South Australia Now Accepting State Sponsorship Applications

George Lombard

The online application interface for South Australia is operating now at Immigration SA :: Sponsoring Skilled and Business Migrants . Important to note that this option is only available to people who can apply for a permanent visa and who have an occupation on the Schedule 3 list, see http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule3.pdf .

Cheers,

George Lombard

The online application interface for South Australia is operating now at Immigration SA :: Sponsoring Skilled and Business Migrants . Important to note that this option is only available to people who can apply for a permanent visa and who have an occupation on the Schedule 3 list, see http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule3.pdf .

Cheers,

George Lombard

All prefrences fore cat 3..........i don know what s that they are already been in process ...no policy realtaed with cat 4.............aus gov earn billion dollers frm now they don wanna think abt us...........

Guest Susan Wareham McGrath

Hi Sona

SA's current list is an interim list only, until its State Migration Plan and State Sponsored Migration List become effective. Also, don't forget that the other states will release their own SMPs, which may well include additional occupations from Schedule 4 - after all, that was the reason the Schedule was drafted.

Regards

Susan

Hi Sona

SA's current list is an interim list only, until its State Migration Plan and State Sponsored Migration List become effective. Also, don't forget that the other states will release their own pans, which may well include additional occupations from Schedule 4 - after all, that was the reason the Schedule was drafted.

Regards

Susan

thnx susan for positive response, i do understand what u mean,bt i already got SA sponsership whichb i applied in nov 2009 under old rules if mt occup. will b not un SA list or will in another state list do i have make a new application under new ielts requirement.its exactly 1 yr today of myPR application.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Any idea when WA will be doing the same??

Is there any indication when (what month or even what year) the new SMP,s will be released.

At this rate we can call them the old SMP once they come out :(

Guest dragsterwish
I hope WA will do doing same soon within 10 to 15 working days.

Haa.... i hope WA will do it by this Friday! 1st Oct 2010! Children's Day! Put a smile on all the children within us!

Cheers!:jiggy:

Haa.... i hope WA will do it by this Friday! 1st Oct 2010! Children's Day! Put a smile on all the children within us!

Cheers!:jiggy:

Well a few weeks back my OH said he had this really strong feeling that "something" significant was going to happen on Sept 30th. Maybe our visa....I said no way....not yet...but is still adamant something is going to happen, so I said maybe the SMP's will be announced LOL! (We are WA SS too)

So if something DOES happen on Thursday I will be totally freaked out by my psychic hubby haha!!!

Guest Bokkiegirl

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what the timeline for 176 SS from SA is? How long does it actually take for them to process the sponsorship visa?

I know WA was between 3-6months if I am correct?

Does anyone know perhaps?

Thanks!

Guest Gollywobbler
SA website used to say 4-6 weeks. They've now withdrawn that - see Timelines on link below are very non-committal:

State sponsorship requirements: South Australia

Hi AustAnglian

Very well spotted!

I suspect that your hunch is correct. If I were SA, I would not be in any hurry to say, "yes" or "no" to any of the new applicants for SS. I suspect that they would say "yes" to anybody involved with the medical profession and that they will probably do that very quickly. The SMPs might well contain unlimited quotas for doctors, nurses, radiographers, sonographers etc. If SA are not seen to grab the applicants in those occupations promptly, well - 6 other States are competing with SA for the attention of those same prospective applicants instead.

The pool of prospective visa applicants in the medical profession is not enormous anyway. If I were a doctor who does not have any particular family reason to feel a "pull" towards Australia, I'd be looking towards the USA instead. The USA offers doctors much more money than Australia does and Dr Moeller has already bitten the Australian Government in the bum. Eventually they granted his family PR in Australia but they sent him to hell and back again before they eventually said "yes."

When Dr Moeller then asked the USA what he could expect from them instead, they told him, "Ultra fast visa processing, no brouhaha about your son and much more money when you get here in any case...." Dr Moeller promptly grabbed the American offer and moved his family to the USA next. He has given the Australian Government its come-uppance and if the Aussie Government has not learned its lesson from that, it will only have itself to blame, it seems to me.

By the same token though, SA might take its time about choosing between applicants offering IT skills, for example. They might do the same with Engineers, too.

I suspect that SA might have hurried to produce an interim list in order to start choosing from amongst prospective visa applicants before those applicants grant the luxury of choosing between them to, say, WA instead.

I get the feeling that the State Governments realise that the street between themselves and prospective visa applicants is a two way street. Evans himself became so arrogant that he thought he could turn everything into a one way street in Australia's favour only instead. I suspect that the State Governments understand human nature much better than he does.

Cheers

Gill

Guest AustrAnglian
The successful applicants of this interim list would then be given Cat 2 priority processing?

No - not yet anyway. This is not approved by DIAC as the SMP for SA so for now it's just SS to gain the additional 10 points needed for a viable 176 application.

Once SA's SMP is approved then the SS's could/should be bumped to Cat 2 but we will all need to see the SMP details and any conditions first.

Guest Phillips family

I am a pre May 14th applicant still waiting for SA SS! Had an e-mail from SA 7 weeks ago saying they would be processing some applications and would take up to 6 weeks. My OH occupation is on the interim list I can't see what the problem is!! I thought that when SA re-opened the SS applications yesterday that maybe they had processed all the applicants who had applied before the close down on May 14th. I have e-mailed SA (not sure if I was right or wrong doing this but went on the advice of someone on PIO) and e-mailed my agent asking if he had any clients in the same boat - but nothing!!

sorry for having a moan - i'm sure my OH prefers me having a moan on here than in his ear!!:rolleyes:

oh well best of luck to those applying for SA SS x:chatterbox:

Guest Phillips family

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!

WELL HAVING HAD A MOAN ON HERE LAST NIGHT - CHECKED THE CLIENT TRACKER THIS MORNING - & OUR STATE SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION IS FINALLY APPROVED!!KIDS THOUGHT I WAS BARMY RUNNING ROUND IN MY DRESSING GOWN SHOUTING YIPPEEE!!

GOOD LUCK TO THOSE AGAIN APPLYING - ONE STEP CLOSER !!

TRUDY X

TRA successful Nov 09.... applied SA SS FEB10....APR 10 declined...Applied again 03/05/10 approved 29/09/10 VISA LODGING TONIGHT WIthout further ado!!

I have mixed feelings. If I get SA SS now I have absolutely no guarentee that (assuming I'm on interim list and it is cat 3) they will upgrade my visa priority to cat 2.

I have impression that instead of progress in clarifying immigration procedures (whether it's states or DIAC) they make things even more complicated. Soon 50% of DIAC employees will be dealing only with upgrading or downgrading + tracking visa priorities instead of proccessing visa applications. This happens when you make the law work backwards (btw, I thought it was illegal)- they wanted to manipulate a bit and adjust immigration to their needs and now it turned against them. I wonder who will have to deal with this mess, as it is growing.

Looks like the States that stopped applications until things become clear did the best thing, SA may be in trouble soon.

Guest Chintu Welfare Work

Hi everyone,

My occupation is in Sch 2 & Sch 4. I on currently on Skilled - Graduate (VC 485) visa. Is there any possibility of State Sponsorship for my diploma in community welfare work occupation. Is there anyone still waiting like me. I have been waiting from last 2 months..

Cheers,

Chintu

I lodged my 485 application in August while I was waiting for my skill assessment. Right after I have successfully obtained a positive skill assessment from ACS, I lodged my 885. (From what I understand, theres nothing wrong with applying for both) I'm still on bridging visa.

I would like to take advantage of Immigration SA sponsorship but now I'm stuck with 885 :(

Does anyone know whether I could withdraw my 885 application (with a refund)?

This is my plan: withdraw 885 (get a refund), re-apply for skill assessment (because my nominated occupation is not on the Interim List but I'm quite certain that I'm qualified for one that is). Then apply for 886

Cheers,

Tom

I lodged my 485 application in August while I was waiting for my skill assessment. Right after I have successfully obtained a positive skill assessment from ACS, I lodged my 885. (From what I understand, theres nothing wrong with applying for both) I'm still on bridging visa.

I would like to take advantage of Immigration SA sponsorship but now I'm stuck with 885 :(

Does anyone know whether I could withdraw my 885 application (with a refund)?

This is my plan: withdraw 885 (get a refund), re-apply for skill assessment (because my nominated occupation is not on the Interim List but I'm quite certain that I'm qualified for one that is). Then apply for 886

Cheers,

Tom

You can withdraw your 885 application but I do not think you will get a refund. I was in a similar situation. I applied for 485 in Feb but then after getting positive skills assessment I applied for 885 in end April. So, I had both my applications lodged. Luckily with the priority changes (July), I fell into cat 3 and with the help of DRC I got 885 in early September. I withdrew my 485 but I was told there would be no refund because it is a lodgement fee and not a processing fee. So, I guess if you withdraw your application, you will not get a refund. Good luck with it.

Hey, thanks for ur reply. hmm I guess Im gonna have to withdraw my 885 without a refund. Priority 2 sounds pretty good to me, but then again the SMP isnt finalised yet ><

Hey, thanks for ur reply. hmm I guess Im gonna have to withdraw my 885 without a refund. Priority 2 sounds pretty good to me, but then again the SMP isnt finalised yet ><

Yeah, its a case of whether to or not. There is a lot of buzz surrounding SMP but its anyone's guess when it comes out. Anyway, whatever you decide, all the best. Since you said you had applied 485 and then 885, I would like to say if you make another application, it has to be within 6 months of your course completion. If you cross that timeframe then you will have to wait for your 485 to be granted before making another application. I guess, you know this but just in case.

Yeah, its a case of whether to or not. There is a lot of buzz surrounding SMP but its anyone's guess when it comes out. Anyway, whatever you decide, all the best. Since you said you had applied 485 and then 885, I would like to say if you make another application, it has to be within 6 months of your course completion. If you cross that timeframe then you will have to wait for your 485 to be granted before making another application. I guess, you know this but just in case.

I spoke to a lady @the immigration office today, she said although I have already applied for 485 and 885 visa, I should still be able to apply for 886. Im gonna give General Skill Migration a call on Monday to double check that.

@timeframe, yeh I should be okay tho. I still have a few months to go :)

Anyways, thanks for the info. Ill see how the SMP goes. shall keep ya posted :wink:

Archived