Category 2's - Where are you now?

GGx0x0

Guest JSHAN

Hi Guys,

Got a CO - Team 4 - loving the start to the week...just have been asked for hard copies of my medicals, nothing else written in the email. Please note folks this is paper application took 1.5 months to register in system and almost 4 weeks to a CO, but none the less still got there.

Name: JSHAN

Date of Visa application: 21 March 2011

Nationality: INDIAN

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession: ICT SYST ANALYST

Visa type: SC176(paper)

Which State Sponsored:VIC

Date of SMP Applications: 27 Nov 2010

Date of SMP Granted: 8 March 2011

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category: N/A

Medicals submitted: 16th March 2011

Police check submitted: 16th March 2011

Date CO assigned: 16th May 2011

Date of employment verification (If applicable): N/A

Date visa granted:

Thanks & Regards,

JSHAN

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest seban123

Congrats JShan.. My mind says you will get the grant this week itself..

tighten your seatbelts..

Guest JSHAN

Folks - Thanks for your support, the CO is currently having issues with tracing the medicals outcome as I had reused my Xray from business 457 visa and only done remaining of the tests for 175/176 visa. Let me see what the Co has to say ,wait for a appointment and then 2 weeks for them to be dispatched to DIAC.

fingers crossed, but once you get a CO the lady has responded 3 times in a day today.

Regards,

JSHAN

WELCOME SUSIEOR and katie0499

CONGRATULATIONS MASKETIAR

CONGRATULATIONS!!:jiggy::jiggy:

Name: Buddy

Date of Visa application: 08 April 2011

Nationality: Lebanese (OH Russian)

High/Low Risk: HIGH!

Trade/profession: Computer professional (nec) - 2231-79 (CISSP)

Visa type: 176

Which State Sponsored: VIC

Date of SMP Applications: 10 Nov 2010

Date of SMP Granted: 07 April 2011

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: 12 May 2011

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Name: Lil Bev (Bev & Jay)

Date of Visa application: 17/01/11

Nationality: UK

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Registered Nurse (Surgical)

Visa type: 176

Which State Sponsored: SA

Date of SMP Applications: 27/11/10

Date of SMP Granted: 12/01/11

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: 16 February 2011

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted: 12 May 2011

Date CO assigned: 16 May 2011

Date visa granted:

Regards

Connie

:hug:

Still no response from our co!!! grrr! I cant believe I sent the email last tues & still no response!!

Weve had a vile weekend hubbys bday too which I reckon one he desperately wants to forget as neither of us were in the mood!

We now have the amended reference from my hubbys manager so dont know whether to just send this to our co anyway or to still wait for a response from the co.

What to do??????

Guest Buddy

We now have the amended reference from my hubbys manager so dont know whether to just send this to our co anyway or to still wait for a response from the co.

What to do??????

by all means, send it right away

forward the last email you've sent to the CO, in the forwarded message, attach the new reference, and type few lines explanation.

best luck!

Guest travelsparks
Hi everyone,

I have withdrawn my SS application from NSW....

I guess I am back to Category 3....

Or should I stay here? :rolleyes:

Why did you do this !!!!:arghh::arghh:

Guest JSHAN

Folks - I am thrilled and speechless, not sure what action I need to do to celebrate this occasion.

Thank all the fellow PIO who have given their time,knowledge and more than that the sense of oneness of what we all are looking forward to, the smilies,sad faces, the thanking ,the "arrghs",the "hugs",the briggins, the confused looks and all other emotions. I felt each and every one of them through this journey.

I have been through this exercise since 2009 January,when my wife first thought of getting a PR.She got her skill assessments done - 3.5 months (April 2009), then rules changed, had to wait 1 year for her Australian experience to clock 1 year (April 2010), IELTS done in OCT 2009. Got things ready to apply and I dint want to go ahead in April 2010.As I was aware that fellow applicants were waiting over a year already and DIAC had no idea when and how to clear. May 2010 - applications freeze . July 2010 opens again. I thought in May2010 that Australia is closing its doors to the world for perm migration. So took up the application again and submitted 175 in August 2010. Then again CAT3 wait for 2 years dint feel like had done a good job. Applied for VIC SS in Nov as soon as it opened was one of the 1st few who got through the internal vic criteria's. Applied new 176 in March paper based had to wait 1.5 months to get a file number and then 1 month for CO and 1 day for grant. I know there are lot of friends here who have waited too long to think whether its worth it of the wait. I would say "Yes" worth it. just hang on guys and you will feel that you have done the right thing. I have spent $ 10,840 - 2 applications + rest of the formalities + Agent fees.

I have been granted a PRE GRANT letter , which means we have got it, & the initial entry is in Sept 2011.

Now, I can open up my mind and start thinking of things to do.

I will keep checking and guiding friends who need help here at PIO and would be in your happiness and tough times and see through.

All the best guys and keep shining.

Date visa granted: 17th May 2011

regards,

JSHAN

Why did you do this !!!!:arghh::arghh:

For 2 reasons...

1. I already have a CO. I asked him if I could do this, and he said ok....I am elegible for a 175 anyway...

2. Sidney is toooo expensive....I am worried about the rent prices there....:eek:

Guest JSHAN
For 2 reasons...

1. I already have a CO. I asked him if I could do this, and he said ok....I am elegible for a 175 anyway...

2. Sidney is toooo expensive....I am worried about the rent prices there....:eek:

So will that mean you will be un-allocated by the case officer as you now fall into cat3 timelines? or will you be still be progressed at a CAT2 speed as you alredy have a CO.

It is a good idea if this works :) . I would say ... Yes Sydney is very costly as much as 2 times to 2.5 times of melbourne

Guest rex123

ASPC.Support.Unit@immi.gov.au

Hi all, NSW confirmed that they send form to DIAC on 13 May . They forward a copy to my agent also and NSW send the form in above mentioned email ID.Do any one know that their form also been send to this ID? Please confirm or I want to SEND a PLE for confirming the recieval of form by DIAC'

Please advice

Congrats JSHAN for your grant. Enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Goodluck for rest of alll

REX

So will that mean you will be un-allocated by the case officer as you now fall into cat3 timelines? or will you be still be progressed at a CAT2 speed as you alredy have a CO.

It is a good idea if this works :) . I would say ... Yes Sydney is very costly as much as 2 times to 2.5 times of melbourne

No, I will still be processed, with the same CO.....I am a June 2009 applicant, so even being on Cat 3, I would have already had a CO....

FOr me it´s better to receive a 175 visa, so I can choose any city to live, it gives me more options....

Guest DereckDana

Congrats to JSAHN - must be one of the quickest visa grants ever!

I cant believe we are STILL WAITING:confused: getting really despondant now.....only thing still outstanding is my non-migrating sons medical which was received on 2 May! The case officer has checked everything to MET on our online checker. PLEASE CAN WE GET OUR TICKET?????

Guest AustrAnglian
No, I will still be processed, with the same CO.....I am a June 2009 applicant, so even being on Cat 3, I would have already had a CO....

FOr me it´s better to receive a 175 visa, so I can choose any city to live, it gives me more options....

Congrats Carolina! It's good to see DIAC treating your application fairly and not penalising you for their own delays with the SMPs. Having more choice is always a good thing.

Anyone else going to Sydney who knows how to make a decent caipirinha?

For 2 reasons...

Rent in Syd is sky high. However, it does have a kind of glam factor that the other major cities don't have - that is provided you don't live in Liverpool or Penrith :laugh:

Congrats Carolina! It's good to see DIAC treating your application fairly and not penalising you for their own delays with the SMPs. Having more choice is always a good thing.

Anyone else going to Sydney who knows how to make a decent caipirinha?

Hi Austranglian,

thanks!

I am still aprehensive about it. All my documents are "met", but medicals are still "referred" since April 12th....don´t know why and how long will it still take....

Anyway, I will still have to stop in Sidney...So we will still have our barbecue!

Carolina

Guest Mongobear
Hi Austranglian,

thanks!

I am still aprehensive about it. All my documents are "met", but medicals are still "referred" since March....don´t know why and how long will it still take....

Anyway, I will still have to stop in Sidney...So we will still have our barbecue!

Carolina

You'll land in the US if you book a flight to "Sidney". Take care :wink:

http://geography.about.com/b/2006/12/29/sydney-or-sidney.htm

Guest DereckDana

Hey Caz, our meds are also referred and taking so long - (actually its my non-migrating son's meds) all our meds and other things have been met....wish it would hurry now:cry:

Guest fuel4mind
Folks - I am thrilled and speechless, not sure what action I need to do to celebrate this occasion.

Thank all the fellow PIO who have given their time,knowledge and more than that the sense of oneness of what we all are looking forward to, the smilies,sad faces, the thanking ,the "arrghs",the "hugs",the briggins, the confused looks and all other emotions. I felt each and every one of them through this journey.

I have been through this exercise since 2009 January,when my wife first thought of getting a PR.She got her skill assessments done - 3.5 months (April 2009), then rules changed, had to wait 1 year for her Australian experience to clock 1 year (April 2010), IELTS done in OCT 2009. Got things ready to apply and I dint want to go ahead in April 2010.As I was aware that fellow applicants were waiting over a year already and DIAC had no idea when and how to clear. May 2010 - applications freeze . July 2010 opens again. I thought in May2010 that Australia is closing its doors to the world for perm migration. So took up the application again and submitted 175 in August 2010. Then again CAT3 wait for 2 years dint feel like had done a good job. Applied for VIC SS in Nov as soon as it opened was one of the 1st few who got through the internal vic criteria's. Applied new 176 in March paper based had to wait 1.5 months to get a file number and then 1 month for CO and 1 day for grant. I know there are lot of friends here who have waited too long to think whether its worth it of the wait. I would say "Yes" worth it. just hang on guys and you will feel that you have done the right thing. I have spent $ 10,840 - 2 applications + rest of the formalities + Agent fees.

I have been granted a PRE GRANT letter , which means we have got it, & the initial entry is in Sept 2011.

Now, I can open up my mind and start thinking of things to do.

I will keep checking and guiding friends who need help here at PIO and would be in your happiness and tough times and see through.

All the best guys and keep shining.

Date visa granted: 17th May 2011

regards,

JSHAN

Congrats mate. Its time to party

Hey Caz, our meds are also referred and taking so long - (actually its my non-migrating son's meds) all our meds and other things have been met....wish it would hurry now:cry:

I don´t even know who to ask about this delay.....

Archived