London Expo in Sept - any news???

Jobo

Hi

I dont normally post, im more of a lurker, but thought id share the info we got at the expo. I spoke with a helpful lady on the WA Government stand regarding the SMP. I asked her as we were an off-list nomination what are the chances of being on the SMP? She said WA were hoping to honor all existing sponsors for the SMP including off-list. They have put this forward to the immi dept and are fairly confident this will happen. (fingers crossed!) She said their SMP will be in place in the next 2-3 weeks.

I also spoke to a man on the immi stand regarding processing times. In their presentation they quoted cat 3 as being 18 months. I asked him how likely this is (as i know there are plenty of people on here waiting longer than 18 months). He said all cat 3 should be processed within 18 months and seemed a little surprised we didnt have a case officer. He advised me to lodge a PLE pointing out we are on the SOL, incase our application gets missed. He had advised alot of people to do the same and hes sure DIAC will thank him for the huge amount of PLE'S coming their way.

Could you please tell me what a PLE is.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Melbourne Girl, my hubby left his CV with them so we will see if they come back to us on that. It's just not ideal being away from home. I think the thought of going out there not knowing anyone and then my hubby being away alot makes me feel quite lonely. It's something we could consider but just not ideal that's all. :skeptical:

I understand your concerns about being lonely when you're new to a place. I'll send you a PM.

Hi All,

adding to what i posted about my husband going to the expo here is some more info that hubby passed on to me

It was worth while for him to go ,to get a feel for what is happening and to see what certain companies want in his trades , there were a few companies who were interested .

Rio tinto was the one who was very interested his trade ( electrician special class ) they are in the uk till thursday doing interviews . They took his cv and also asked him to register his CV online with them too ( hopefully we will hear from them fingers crossed )

Kentz : left Cv with them ( but they didn't quite seem to grasp what my hubbies trade is ( they got completely confused because he is a electrician tech weapons engineer lol .

WA Minerals will contact him soon thats all they said but were interested .

He registered with WA government they wanted to know what his trade was and interests were, He said they were alot of help more than the other states .

He also talked to Hayes even though they didn't want his trade , they took a CV because he did say to them he knows they advertise his trade now and again.

It does look like the employer sponsor is the way to go they said it would possibly take 6-7months ?

:wubclub:

Archived