SMP Countdown

claireg

Hi Jodie JK2510,

I'm just wondering myself how did you guys manage to apply for WA SS after 1st of July, for my agent keeps saying that's not possible to ask people in WA for something up to the releasing of their SMP ?

Thanks

Valentin

I applied for a 175 march 09 and WA SS July 09.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am seriously starting to think that the SMPs won't be out this year. It will have to be some time next year. I am glad I didn't wait for the SMPs to come out before I lodged my application.

I mean, even if the states have finalised their SMPs, it would take ages for DIAC to approve them and then for the federal minister to sign it off. So, it won't be any time this year. We have the bureacratic red tape to thank for all this.

Or will they announce SMP on different dates and have a start date for when all states are ready!?!

I think this will depend on the states how fast they can get their lists approved / agreements signed. It was similar to when they had begun with the then 'new state sponsorship' visas. The moment the states were ready, they began the sponsoring process. The only difference is that the implementation of the rule did not have a waiting period of so many months like the SMPs but had immediate effect.

Guest VickyMel
Stop Messing Poms... (about)

Yeah it doesnt really work but I was bored :wink:

I think the Oz government thinks it means

Stop Migrating Poms

Is it 14 or 13 days to go now on the countdown?

Guest snowy10
I think it perhaps time we had another countdown to the SMP..... 1st November may be the date when we may see something (we hope)

17 days to go :daydreaming:

Let's hope we all get some good news and soon.

Claire

1st Nov.....which year????

Guest VickyMel
I think it means

SMP = Secret Migration Plan

They want to keep it hidden under the table ....:policeman:

Yes

or SMP may = Suckers Migration Plan

I certainly feel like a sucker for falling for it and waiting with each change for something...

that may happen in how many days..? 12 now

Yep that would make me a right sucker!

Guest AndyH78

I had an email from True Blue Migration today saying that WA had submitted their SMP and were just waiting sign off from central government. Not sure where she's got this information from though.

I had an email from True Blue Migration today saying that WA had submitted their SMP and were just waiting sign off from central government. Not sure where she's got this information from though.

Well its a general idea that States have sent there SMP to federal Govt. and all of them or majority of them are waiting for SMP approvals .......

Guest kittymeow
Well its a general idea that States have sent there SMP to federal Govt. and all of them or majority of them are waiting for SMP approvals .......

It's stated in WA website too waiting for final sign off.

The Government of Western Australia's State Migration Plan is currently with the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship for final sign off. The Plan will introduce the Western Australian Skilled Migration Occupations List.

Let's hope our countdown to 1 Nov is the final countdown & wake me up when Oct ends.. :SLEEP:

It's stated in WA website too waiting for final sign off.

The Government of Western Australia's State Migration Plan is currently with the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship for final sign off. The Plan will introduce the Western Australian Skilled Migration Occupations List.

Let's hope our countdown to 1 Nov is the final countdown & wake me up when Oct ends.. :SLEEP:

Hi all, interesting that this appeared on the WA website back on the 5th Oct !!!!! Obviously takes an eternity for it to get signed off and implemented :mad::mad:

Archived