APHRA and registration.

hellsbells712

Guest chaddies1

hi

when did you post everything off? iposted it all off in sept, they took my money in oct but still havent been allocated to an officer... annoying!!! chaddies 1

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'm a diploma nurse and had no problems getting my reg in principle was stressful with them asking for all the evidence such as transcripts, leters from school to confirn english ability.Make sure your cv is to their standards and is signed by your line manager. as a diploma nurse you must also provide two professional references and evidence of your cpd ( i just wrote a summery and what certificates i had certified and sent it to them)

i was lucky and had a very good case manager but many people arent that lucky. if you get a job offer send it to ahpra as your application will be prioritised.

Good luck

Thank you so much for the information. Will probably be picking your brains a bit more once I am ready to apply, if that is ok with you ;0).

I am glad to hear that diploma nurses are successfully registering. I was concerned that I would need to do a bridging programme or register as an enrolled nurse x

Guest rachie27
Thank you so much for the information. Will probably be picking your brains a bit more once I am ready to apply, if that is ok with you ;0).

I am glad to hear that diploma nurses are successfully registering. I was concerned that I would need to do a bridging programme or register as an enrolled nurse x

Thats was my concern aswell with the bridging programme. I had a few problems with the stuff they wanted. I don't mind on the questions just pick away when your ready its better to send everything first time as i had to courier over extra docs twice at £40 a pop.

Good luck

i have heard it take a while but if you have all the information they require first time round then it should pass quicker, as above alot of people told me to let AHPRA know if/ when i get offerd a job. i havent looked yet to be honest, i am more focused on getting my ahpra stuff done. it will probably take me another 2-3 weeks to get it all done im guessing. i am degree nurse but i cant see how it will make a difference to be honest. we are hoping to move to pacific pines area when we do move but god knows when that will be. all the best everyone with AHPRA and the move in general.

hi

when did you post everything off? iposted it all off in sept, they took my money in oct but still havent been allocated to an officer... annoying!!! chaddies 1

i am guessing that there is alot of public sector workers looking at australia due to our current treatment by the tories and media. hence AHPRA will probably be very busy.

Guest mandajay

Hi guys,

Registering as a diploma nurse is no different to a degree nurse. There used to be an implication for the points for the visa but they changed that in Aug last year, they are now worth the same.

On the bottom of the eligibility letter it states you should make an appointment through your AHPRA case officer to verify in person your identity.

My application was processed in Melbourne but we are actually moving to Perth. So I e-mailed to ask what I had to do. She said I had to just present to the office on arrival.

And that this had to be done within 1 year of the date on the eligibility letter.

Hope this helps x

Hi Guys, i'm new to this forum, been very interesting ready all the threads, very helpful, thank you.

I just wanted to ask do you have to get your CV signed by your line manager as they don't request this on the form? I assumed they were asking me to sign it to confirm what I have said is true? Also I am assuming it doesn't matter which office you send your app to as long as you get registered you can work in any state?

Thanks Sara :cool:

Guest moldec1999

Hi sara, cv has to be signed by all previous employers ( going back 5 years) and you have to present yourself to the office it was passed in on arrival to Oz so no point getting it done in Sydney if planning on living in Perth! That's what I was told anyway!!

Guest mandajay

I think there is still a lot of variation as to what is acceptible when submitting an application. Whether this is dependent upon individual case officers or by office location, i have no idea.

I can only speak for Melbourne...

1. I sent application to Melbourne but will present to Perth to activate registration

2. I had 15 years of details on CV but only had to get it signed by my current line manager. I had this confirmed by AHPRA as 2 previous managers were off the radar completely and one unit has been demolished!.

However I did provide statements of service from each trust I have worked for which gives dates of employment so theoretically this backs up your CV anyway!

Like I say im not sure about other AHPRA offices but I hope this helps. xx

Manda x

Hi all, I applied in Sydney late November as I am already living here. I started to apply for some jobs once this was done. I have had a few come back to me and said they would love to interview me but without my registration they can't. So I just rang AHPRA and told them this was happening. Seemingly as Sydney had such a backlog they have sent my application to the Queensland office, I have an assessment officer and the inital assessment should take 6-8 weeks from when they received the paperwork which they told me was the 12th December. This is much quicker than my quote of 5 months minimum for Sydney when I hand delivered my application.

They girl I the phone would not confirm I had all the required documentation but suggested everything was there, I hope this is true.

Just thought some of you might be interested to hear that things are moving along in Sydney. Although the Queensland team commented that there is alot of newly qualified nurses to be processed at the moment too.

Catch 22 continues - no registration therefore no job....

Good luck everyone

Hi,

I am preparing all my documents ready for AHPRA and I am wondering how many certificates from work do I need to include?

I have copied all of the past years mandatory training and I have also copied certificates of relevant courses and skills I am competent in. Some course go back to when I qualified nearly 9 years ago, do i need to copy these and send them too?

I understand I need to back up everything I have stated in my CV.

Over the years I have kept up to date with mandatory training but some years I have done more courses and training than others. Will this go against me?

If anyone could let me know what certificates they have included in their application it would be much appreciated.

Thank you x

Guest moldec1999

You only need copies of training etc going back last 5 years unless important course and relevant to your qualification like a certificate or diploma your cv must cover all ur work experience since qualification but concentrated on last 5 years

You only need copies of training etc going back last 5 years unless important course and relevant to your qualification like a certificate or diploma your cv must cover all ur work experience since qualification but concentrated on last 5 years

That's great thank you x

I don't remember including any paperwork about any training certificates, I just included a detailed job reference from my work, a cv type thing and all the other docs requested. Maybe things have changed since I sent the things off in April.

Donna x

I don't remember including any paperwork about any training certificates, I just included a detailed job reference from my work, a cv type thing and all the other docs requested. Maybe things have changed since I sent the things off in April.

Donna x

Did you have to include any documents to back up skills? For eg certificate for iv drug administration or cannulation. Or can these be included on the cv and my manager sign to say I am competent at these

Cheers x

Did you have to include any documents to back up skills? For eg certificate for iv drug administration or cannulation. Or can these be included on the cv and my manager sign to say I am competent at these

Cheers x

I did not include any certificates at all, am sure the reference my manager wrote mentions safe administration of medicines, cannulation, IV drug administration, ECGs, stuff like that, but did not include any certificates.

I am sure when I went through the form it didn't ask for them??!!

Donna x

I did not include any certificates at all, am sure the reference my manager wrote mentions safe administration of medicines, cannulation, IV drug administration, ECGs, stuff like that, but did not include any certificates.

I am sure when I went through the form it didn't ask for them??!!

Donna x

That's great. I was just worried I would be getting my documents certified then once they were received by AHPRA they would turn round and ask for more. I've read so many stories about people's experiences with them x

My experience was really ok. I had to get a more detailed Uni transcript, and I think that was all. I sent my form off to Perth. I did a statutory declaration to say my health was good, and I had no criminal convictions also. That was the part of the application I was confused about, so thought it would do no harm to include.

the local court certified all the docs, and did the statutory decs for free.

Donna x

• 3 weeks later...

Evening all,

well I received my email confirming my registration this evening. I applied in person in Sydney on the 9th December 2011. My form was sent to Brisbane as Sydney has such a backlog. I called yesterday and advised them that I have a job offer but they are going to revoke my offer if my registration is not finalised shortly. The lady looked at my file and said she would pass it to the final assessor and advised I would have a decision by today.

I got a call at lunchtime telling me they were missing my nmc verification and I advised them they had it just in my married name, she looked for it on the system and accepted this straight away.

I waited until 17.08 and my email arrived.

I have nothing but good things to say abouth Ahpra, my application as dealt with really swiftly. Shame I need to re register at the end of may again!!!

Good luck everyone.

Guest mandajay

Sara,

They usually take the cash when they recieve your application. They won't start doing any assessments till you have coughed up the cash!

From posting mine to the cash being taken out of bank was 3 weeks.

Manda x

Hi

it depends which office you are registering with - I know Brisbane had a huge back log (resulting from the floods they had), I registered in Melbourne and took 3 months all told....I was with an agency tho' who kept 'talking' to APRHA - do you have a named case worker? just keep in contact as tro progress of registration - ask if they need any further information - I found that my CV had to be very specific about what I was trained to do - even down to giving drugs etc (i.e. I trained & competent to give them orally, IM, IV, SC etc...) Keep faith it will happen soon, they like UK trained staff here...

Sara,

They usually take the cash when they recieve your application. They won't start doing any assessments till you have coughed up the cash!

From posting mine to the cash being taken out of bank was 3 weeks.

Manda x

Thanks for the info mandajay. Much appreciated.

Sara x

:biggrin:HI, I eventually got my registration through in November, I applied late March. They kept looking for further info that I had sent in but they had created 2 files with my details. The only thing that helps is too keep ringing them to see if they have all the need because that is how we found that i had 2 files. I will never again complain about the nursing board in Ireland.

Archived