South Australia Now Accepting State Sponsorship Applications

George Lombard

Update - State Migration Plan VICTORIA

On 8 February 2010, the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) announced that new arrangements would be introduced for state and territory governments to nominate applicants through the state sponsorship program. The new arrangements require state and territory governments to develop a State Migration Plan which identifies occupations and skill sets eligible for sponsorship, supported by labour market evidence.

Due to the federal election, the Victorian Government State Migration Plan will be implemented after 18 October 2010.

Information about the plan and the sponsorship eligibility list will be available on this website when they are complete. Only occupations included on Victoria’s sponsorship eligibility list will be considered for sponsorship.

• 1 month later...
Guest TommyOz

LINK: State sponsorship requirements: South Australia

Planning Levels

Planning levels exist for each occupation.

Once an occupation’s Planning Level has been reached, the occupation will not be available except to on shore applicants who meet additional criteria. Details to be published on this website at a later date.

Applications that have been submitted will not be processed and will be refused if the Planning level has been reached for the Program Year

So the question remains: will SA be accepting on-shore applications again? What do you guys think?

I missed out SA SS because my nominated occupation is not on their list :( Now I am waiting for a new skills assessment.

Archived