provide other evidence of employment to support your application such as:

-> Licence or Registration documents and details of the requirements for obtaining the licence or registration.

-> Organisation Chart (on company letterhead) highlighting your duties

-> Evidence of professional development completed during your employment

-> Prizes/Certificates or other forms of commendation

-> If you were self-employed, statements from clients that state the name of your business, the position you held and the business that was conducted by you (e.g.)

Appendix C - http://vetassess.com.au/download/qualification_assessment/SRG1%20Explanatory%20Notes.pdf#page=6

Just an update on the information:

Name: Cazhoney

Date of Visa application: 11/06/2009

Nationality: Brazilian

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession: Environmental engineer

Visa type: 176

Which State Sponsored: NSW

Date of SMP Applications: 29/01/2010

Date of SMP Granted: 02/02/2010

Onshore/offshore: offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category: Cat 4, then moved to 3, now movinig to 2....

Medicals submitted: 13/04/2011

Police check submitted: 13/04/2011

Husband´s IELTS: 25/04/2011

Date CO assigned: 11 March 2011

Date of employment verification (If applicable): My CO didn´t check this

Date visa granted: Not yet

All documents are now "met", except for medicals.

Waiting anxiously for visa! :rolleyes:

Guest Mongobear

Heyho fellows,

just a short one. We have a CO since 2 weeks now, have done the meds one week ago and are about to submit the PCCs. How much longer could it take until we might see a "grant" ?

I've tried to find out from the first page how long people were waiting after submitting the requested docs but most didn't provide the date they supplied meds and PCC so it was hard to figure out an estimation.

Is it more like "some days" or rather "some weeks or months"? In this case for a low risk country.

Thanks a lot

Uli

Guest scubabud

Hi Uli

no one can give a reasonable estimate as some have received their grants within hours of their meds being finalied, we on the other hand have had a CO since January, did our meds and had them finalised in February and still no word about the elusive grant, our agent has sent an email 2 weeks ago asking what the hold up is as we have submitted every form of evidence know to man and still hasn't had a reply, I hope you dont have to wait as long and good luck receiving your grant very soon xx

Marg

Name:Rachbarlow

Date of Visa application:16/09/2009

Nationality:British

High/Low Risk:LR

Trade/profession:CAbinetmaker

Visa type:176

Which State Sponsored:SA

Date of SMP Applications:1/3/2011

Date of SMP Granted:27/4/2011

Onshore/offshore:Offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category:4

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Congratulations on finally getting to cat 2. I hope you don't wait too long for your visa. I know you have jumped through hoops to get there. :jiggy:

Best wishes

Donna :cool:

Guest koko1

Dear Houciaus,

A big congrat to you!

I know you are from Tunisia and case as I read sounded similar to what I am presently going through. I have CO since march and I am a cat 2 applicant. couple of weeks ago my boss told me that the high commission of australia in pretoria called him to make finding about me. he told them I was working for his company and also mentioned to them my job schedule. but he made mistake giving them info of board of trustees of another company of his. but this, he later corrected by sending email to them. But the embassy didn't call me. I know in your case they called both your boss and you.

I asked my CO of the status of my application and he said it is pending internal checking and this will take about 3 months to complete. I want to ask does this internal checking also include security checks? or just confirmations from 3rd parties would take that long? and Co has refused to ask me for meds although I had already done my pcc and submitted. d

Pls. advise. or does it mean they will my boss again and me as well?

Regards,

koko1

Thank you very much Dragster!!! Actually I'm planning to head to perth on September...Hope things go well for you there and you are enjoying Perth lifestyle...See you someday sure :wink:

:hug:

Guest VickyMel

Just catching up - been a way for a few days - then a few more due to the idiots servicing the car causing us to need repairs & spare parts on holiday.

Hope your move is going/went well Connie.

Wooo Hooo great to see you on Cat 2 Rach - hope it all moves along quickly now.

All documents are now "met", except for medicals.

Waiting anxiously for visa! :rolleyes:

Ohhhhh sounds like you will be hearing things very soon now...

Bet you could do with out all these holidays slowing things down!

Heyho fellows,

just a short one. We have a CO since 2 weeks now, have done the meds one week ago and are about to submit the PCCs. How much longer could it take until we might see a "grant" ?

Is it more like "some days" or rather "some weeks or months"? In this case for a low risk country.

Hi Uli

Yep some days or weeks or months! :wink:

Sorry couldn't help myself - I would have thought normal is "days" after everything is met.

One person heard hours after the PCCs were sent in - some have waited a month or so - even low risk people.

We heard about 3 days after sending in the last thing - this is assuming your CO has written to you asking for Meds and PCCs and that you are not front-loading. If you are front loading although you have a CO it may be that the COs team is still looking through your file and has not passed it on yet. The DIAC letter states to allow up to 6 weeks for that.

Vicky

Guest Mongobear

Hi Uli

Yep some days or weeks or months! :wink:

Sorry couldn't help myself - I would have thought normal is "days" after everything is met.

One person heard hours after the PCCs were sent in - some have waited a month or so - even low risk people.

We heard about 3 days after sending in the last thing - this is assuming your CO has written to you asking for Meds and PCCs and that you are not front-loading. If you are front loading although you have a CO it may be that the COs team is still looking through your file and has not passed it on yet. The DIAC letter states to allow up to 6 weeks for that.

Vicky

Heyho,

the Sergeant is back :jiggy: I just checked the letter from the CO again and they definitely asked us to go for the medicals. So it seems they really want to finalize the application one fine day. Unfortunately we'll have to wait until madam sat her IELTS on 7th of May and then another two weeks until she has her results. Argghhhh ... I hate waiting :arghh:

Cheerio

Uli

Ohhhhh sounds like you will be hearing things very soon now...

Bet you could do with out all these holidays slowing things down!

Vicky

Hi Vicky!

haven´t seen you here for a while! Welcome back!

I am from a HR country, so don´t know wether it will take 3 days or 2 months for them to finalize my meds....

But I am hopeful that it will be no longer than 4 weeks....:wubclub:

Carolina

Guest mmh93
I couldn't find any information related to your request on DIAC's wesbite. However, I have managed to find some information on Vetassess's website. Although it is different from DIAC, I hope, it will help you a lot.

If you worked in your own business:

a) Evidence of tasks performed at the skill level of your nominated occupation

-> Statement from your accountant or lawyer that verifies the name of your business and the position that you held. This must be written on letterhead and signed by the practitioner

-> Your business registration details

-> You should provide a Statutory Declaration if you are unable to obtain a statement from your accountant or lawyer as described above. See Appendix C, Statutory Declaration for information about Statutory Declarations. This should be verifiable and supported by other evidence and

b) Evidence of paid employment – at least one of the following:

-> Payslips (particularly important if you were working for a government department)

-> Group Certificates for Taxation

-> Taxation Records of Assessment

-> Your company taxation records

-> Contracts with clients or suppliers

c) Supplementary employment evidence – optional for all applicants

In addition to the above required evidence of employment you may provide other evidence of employment to support your application such as:

-> Licence or Registration documents and details of the requirements for obtaining the licence or registration.

-> Organisation Chart (on company letterhead) highlighting your duties

-> Evidence of professional development completed during your employment

-> Prizes/Certificates or other forms of commendation

-> If you were self-employed, statements from clients that state the name of your business, the position you held and the business that was conducted by you (e.g.)

Appendix C - http://vetassess.com.au/download/qualification_assessment/SRG1%20Explanatory%20Notes.pdf#page=6

Hi Sivakumar,

Thanks for your help.

It appears that VETASSESS specify document checklist for self-employed professionals but DIAC don't. Given that people may assess their qualifications by vetassess for purposes other than GSM, can we assume that DIAC will accept the same set of docs specified by VETASSESS for GSM?

BTW, my application was partially assessed on 21.04.11 which is shown on status. but I can't see the name of my CO nor the date when CO was assigned.

mmh93

Guest VickyMel
the Sergeant is back :jiggy: I just checked the letter from the CO again and they definitely asked us to go for the medicals. So it seems they really want to finalize the application one fine day. Unfortunately we'll have to wait until madam sat her IELTS on 7th of May and then another two weeks until she has her results. Argghhhh ... I hate waiting :arghh:

Cheerio

Uli

:policeman: yep Sgt Vicky can never go for long :laugh:

Once you get your IELTS back scan and send to your COs team and tell them you think that is the last thing.

Thats what we did with our last thing and we got the visa 3 days later. I think there is a lot of variation between different Teams and also work loads over time.

Good luck to Mrs Uli with her IELTS on the 7th May - I have a Skype interview on the 6th (so she and I will both be a bit stressed next week).

Hi Vicky!

I am from a HR country, so don´t know wether it will take 3 days or 2 months for them to finalize my meds....

Carolina

We were HR. I think the lower risk high risk countries hear back pretty quickly - it is just some which undergo those extra security checks.

Vicky

Name:brc

Date of Visa application: 30 Mar 2011

Nationality: Sri Lankan

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession: Electronics Engineer

Visa type: 176

Which State Sponsored: WA

Date of SMP Applications: 10 Feb 2011

Date of SMP Granted: 18 Mar 2011

Onshore/offshore: offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category: N/A

Medicals submitted: Not Yet

Police check submitted: Not Yet

Date CO assigned: Not Yet

Date of employment verification (If applicable): Not Yet

Date visa granted: Not Yet

Guest Mongobear

Good luck to Mrs Uli with her IELTS on the 7th May - I have a Skype interview on the 6th (so she and I will both be a bit stressed next week).

So I got to keep my fingers crossed for two days then. good luck Vicky !!!

fingers_crossed-853.gif

Guest sivakumar
Hi Sivakumar,

Thanks for your help.

It appears that VETASSESS specify document checklist for self-employed professionals but DIAC don't. Given that people may assess their qualifications by vetassess for purposes other than GSM, can we assume that DIAC will accept the same set of docs specified by VETASSESS for GSM?

BTW, my application was partially assessed on 21.04.11 which is shown on status. but I can't see the name of my CO nor the date when CO was assigned.

mmh93

Evidence is evidence. If you run an own business you should have the evidence. CO is not going to ask you that why you have submitted this. If CO accepts, that is great..... try to collect the documents as listed and send out to your CO and see....

Hi All I am back and slowly getting settled in to our new home :jiggy:

Just a quick update to WELCOME Rachbarlow and brc to the Cat 2 thread and thanks to CAZHONEY for the update.:wubclub:

Hope next week bring us lots of pink and purple.

Regards

Connie

:hug:

Guest sivakumar
Hi Vicky!

Carolina

When did you apply for 176 visa? what is the status of your application?

When did you apply for 176 visa? what is the status of your application?

Hi,

I applied in June 2009, as a 175. After the rules changed, I asked for NSW SS, and received it in February 2010.

I now have a CO, and sent my husbands IELTS last week. It was the only document missing.

I didn´t forward medicals or PCCs, I wited for the CO to ask for them.

All my documents now are "met". Only waiting for medicals to be finalized....

Guest sivakumar
Hi,

I applied in June 2009, as a 175. After the rules changed, I asked for NSW SS, and received it in February 2010.

I now have a CO, and sent my husbands IELTS last week. It was the only document missing.

I didn´t forward medicals or PCCs, I wited for the CO to ask for them.

All my documents now are "met". Only waiting for medicals to be finalized....

How long long does it take to issue a CO? I applied on 18/4 and I have had confirmation that WA sent 1100 on 27/3.

How long long does it take to issue a CO? I applied on 18/4 and I have had confirmation that WA sent 1100 on 27/3.

well, I can´t tell you that...in my case, it took 1 year an 9 months...

But is waaaay faster now for the ones who are applying now...

Guest JSHAN

Hi.. All ...There has been no new CO's allocated in CAT 2 after 20th April....I am a 21 march 176 applicant and waitiing patiently for a CO...

CO please get my file in hand:unsure:

Guest sivakumar
Hi.. All ...There has been no new CO's allocated in CAT 2 after 20th April....I am a 21 march 176 applicant and waitiing patiently for a CO...

No, there have been.... look at "WA SS where are we"

I am still waiting too and I applied a month before you, application has been processing further since 10/ 03 /11 but still no CO. They know I'm cat 2, wasnt worried as I knew things had slowed down but now starting to read others who applied after are being allocated CO and am starting to worry.

Archived