WA Govt updates site - no SMP news yet!

Waitingawhile

omg no floor finishers on this list! :(

No refrigeration and air con engineers mentioned! :(:(

Hi Jodie and Paulswin

The Occupations shown in Appendix B are classified according to the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) 2006.

Airconditioning and refrigeration mechanic is considered as Electronics Trades Workers

Floor finisher is on the section "Painting trade workers"

Hope I'm not wrong:smile:

:hug:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JK2510
Hi Jodie an and Paulswin

The Occupations shown in Appendix B are classified according to the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) 2006.

Airconditioning and refrigeration mechanic is considered as Electronics Trades Workers

Floor finisher is on the section "Painting trade workers"

Hope I'm not wrong:smile:

Thank you very much for that. :)

The list of occupations doesn't marry up with the priority list published in June though has any one else noticed this? I am interested in the Drug /alcohol counsellor route which is supposed to be a top priority for the state but the only title this might come under is welfare support worker on the list!

The list of occupations doesn't marry up with the priority list published in June though has any one else noticed this? I am interested in the Drug /alcohol counsellor route which is supposed to be a top priority for the state but the only title this might come under is welfare support worker on the list!

Yes I think so

Have a look on this to check 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition, 2006

'You people are really gone...SMP is a 'not to be implemented' one. we are just ruining our life. its nothing. SA have realized it? others will soon believe on....... haha. lets o by boat and see what is happening next....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:.

AUZ needs REFUZEEEEEEEEEEES.

Guest dragsterwish
Other than the state priority list which was released on July, there is another recent research made on September which could give you an idea about jobs prospects and future employment growth in all the occupations. This research could be a good support to guess what nominations will be on the SMP.

Have a look on this link http://www.dtwd.wa.gov.au/dtwd/detcms/navigation/understanding-our-future-workforce/#toc2

Now all we have to do is sleeping until they release our Smp.:SLEEP:

Thanks Houciaus. Its good to know that the Architectural technician(Associate) trade is still growing strong in WA. Great!:biggrin:

Guest Jane1991
'You people are really gone...SMP is a 'not to be implemented' one. we are just ruining our life. its nothing. SA have realized it? others will soon believe on....... haha. lets o by boat and see what is happening next....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:.

AUZ needs REFUZEEEEEEEEEEES.

Correction - Australia does not need stupid twits.

Thanks Houciaus. Its good to know that the Architectural technician(Associate) trade is still growing strong in WA. Great!:biggrin:

YES! It's a good sign to see architectural technicians on WA Smp but I’m hoping DIAC would value this research and let us jump :animal-frog: to category 2.

Fingers crossed:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Guest dragsterwish
YES! It's a good sign to see architectural technicians on WA Smp but I’m hoping DIAC would value this research and let us jump :animal-frog: to category 2.

Fingers crossed:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Yeah, that's right! At least WA has been one of the most active in market research compared to the other States! Hope all existing SS holders jump ship to Cat. 2!

Cheers!

Thanks anyway -I had a look and Drug and Alcohol Counsellor doesn't fit under the title of welfare support worker will just have to wait for the SMP and hope it matches the priority occupations list!

Hi Houciaus2010 how on earth did you find floor finishers under paint trades?? I hope your right too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi paulswin,

Have a look on this

1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition, Revision 1

MINOR GROUP 332 FLOOR FINISHERS AND PAINTING TRADES WORKERS

• FLOOR FINISHERS AND PAINTING TRADES WORKERS install and repair soft and resilient floor coverings, and apply paint, varnish, wallpaper and other finishes to protect, maintain and decorate the surfaces of buildings and structures.Indicative Skill Level:

Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.

In Australia:

• AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)

In New Zealand:

• NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)

At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.Tasks Include:

• measuring areas to be covered and consulting plans to estimate quantities of floor covering materials required

• preparing surfaces by removing old floor coverings, paint and wallpaper, fixing woodwork, filling holes and cracks, smoothing and sealing surfaces, and removing baseboard trims

• measuring, cutting and fixing underlay materials

• laying underlay and covering materials on floors, matching patterns, cutting shapes around fixtures and trimming edges

• selecting and preparing paints to required colours by mixing portions of pigment, oil, thinning and drying additives

• applying paints, varnishes and stains to surfaces using brushes, rollers and sprays, and hanging wallpaper

This section contains the following subsection : UNIT GROUP 3321 Floor Finishers

UNIT GROUP 3322 Painting Trades Workers

• 3 weeks later...

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

The proxy server could not handle the request GET /skilledmigration.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Message above slightly different to the ones I usually get........does this mean movement.....oh how sad I have become monitoring 'web site down' messages...:witch-dramaqueen:

Proxy Error

Message above slightly different to the ones I usually get........does this mean movement.....oh how sad I have become monitoring 'web site down' messages...:witch-dramaqueen:

I can not open WA`s website.

I am expecting to be released the SMP includung applicants who have already got state sponsorship.

cheers

Guest tabatha
Proxy Error

Rocki can you paste the link to check on the site..my laptop not working correctly and wont allow me to enter a search????Thanks

Guest dragsterwish

Relax people.... Its Sunday. Enjoy your weekend.....

haha... i'm just trying VERY HARD not to think of the imminent SMPs..... try hard...try harder...

Archived