SMP Countdown

claireg

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VickyMel

Food eaten - alcohol soaked up now back to my normal self! :twitcy:

Isn't it weird to think that for those of us currently in Cat 4 could, when the SMP go through go straight to Cat 2 (that of course, is as long as we are on the list), then before you know it your visa will be through. But at the same time if tomorrow doesn’t happen, we will still be plodding along doing the same thing. Life is a bizarre thing.....:)

Don’t ask why I have just written this, it’s just been bugging me…

Good luck everyone….x

It was crazy when people who had prev been Cat 6/7 suddenly shot up to Cat 3 when the new SOL list came out. Shows that they had been in high demand - gov changed criteria - but 1 year later whoops actually we still do want you.

It was the same the other way round one day we were Cat 2 - the next Cat 4... such bizzare swings back and forth

Yep - life is bizarre - been plodding along for over a year now - getting a bit fed up of it I could do with a thrill - or at least a change.

Sometimes I'm hopeful sometimes I'm not - but mainly I'm fed up with putting everything on hold and feeling an idiot for doing so.

Please don't shoot the messenger,but DIAC web site is active but no SMP.

Don't think they are at work yet... but hopefully waking up on the right side of bed - and will have an easy drive into work and feel good about letting us know if it is going to happen or not...

Well, if all the rumours are true we'll get to see the SMPs in 2.5 hours time! :biggrin:

Lets hope it isn't just another let down...

Guest VickyMel
The WA website is still down!

Sober again now!

Food and coffee - had the G&T too early in the evening!

Maybe it is a positive thing??? Maybe they are updating things.

Unfortunately VIC web site looks the same as ever nothing happening there!

VickyMel

Hi Claire,

What do you mean by "new form announcement"???

If I may... from the DIAC website under 'news'

'

New Form 956 and 956A

Form 956 – Appointment of a migration agent or exempt agent or other authorised recipient has now been split into two new forms. The previous form had multiple functions including appointing, changing and ending appointment of migration agents, exempt persons and authorised recipients. This was found to be confusing for departmental clients and after extensive consultation with stakeholders, the form was split into two forms.

New Form 956 – Advice by a migration agent/exempt person of providing immigration assistance

This form is to be completed by the migration agent or exempt person to notify the department that:

• they have been appointed by a client to provide immigration assistance in relation to a matter before the department (for example, visa application), and confirm that they have also been appointed as the authorised recipient

or

• their appointment by the client to provide immigration assistance has ceased.

Note: If the client wants to appoint an authorised recipient who is not a migration agent/exempt person, then they will need to complete Form 956A.

New Form 956A – Appointment or withdrawal of authorised recipient

This form is to be completed by the client to notify the department:

• of the appointment of an authorised recipient to receive written communications that the department would otherwise have sent to the client; or

• that the appointment of an authorised recipient to receive written communications has ceased.

Date of effect of the new forms

The new forms will be available online from 1 November 2010 and can be downloaded from Legend or the department's website.

See: Numerical List – 100 to 999

What you need to do

From 1 November 2010 please use the new Form 956 and 956A and destroy any old Form 956.

If a migration agent is representing two different people (for example, a sponsor and a visa applicant) in related applications, they will need to complete two Forms 956 – one for the sponsor and one for the visa applicant.'

this doesn't mean a great deal to me though .....

If I may... from the DIAC website under 'news'

'

New Form 956 and 956A

Form 956 – Appointment of a migration agent or exempt agent or other authorised recipient has now been split into two new forms. The previous form had multiple functions including appointing, changing and ending appointment of migration agents, exempt persons and authorised recipients. This was found to be confusing for departmental clients and after extensive consultation with stakeholders, the form was split into two forms.

New Form 956 – Advice by a migration agent/exempt person of providing immigration assistance

This form is to be completed by the migration agent or exempt person to notify the department that:

• they have been appointed by a client to provide immigration assistance in relation to a matter before the department (for example, visa application), and confirm that they have also been appointed as the authorised recipient

or

• their appointment by the client to provide immigration assistance has ceased.

Note: If the client wants to appoint an authorised recipient who is not a migration agent/exempt person, then they will need to complete Form 956A.

New Form 956A – Appointment or withdrawal of authorised recipient

This form is to be completed by the client to notify the department:

• of the appointment of an authorised recipient to receive written communications that the department would otherwise have sent to the client; or

• that the appointment of an authorised recipient to receive written communications has ceased.

Date of effect of the new forms

The new forms will be available online from 1 November 2010 and can be downloaded from Legend or the department's website.

See: Numerical List – 100 to 999

What you need to do

From 1 November 2010 please use the new Form 956 and 956A and destroy any old Form 956.

If a migration agent is representing two different people (for example, a sponsor and a visa applicant) in related applications, they will need to complete two Forms 956 – one for the sponsor and one for the visa applicant.'

this doesn't mean a great deal to me though .....

Yes, this is what I meant. It is the only news dated 1st November and has nothing to do with SMP.

ta

Claire

Guest dragsterwish
It has probably been posted somewhere but who actually said that the SMPs would be released today??

Its a speculation/wish date. VIC govt says SMP would be released after 1st Nov. WA says SMP should be released in coming weeks on 5 Oct. Given that 1st Nov is a Monday and a fresh month, we speculate that it could be a possible release date.

Even if its not released today, its still another day/week/month closer to its release date.

I got the below email from Radmila Poznovia, WA State Migration Centre on SMP release enquiry..... It seems like it may or may not happen this month...

Hope this helps...

Dear Rebekah,

we are hoping to open the sponsorships this month if we receive the criteria and the

occupation list from the Immigration Department. Please keep checking our website

and as soon as we have any information we will post it there. At this stage we are

unable to confirm which occupations will be on our Skilled occupation list as we are

still waiting for our Plan to be signed off by the Minister.

Kind regards,

Radmila Poznovia| Migration Officer, Skilled Migration WA

Guest jilkfree1978

I got a reply from queensland today about the smps

Hi xxxxx

We do not know when the State Migration Plan will be released nor what occupations will be included

Regards

Ms Jodie Willis

Project Officer

Skilled & Business Migration

Department of Employment, Economic Development & Innovation

Level 8, 111 George St, BRISBANE CITY EAST Q 4000

PO Box 15168, CITY EAST QLD 4002

Email: Jodie.Willis@deedi.qld.gov.au

Ph: 617 3224 4969 Fax: 617 3404 3692

Work Live Play

Guest AustrAnglian

Thinking about this logically, the Minister has divided occupations into ones he desires (Schedule 3) and the remainder who are undesired (Schedule 4). In the absence of the SMP's the Schedule 3 applicants are being prioritised, so right now the Minister is getting what he wants by dragging his heels. Where's his motivation for signing off the SMPs and allowing some Schedule 4's to be fast-tracked? It's up to the States to motivate him to sign more promptly. So far obviously without success.

oh what a letdown. I thought ACT would have announced today. Never mind, let's hope they continue to process Cat3 at the fast pace they have been.

Claire

yes, me too. I have thought that ACT would have announced today.

Let's hope for the best.

Guest dragsterwish

Great to see SMP FINALLY being released & with a CONFIRMED date! Way to go Victoria!!!

Too bad, WA is still silent on this issue..... pray hard that WA & other states will also release on 3rd Nov!!!

Praying hard for WA.... But also not getting hopes up. Eveything seems to move soooo slowly. Today was watershed date for me having been tracking the dates for ages - backup plan of moving to NZ for however many years Oz takes to process is now commenced.

Think will go and have a few beers tonight to cheer myself up.

No, nothing since the last reconfirmation email. Like you, I was certain ACT would be first. I have got such a hectic day at work today but I can't seem to focus!

Considering the Victoria announcement came really late in the AU workday, then I'm hoping the message from DIAC came way too late in the day for ACT to get the website updated. I will keep a sharp eye on the ACT site this evening. I wouldn't be surprised if we get an email from Julianne too.

Great to see SMP FINALLY being released & with a CONFIRMED date! Way to go Victoria!!!

Too bad, WA is still silent on this issue..... pray hard that WA & other states will also release on 3rd Nov!!!

When WA finally announce the SMP we will probally crash the system with so many ppl trying to look and apply!! :goofy:

Archived