You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

BritChickx

Working Holiday Visa Peeps :)

There isn't a section for people just travelling on a WHV, so I thought I'd start a thread for those who are planning to go out on a WHV within the next year or two, or for those who have gone out and want to share their experience. I know there are a few of you out there but I'm sure there's more, would be good for us to all chat on one thread! :cute:

The best best BEST thing I ever did. So much so that I got a WHV for Oz, came home after it expired, saved up and then got a WHV for New Zealand.

You're gonna have a ball ladies! :jiggy:

Partner visa lodged 5/7/10, subclass 309 Partner visa granted on 29/10/10. Permanent Residency visa granted 15/11/12. :cool:

Cool! Bet you're counting down the weeks. I'm counting down the months already lol, not going til around end of next August! Long wait :(

Cool! Bet you're counting down the weeks. I'm counting down the months already lol, not going til around end of next August! Long wait :(

It will soon come round for you!! I have been on a countdown for the past 15 months and its nearly here now!! It will be nice to actually be able spend some money when I go! sooo fed up of saving now!

As above, will do the 2 years in Oz, then perhaps New Zealand for a couple after.. Fancy being a nomad for a while!!

Guest Alexxxxx

We're going over on a WHV if we can't get sponsorship first. We are aiming to go around February and March as well :) Can't wait!!!

Great :) sounds good for both of you. I would love to come out sooner but need to save lots!

Great :) sounds good for both of you. I would love to come out sooner but need to save lots!

So do you have any rough plans or just going with whatever happens?

Gonna start off in Perth, work for a few months to get more money and a 2nd WHV, after new year travel down to Adelaide, then onto Alice Springs, Darwin, fly to Cairns then travel down the east coast to Sydney, then if I've got time and/or money continue going until I'm back to Perth! You?

Gonna start off in Perth, work for a few months to get more money and a 2nd WHV, after new year travel down to Adelaide, then onto Alice Springs, Darwin, fly to Cairns then travel down the east coast to Sydney, then if I've got time and/or money continue going until I'm back to Perth! You?

Sort of planned... having a stop over in Hong Kong for 5 days first, figured it would be a bit of a treat to stay in a nice hotel before living in a van for the next how many months!! Starting in Oz at my Mum's on the Sunshine Coast, gonna have a chill out there for a few weeks and going on her holiday with her up to Rainbow Beach, then look for a campervan to buy then heading North first. Got a couple of jobs pretty much sorted so as soon as I choose which area, will do the 3 months work and get that out the way then off we go round. Hopefully being able to not work for a few months at a time (at the expense of ALL my savings!!!:goofy:) Have got some family in most states so very handy for some free nights not sleeping in a small van!!! Hopefully everything will pan out ok! But even the best made plans go belly up at times!

You can get a free lift if you are ever near where we are!!!

Sounds great, good plan. Thanks for the lift offer :) I'm sure I'll need it at some point lol!

I came to Oz on a WHV 7 years ago, am still here and now a citizen. I just love the place.

HOWWWW? :biggrin:

HOWWWW? :biggrin:

I was sponsored by my employer, then became a Permanent Resident and then took the oath.

I can come and go as I want

I was sponsored by my employer, then became a Permanent Resident and then took the oath.

I can come and go as I want

That's the way to do it! How lucky are you! :yes:

Partner visa lodged 5/7/10, subclass 309 Partner visa granted on 29/10/10. Permanent Residency visa granted 15/11/12. :cool:

Bump! Come on, I know there's more of ya!

There must be loads of peeps heading out on a WHV Brit - where are they?! Come on out guys! :wubclub::biggrin:

Guest Alexxxxx

We am in Feb/March! Well we are if we don't get a sponsorship before then :) I will make sure I post about my experiences!

Will keep a bottle of voddy spare for yer, (IF were there, and IF you call in to see me+the ferret)BUT im educating yer(make yer drink,lol!)on whiskey,yer'l love it!yer will:mad::biggrin:

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub:

Will keep a bottle of voddy spare for yer, (IF were there, and IF you call in to see me+the ferret)BUT im educating yer(make yer drink,lol!)on whiskey,yer'l love it!yer will:mad::biggrin:

That's really lovely of you Pabs. But AHEM....where is my invite??!! :biglaugh::jiggy:

That's really lovely of you Pabs. But AHEM....where is my invite??!! :biglaugh::jiggy:[/QUOT

ARRRRrr AYYyy ks! your allways wecome,you'd love jan(44 going on 9!!),long time:hug:,going to wach 2nd half now,tara for now mate

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub:

WHV great!!!! working on my defacto visa now as met my boyfriend while i was there! changed my life!! x

OMG, everyone's gonna be saving a bottle of vodka for me, by the time I get home I'll have some serious liver damage :biglaugh: thanks I'll be sure to come and say hi!

I'm sure there has been some more folk on PIO going on WHV's since this was started... lets get it going again!!