APHRA and registration.

hellsbells712

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest moldec1999

There's loads of them some are solicitors etc but are additionally trained as notary . Some charge for their time others per sheet. Look up online for notaries near you there's usually a choice.

Guest moldec1999

Registrating with AHPRA is a bit of a minefield so ask plenty if questions to get it all right before sending it will save u hassle and money in the long run! I sent my application on 7 th Oct and had my eligibility letter on 22 nd dec!

when you sent your qualifications did you just photocopy the original certificates and get them signed. i have a letter from my work on headded paper and signed by the HR director, my CV is in (does that need signed by the certified person?) photocopy of my passport, copy of my NMC number, all my qualifications, list of inhouse training. think thats it, signed photo

Guest moldec1999

No you must send original cv detailing all your work since qualifying but last 5 years in lots of detail and must be signed by last 5 years employers! I asked mine to sign in different colour pen just to prove it wasn't a copy!!!Copy all documents and all copies must be notarised including copies of Id birth certs originals if possible! English proof- if you haven't done IELTS then a letter from post primary school and nurse training stating you studied and sat exams in English pretty obvious ... What other language do they teach nursing in England and Ireland?? ! Both of these must be notarised unless you send originals. In your cover letter index all contents so if they lose a page they can look at your cover letter and see it was there helps you too! Send by courier only way to be sure it gets there!

Good luck!!!

goodness me. well im qualified 5 years and worked it all in the state hospital carstairs and thats in there. you dont need the elits test now but i will need to contact my university to get original docs that i studied there and from my high school, i guess if i went to 2 universities i will need to get theres notified aswell. this is brill mate. thanks again. are you already over there?

Guest moldec1999

Not there yet hoping to fly first week in feb just waiting for visa! Heading to Melbourne! When u contact uni and high school make sure they not only say ustudied there but that u did in English and were examined in English, obvious I know but AHPRA very black and white!!! Also if u have a job offer include that too its supposed t speed things up?!? Make sure plenty of detail in cv backed up with qualifications! Def go for overkill on the documentation!!!

Here's another silly question about my AHPRA application form. At the end of the CV do you state who your referees are or do you have to provide references and do they also need to be certified?? How many more hoops do you have to jump through??

Also, I contacted AHPRA direct last night (forgot to ask the above question , oops) and they wont accept docs certified by a solicitor it has to be a notary and they will accept transcripts that are sent directly to them from a university (no need for them to be certified if they are sent direct.

Hope that helps someone out there!

Guest moldec1999

At the end of your cv list your referees. Your employers over the last 5 years must provide a statement of service detailing your job description how long you were with them and make sure it matches what you've written in your cv!! Then you still have to get them to sign your cv to make sure what you've written is correct even though you have a statement of service from them!!if only 1 employer I'd include another reference it's easier to include it rather then them looking for it later. I had 3 different employers all located within 80 miles so I rang and asked for reference/ statement of service thenasked them to email it so I could copy what they said into cv then I drive to each of them to collect and sign my Cv!! Another thing do not leave any gap in your work history even if you took a few months off to see the world make sure u include it!! The hoops are plentiful with AHPRA but grin and bear it !! The statements of service must be notarised if not original!

Hope that helps!

there are several justice of the peace in your local court house, thats my advice. i spoke to them today but i forgot 2 or 3 bits of information that needed signed, i have copied 3 of everything because i guess we will need these docs for the visa application as well as the AHPRA application. ps i didnnt ask them if there was charge for them signing them. this might sound daft but i am quite reasured by the amount of work i need to put in to be welcomed into australia which is a dam lot more than you need to come to the UK and claim for every penny

Hi Gordonsmith,

When I requested my uni transcripts the uni would only send them direct to AHPRA - it might be worth checking this so you are not waiting for something that will never arrive. When I contacted AHPRA yesterday direct I was informed that any documentation sent direct to them from organisations (i.e original docs) did not need to be certified by a notary /justice of the peace. Hope this helps

Firstly thanks for all your advice. i shopped around got 35 documents notarised for £75. i was there over an hour. i sent my application a week before xmas n theyve recieved it at perth office and took my money. so its just a waiting game now. i have a pjhone interview on 1oth jan!!! and am applying for my police clearance for the visa.

thanks again

Just wondering how many of you are diploma or degree nurses ??? I am worrying I will have a problem registering as I only have a diploma

I'm diploma trained. A little aside for you to note - once you get the eligibility letter from ahpra they also stipulate a date by which you must attend thier office to action your registration. If your visa isn't through before this date you may have to apply all over again! Not sure what the timeline is for 175 issuing. As you may have noticed on here, it's also a lottery as to how long it takes to get your registration! Can be anything from weeks to months! Guess it has to be an educated guess as to when to begin the process. Good luck.

I'm diploma trained. A little aside for you to note - once you get the eligibility letter from ahpra they also stipulate a date by which you must attend thier office to action your registration. If your visa isn't through before this date you may have to apply all over again! Not sure what the timeline is for 175 issuing. As you may have noticed on here, it's also a lottery as to how long it takes to get your registration! Can be anything from weeks to months! Guess it has to be an educated guess as to when to begin the process. Good luck.

I applied for a 175 in June. I have booked my Medicals for next week as case officer/ visa grants are up to June applicants now. I have been reading a few posts and I am really shocked at how long people are waiting for registration and what a nightmare it has been for them, so that's why I am thinking of getting everything together now as we hope to be in Australia by September x

Guest rachie27
Just wondering how many of you are diploma or degree nurses ??? I am worrying I will have a problem registering as I only have a diploma

i'm a diploma nurse and had no problems getting my reg in principle was stressful with them asking for all the evidence such as transcripts, leters from school to confirn english ability.Make sure your cv is to their standards and is signed by your line manager. as a diploma nurse you must also provide two professional references and evidence of your cpd ( i just wrote a summery and what certificates i had certified and sent it to them)

i was lucky and had a very good case manager but many people arent that lucky. if you get a job offer send it to ahpra as your application will be prioritised.

Good luck

Guest LARRY85

Ahpra is a nightmare. I got mine after a year of waiting.its absolutely crazy, i think it might b better if you keep calling your case worker. Dont give him or her any breathing space. Took my money in 2010 only got my reg just last october.

Archived