Category 2's - Where are you now?

GGx0x0

Guest JSHAN
sorry after april 21.

Mate it will take exactly one month after paper based application receival date at DIAC to get your file number or client id. wait until 21st May onwards :chatterbox:

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im having a major major dilemma!!! I think our 176 may be refused!!!!

Last week our co asked for a reference from my husbands current job as he is a plasterer but as there is no plastering work here due to the current economic climate he has been working on air conditioning vents for the last 15 months (he last worked as a plasterer in dec 2009) however he has been doing some plastering with the air conditioning company where he currently works with studded walls to fit the vents etc, the problem is plastering is not his main job title at the moment. It is quite hard to explain but im hoping by putting a post on here someone may have been in a similar position once. Here is the email that our co originally sent yesterday after me sending a reference from my hubbys current employer, the reference didnt mention plastering as its not his main job title. This email has devestated us & ive cried since yesterday morning!!! I have removed personal details:

Unfortunately with the information you have provided you do not meet the employment threshold for this visa.

To meet the employment threshold for this visa you must have been employed in a skilled occupation for at least 12 months in the period of 24 months ending immediately before the day on which the application was made. As your application was lodged on 4/3/2011 the period for meeting this requirement is 4/3/2009 to 4/3/2011.

Your employment as a skilled solid plasterer with xxxxxxxxx ended December 2009 which means your employment with xxxxxxxx does not meet the 12 month requirement.

Your employment as an assembler xxxxxxxxx is not listed as a skilled occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) and therefore cannot be considered.

You do have the option to withdraw your application. If you choose to withdraw you must provide a written request that must be signed by all applicants over the age of 18 years. If you choose not to withdraw or we do not receive a response from you then this application will be refused.

You may relodge a new application at any time, however you must ensure that you meet all the requirements for the visa.

If you have any further information to provide or have any enquiries prior to any further action being taken, please feel free to contact me by email within the original 28 day timeframe.

My husband then immediately phoned his manager to ask whether he would do him a reference to include the plastering which he does. His manager agreed & is going to give him the reference today so I sent this email back to our co yesterday. I am still awaiting a reply, I was hoping for a reply this morning to put us either out of our misery if we cant proceed or put our minds at rest & I could go ahead with the new reference:

Hi xxxxxxx,

I have done solid plastering work for xxxxxx studding walls & fitting fire boards ready for me to plaster this is so that the air conditioning vents can be mounted to the walls in demonstration exercises. I have also been on site fixing fire proof boards that need plastering at the back of the air conditioning units.This hasnt been mentioned on the reference from my manager as it is not my main job role however my solid plastering skills have been used at xxxxxx & my manager can do me a reference to confirm this.

I have been doing regular solid plastering over the recent months aswell & although it is unpaid work I have done lots of work for family & friends.

Please let me know whether this would be acceptable & whether you would like me to get a reference from my manager at xxxxxxx. I have put a hold on our medicals as we were due to have them on thursday 12th.

Thanks

As we were due to have our medicals tomorrow which I frontloaded & now regret as I feel as though its fate telling us that we have been too optimistic I phoned the medical centre & re booked for 25 may just so we are in the queue although I can see us having to cancel them altogether!!! We are at our wits end, my husband has even done an AQF III so this process has been a nightmare now it seems it has all been for nothing, DIAC just dont seem to understand that there is hardly any work here now for trades people with the recession but the again I guess they just dont care & them boxes still have to be ticked!!!!!

Hayley

:no::no::no:

Still no news today!! I have had another sleepless night & ive got no finger nails left!!!!!!!!!

:cry::cry:

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Name: Redprimrose

Date of Visa application:23/03/2011 (paper-based)

High/Low Risk:HR

Trade/profession:ICT

Visa type:176

Which State Sponsored:VIC

Onshore/offshore:Offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category:

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: 12 May 2011

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Name: scubabud

Date of Visa application: 15/02/2010

Nationality: British

Trade/profession: Painter/Decorator

Visa type: 176 WA

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Post-14th July Category: 3

Medicals submitted: No

Police check submitted: No

Date CO assigned: 25 January 2011

Date of employment verification (If applicable): N/A

Date visa granted: 12 May 2011

Regards

Connie

:hug:

OMG, OMG, OMG we got it wooooohooooo

never thought it would happen but it has, I can't beleive it, I'm shaking like a leaf, logged on this morning and there it was

VISA GRANTED

Connie turn us purple pleasssssssssssse, thank you to everyone who has help me not go totally insane through out this process,

and good luck to all those still waiting to hear.

Champagne is in the fridge - let the celebrations begin :jiggy:

:jiggy:Many many congratulations :jiggy:....Killing waiting is over...Time for a big party:biggrin:

Guest Buddy

08-Apr-2011 I applied for the 176

01-may-2011 I sent DIAC a PLE asking if they received my 1100

11-may-2011 I have sent them another PLE, asking the same question..

12-May-2011 it looks like I've got a CO :)

today I received an email from DIAC, team 6:

Dear xyz,

Thankyou for your email.

The state nomination Form 100 has been received and approved.

Your application is currently being assessed.

Kind Regards

R.B

Case officer.

this email from DIAC is a reply for the PLE I sent 1-may-2011

I have not been asked yet for PCC nor Meds.

the online status for the documents I attached is still showing required, anyhow it is known that some people received their visas while the status was still showing "required" no big deal here.

Connie, paint me please :)

Guest seban123
Hi all,

Quick update. CO assigned, documents met, medicals and PCC requested :)

Yoyo xx

congrats yoyo..

was yours online or paper based?

Guest VickyMel

Buddy's in Pink!

We were team 6 and our docs still show as required.

Now sit back Buddy and give them at least a week or two to process you :wink: (but I hope you hear tomorrow!)

The team will go through your docs first then they will pass your file to the CO when they know what is required or not - then the CO will contact you .

Guest SusieOR

Yeah... We can finally join this thread... Cat2!!!

22/01/09 TRA Lodged

20/02/09 TRA Pass

02/06/09 Visa Applied

15/09/09 Applied for 176 WA SS

13/04/10 WA SS Approved

Dec 10 Cabinet Maker not on WA SMP!

05/04/11 Applied for 176 SA SS

12/05/11 SA SS Approved

OMG, OMG, OMG we got it wooooohooooo

never thought it would happen but it has, I can't beleive it, I'm shaking like a leaf, logged on this morning and there it was

VISA GRANTED

Connie turn us purple pleasssssssssssse, thank you to everyone who has help me not go totally insane through out this process,

and good luck to all those still waiting to hear.

Champagne is in the fridge - let the celebrations begin :jiggy:

So so happy for you Marg, I logged on today specially to see if you had gotten your visa yet! Enjoy your celebrations tonight. When are you thinking of heading out?:biggrin:

Guest scubabud
So so happy for you Marg, I logged on today specially to see if you had gotten your visa yet! Enjoy your celebrations tonight. When are you thinking of heading out?:biggrin:

Thank you grainne, looking at begining of November still got to sort the house yet but at least I know I'm defo going now lol had convinced myself it was gonna be refused xx

Makes a difference once you know you have it, and cant believe the difference it made once we actually booked the tickets, really makes it seem real. Its great. Do you have a house to sell or are you going to rent it out? We are going to rent ours out as would take too much of a loss on it. Only have to find a tenant now haha

Guest Rebecca78
08-Apr-2011 I applied for the 176

01-may-2011 I sent DIAC a PLE asking if they received my 1100

11-may-2011 I have sent them another PLE, asking the same question..

12-May-2011 it looks like I've got a CO :)

today I received an email from DIAC, team 6:

this email from DIAC is a reply for the PLE I sent 1-may-2011

I have not been asked yet for PCC nor Meds.

the online status for the documents I attached is still showing required, anyhow it is known that some people received their visas while the status was still showing "required" no big deal here.

Connie, paint me please :)

Congratulations on getting your CO :hug: hopefully your visa will follow very quickly!

Guest katie0499

I'm glad I could finally join the club! Please add me in the list =D

Name: katie0499

Date of Visa application: 11/05/2011

Nationality: Filipino

High/Low Risk: High Risk

Trade/profession: ICT Business Analyst

Visa type: 176

Which State Sponsored: WA

Date of SMP Applications: 14/04/2011

Date of SMP Granted: 09/05/2011

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category:

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Guest scubabud
Makes a difference once you know you have it, and cant believe the difference it made once we actually booked the tickets, really makes it seem real. Its great. Do you have a house to sell or are you going to rent it out? We are going to rent ours out as would take too much of a loss on it. Only have to find a tenant now haha

We're the same, spoke to an estate agent last week who's a friend and he said he's got a waiting list of people wanting to rent a house like ours so once we are ready we're leaving it in his hands. Hope you get a tenant soon, are you going to put it in the hands of an agent or rent it yourself?

Guest scubabud

CONGRATULATIONS BEV isn't it just the best feeling in the world good luck for the future hun xx:wubclub:

Thanks Vicky, I have started a new thread. Yes it is 12 out of the last 24 months in your nominated occupation but wa ss told us this shouldnt be a problem as my husband was a plasterer until dec 09 then he has been doing some plastering with the company that he is now working with now, the problem is diac are completely different to wa ss though arnt they so that all means nothing. Hoep this can be sorted out!!!!

Good luck i really gutted for you guys.

Hi guys... Not posted on pio for ages now, as been busy with my baby. just took a look at the front page and I think I am now officially the oldest applicant waiting (non HR).

I am still waiting for the paris embassy to send us our babys british birth certificate, but they are taking ages.

Our co wont move forward on our application until she gets this! Gutted!

So... Here we are still waiting! X

Best of luck tasha, my fingers and toes are well crossed for you guys, I know hoe much you want that GRANT.

Proview

Guest rex123

I Rex from India, I lodge my application for 475 SS orana on 18 April,

I hav recieved the acknowledgement from DIAC on 13 May and My Form 1100 has been sent today 14 May by NSW Orana RCB.

Can I go ahead with my PCC and medicals or I have to wait until requested by CO?

Am in Priority 2 and if we send these things we dont want to wait after CO request to do so.Am I right?

Rex

Guest seban123
I Rex from India, I lodge my application for 475 SS orana on 18 April,

I hav recieved the acknowledgement from DIAC on 13 May and My Form 1100 has been sent today 14 May by NSW Orana RCB.

Can I go ahead with my PCC and medicals or I have to wait until requested by CO?

Am in Priority 2 and if we send these things we dont want to wait after CO request to do so.Am I right?

Rex

Rex,

Go ahead with medicals and PCC.

Indian PCC roughly takes 1 month and the AFP, 2 weeks.

All the best.

Dear All,

Atlast visa was granted on 9th May.

We will fly on 22nd September, 11.

Regards.

Cat: 475.

State: SA

Application lodge: 9th Sep, 2009

CO allocation: 15th March

Visa Grant: 9th May, 2011

Guest sivakumar

Hi, I applied WA 176 on 18/4, but haven't heard anything on allocation of CO. Although WA sent 1100 on 29/4, there hasn't been no update yet. Could anyone give a tentative duration, please?

Archived