Category 2's - Where are you now?

GGx0x0

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sivakumar
Hi Sivakumar, did you refer to online applications or paper based. Actually, Jshan is a paper based applicant.

I think online

Guest travelsparks

How long long does it take to issue a CO? I applied on 18/4 and I have had confirmation that WA sent 1100 on 27/3.
Mine took three weeks to get a case officer and then 5 weeks after that to get visa granted and took us 4 months in total from start to finish including getting SS from WA

Guest sivakumar
Mine took three weeks to get a case officer and then 5 weeks after that to get visa granted and took us 4 months in total from start to finish including getting SS from WA

What do you think of front loading medicals?

Guest travelsparks

What do you think of front loading medicals?
We did as on the DIAC website they advise this

Guest travelsparks

Lodged WA SS on 22nd December and finially got Visa grant 01 April so actually less than four months as we had Christmas and New Year inbetween all that

Hey everyone we finally have a case officer!!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Sent an email yesterday asking for the status of our application then checked emails today & there was an email saying we have a case officer from team 4. They have asked for a reference from my husbands current employers as he is currently not plastering due to no work. This wont be a problem as he will get this tomorrow. Our medicals are booked for 12th May. Hopefully not long now!!!!

:yes:

Guest sivakumar
Hey everyone we finally have a case officer!!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Sent an email yesterday asking for the status of our application then checked emails today & there was an email saying we have a case officer from team 4. They have asked for a reference from my husbands current employers as he is currently not plastering due to no work. This wont be a problem as he will get this tomorrow. Our medicals are booked for 12th May. Hopefully not long now!!!!

:yes:

In front of you, I am a small boy, as I applied on 18/4. Although I know a long wait ahead of me, I can't wait.....

Just a couple of questions if anyone can help. My case officer has asked me to fill in form 80 & sent this for me to print out & fill in. Does everyone have to fill in this form & am I right in thinking that I would have to scan this form (its 8 pages long) then send it back on email? It says they would prefer it to be recieved in PDF format on a scan what does this mean & how will I know what format it is in?

I'm not very technical minded as you can prob tell!!!

Guest jigarercivil

Yes you can printout form 80 , which is in PDF format.. after printout fill it with black/blue pen then scan in JPG or BMP format then combine all pages and make pdf with the help of MS office and then send by same mail id , from which you recieve from case officer

Just a couple of questions if anyone can help. My case officer has asked me to fill in form 80 & sent this for me to print out & fill in. Does everyone have to fithe helll in this form & am I right in thinking that I would have to scan this form (its 8 pages long) then send it back on email? It says they would prefer it to be recieved in PDF format on a scan what does this mean & how will I know what format it is in?

Guest Buddy
Just a couple of questions if anyone can help. My case officer has asked me to fill in form 80 & sent this for me to print out & fill in. Does everyone have to fill in this form & am I right in thinking that I would have to scan this form (its 8 pages long) then send it back on email? It says they would prefer it to be recieved in PDF format on a scan what does this mean & how will I know what format it is in?

well...

the file sent to you is a PDF file, you need to open it with "Adobe Reader", if you don't have Adobe reader installed, download it and install it from here:

http://get.adobe.com/reader/

now, when you open the PDF file, you will notice that you can fill the fields in it, however you can NOT save the file, i.e. if you close it, you will lose the data you've just entered, and the next time you open the file it will be blank again

not to worry, what you need to do is: fill the form and print it on the spot (note that you can fill and print 1 page at a time)

sign the form and scan it.

almost all scanners have the option to "Scan to PDF": you start the scanning job, you feed the pages one by one, and at the end of the scanning job you get one single PDF file (instead of having 1 JPEG file for each page)

hope this helps, if you need more "Technical Support" please let me know

Guest perth42

Happy happy days.... Just logged on and it says applicant approved must arrive in Australia by 7/04/2012 visa indefinite - we have our visa folks! I'm so happy I'm crying - :biggrin:What an emotional day!*:fish:

Happy happy days.... Just logged on and it says applicant approved must arrive in Australia by 7/04/2012 visa indefinite - we have our visa folks! I'm so happy I'm crying - :biggrin:What an emotional day!*:fish:

Congrates Mate

Guest jackfrew

Congrat's to you and Russ. It has been a long time coming!!!!!!:wubclub::wubclub:

Sharon,Davie,Jack and Kai.xxx:jiggy:

Guest seban123

Connie,

Privileged to join this thread at last.. I haven't received confirmation from VIC on form 1100. but you may add my details to the front page.

Name: Seban

Date of Visa application: April 2011

Nationality: India

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession: Analyst Programmer

Visa type: 176

Which State Sponsored: VIC

Date of SS Application: Nov 2010

Date of SS Granted: Apr 2011

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Guest VickyMel
Connie,

Privileged to join this thread at last.. I haven't received confirmation from VIC on form 1100. but you may add my details to the front page.

Great to see you reach this thread Seban - I hope you hear from a CO quicker than the VIC SS!

Vicky

Congratulations mate :)

Congratulations !!!!!!!!! Indeed an emotional day. Enjoy your new life downunder. x

Guest scubabud

CONGRATULATIONS Perth42 at last the wait is over good luck with your future plans xxxx:wubclub:

Guest perth42

Thank you fellow pio'ers you're a great bunch! So supportive during the low points and great during the high points too! Finally we can get on with our dream!

Those of you still waiting, hang in there, it's a roller coaster ride, and you need to hold on tight, but it will come your way. Xx

Guest GalwayGirl

Wohoo can finally join this thread, am still waitiing for WA to send form 1100 to DIAC but hopefully won't take them too long! :)

Name: Galway Girl

Date of Visa application: April 2011

Nationality: Irish

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Carpenter/Joiner

Visa type: 176

Which State Sponsored: WA

Date of SS Application: Feb 2011

Date of SS Granted: Mar 2011

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted: