APHRA and registration.

hellsbells712

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Taylor72
:arghh::arghh: Yayyyyyy .......

APHRA have taken my money. Does this mean I should get my nursing registraion soon ????

Anyone ?? Anyone ??

x Helen :jiggy:

Nope they just wanted your money :twitcy::twitcy: only pulling your leg Helen hehe couldnt resist x

Annette x

Guest Taylor72
LOL... XX How's u

Hi Helen,

Im getting bored of waiting now :swoon: patience is not my best virtue :laugh:

proud of you matey for telling the folks x

Have you heard from Sharon im going to email her over the week end.

Annette x

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Lindaalice

Hi... I am new to this forum.... believe me, I have been deregistered as an RN in NSW since omitting to pay my regn 31/3/10 and being overseas during the next month....

A spot check by my employer found me not to be regd and asked me to prove so... I guess this would be May 2010... I had paid my regn at the Post Office during April on my return from oseas

Imagine my surprise when my employer could not find me, or any proof of me in Australia!!! I have been an RN working casual by choice since 2003, continually and same place of employment

I contacted AHPRA and was told I was deregd because I failed to pay the ten, yes, 10 dollar fine for sending off my registration late... I did explain I was overseas and had paid on my return, the letter had been sent to house No. 14 and I lived at house No. 47, and I did not receive a demand by phone for the ten dollars, as I was not here (being oseas)

I had no alternative but to re register.... and this has been ongoing since then... I have not worked since that time.... my deduction again, 193 dollars was taken from my Mastercard account 10 September, I have not heard from them.....

It had taken me 12 phone calls or emails to get a reply from them initially... I am told it is in the process... I do not still know if I have been registered again....or if I will be

I have a family, I am a single parent....

It truly is a scam... they say they are busy, they say the computer deleted all my details when the merge took place 1 July.... I have even repaid my registration fee, but still no registration arrives in the mail

What do you think??? I am surely not alone, AHPRA say I am one of many... I am very disillusioned

• 1 year later...
:arghh::arghh: Yayyyyyy .......

APHRA have taken my money. Does this mean I should get my nursing registraion soon ????

Anyone ?? Anyone ??

x Helen :jiggy:

AHPRA took my money at the beginning of august and I only heard back from them 2 days ago (15 weeks later!). So to answer your question....... no :no: They're a nightmare!

hi pamdav

can u give me any advice im about to send mine, once i have my docs certified that is? is there anything you can tell me that i may forget. its so damn complicated!! arggghh!!!

Hi Pinky :wubclub:

I used the checklist on the back of the application form to send as much as i could - copies of my passport, nmc pin, school qualifications (to prove i was taught in english), CV, statement of service from my employer (this should state if you are currently in employment, job description, date of commencement etc) and i organised for the NMC to send them a certificate of good standing. They emailed me a few days ago asking for another copy of my CV as i hadnt signed and dated the last one, a certified copy of my birth certificate and transcripts of my uni training. They seem to be pretty strict so if i were you i would just send a copy of everything. They dont miss a trick!

Guest moldec1999

Hi pinky I've been meaning to write this for a while because I think it will help others! What u need is

Very detailed cv with all work experience since qualifying including and time not working and why!

Originals or notarised copies of your educational transcripts including a detailed breakdown of clinical and theoretical hours as much detail as possible.

References & job descriptions from last 5 years again as much detail as possible . As well as previous employers signatures on ur cv

Proof of id passport , drivers liscence , marriage cert if name different!

Proof of English either on English test or letter from secondary school and nursing school stating you studied and were examined in English ( even if detailed transcripts are in English) copies of educational Certs even if transcripts sent

Money! Bank draft, credit card etc

Application form :)

Keep copies of everything you send

Send by courier quicker and track able until arrival

Think that's it that's what I sent including things they asked for afterwards!!

Hope it helps good luck! Oh and if u have job offer in Oz send that too . You also need a letter of good standing from your current registering body , here they send it direct to Oz do I just sent them a copy of the letter requesting info from my current registering body !

Guest mandajay

I'm with Mol on this one...

Took my cash in August, assigned case manager 2/52.... Now wanting more docs! Absolute nightmare...

And what they ask for is ridiculous!

I truly hope you have a better experience than me.

Mand

Thanks everyone for your replies, what i thought would take matter of days is taking me weeks to get sorted ready to send, cant believe a notary wants £300! to sign 20 docs jeeeesus!!! nearly dropped through floor!

Whats this skills assessment on about with ANMAC???? is this something else i have to pay for?

If so? any more details would be great

I thought there was a shortage of skills so why make it so hard, maybe if uk was like that then not so many of us would want to leave...

:twitcy:

Thanks everyone for your replies, what i thought would take matter of days is taking me weeks to get sorted ready to send, cant believe a notary wants £300! to sign 20 docs jeeeesus!!! nearly dropped through floor!

Whats this skills assessment on about with ANMAC???? is this something else i have to pay for?

I thought there was a shortage of skills so why make it so hard, maybe if uk was like that then not so many of us would want to leave...

£300??? :unsure: Thats obscene! I got mine certified for £30!

Hi, you only need a skills assessment if you are applying for permanent residency x

• 1 month later...
Guest mandajay

Definately try your local court house. They will certify all your docs for around £30. If you do a couple of photocopies before you go, you will get duplicates done for same price!

Plus it's an experience!

I sat there among many strange folk waiting for there fines! One group was a family who had brought a picnic! I kid you not...

Guess they had been there before and were aware of the long waiting times!

Any way give em a ring... see what they see x

manda

Hi, Can I ask if you had your docs certified by a solicitor or a 'notary' - not sure who they are.

Thanks

Hi

Google notary public to find one in your area. Or contact your local court to see what the magistrate is charging. Do your research and get as many quotes as possible. There is no set fee. Some people charge several hundred pounds some a nominal fee - seems to be down to their moral standing! Clarify whether the charge is per person or per document!!!

Hiya,

I had all of my docs signed by a solicitor - £10. I just walked in off the street and asked if someone could sign my things for me.

I sent my application to the Adelaide office (worth bearing in mind that some offices are much busier than others and it doesn't matter which one you choose if you're not worried about saving $10 by registering in NSW) - it took 2 quick phone calls and I had my registration within 5 weeks of them receiving it. Best of luck!

Tracey

Guest robnnic
Hiya,

I had all of my docs signed by a solicitor - £10. I just walked in off the street and asked if someone could sign my things for me.

I sent my application to the Adelaide office (worth bearing in mind that some offices are much busier than others and it doesn't matter which one you choose if you're not worried about saving $10 by registering in NSW) - it took 2 quick phone calls and I had my registration within 5 weeks of them receiving it. Best of luck!

Tracey

Hi Tracey,

I have sent mine to Adelaide and although they have taken money and i have received an email saying they had my application i have heard nothing else. Do you have the number you rang them on and would you be able to PM it me please????

Nic

Guest mandajay

Hi Gordon,

Having just gone the through the most painstaking jobsworth system... Also known as APHRA I have to say that I don't think they accept a policemans signature as certification for your documents.

Ask around but I have feeling they will take your money ten send the lot back saying its not certified according to their requirements.

Be careful and read all the AHPRA posts on here, it will give you loads of advice.

Good luck mate

Mand x