Cerberus1

[WRAP]http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af245/rob_williams_photo/phil.jpg[/WRAP]Property guru Phil Spencer from C4’s ‘Location Location Location’ is taking his property finding and negotiating skills along with a large dose of English charm, down under. He’s heading to the other side of the world to help emigrating Brits find their perfect home in Australia.

In each episode, Phil will be helping one British couple navigate their way through the Australian property system. Phil will help find, survey and negotiate the deal on their dream pad. From harbour-side homes in Sydney and Beach pads in Byron Bay to Ranches in the Outback and Retreats in the Rainforest, no property search is too daunting for Phil.

For the return of this exciting series we are on the hunt for people who are looking to emigrate to Australia before the end of 2010. They must be available and able to buy in November/December 2010. They must have secured approval from the FIRB (Foreign Investment Review Board) without which they can’t buy property in Australia. If they’ve got the papers and they would like the help of a dedicated team who will assist them find the house of their dreams all they have to do is follow this link http://www.meontv.co.uk/PhilDownUnder and fill in the application form.

Guest MICHAEL POOLE

i would be elidgeble if i could only sell my house in england i wonder if phil could help me out here, ha

This show was better than Wanted Down Under. No offense to anyone who likes it (or anyone here who was on it) but it just got worse and worse the last few series and I hope it's not broadcast in Oz!! Cos even if it is I won't bother watching it anymore after the last time!!! :arghh:

Guest GMERIN53

Wow ! :jiggy:

We have just been contacted by the show but unfortunately are much further away from our visa than originally anticipated ! :sad:

No surprise there I hear you all say !

Any way, I cant be the only one who thinks that this is an amazing opportunity for those of you who are already going or planning to go by the end of the year.

Get that application form filled in a take a chance on what could be an extra ordinary experience and your 5minutes of TV fame !

If you are keen, drop me a PM as I have a contact number for the show and you could be Jetting off to you new life with the help of Mr Phil ! :biggrin:

I got left a message last night, gutted, as we're 4 months back in the UK now. I reckon it will be a hard task, though, with prices having plummeted here & going through the roof there. Part of our reason to come back was because we could get so much more for our money here, although we haven't as we still have the house we bought 5 years ago & we couldn't sell it for what we bought it for. Ironic, as a good 5 years ago that was one of the main attractions: more house for your money. Oh well, let's hope both economies improve so that I have a better chance of getting a job & getting back out there again!!

Good luck anyone who does it, we didn't get to watch the first series as we were in Sydney, but having Phil's input would be SOOOOO helpful.

We were interviewed on Thursday, we appled for the show in 2008, they think the timing will be ideal as my husband will arrive mid Sept and I and my son will be arriving mid Oct and as they say they are looking to film Nov/Dec, we were told we have to have a 'in principal mortgage offer' though we wont be able to get that until we get to oz?

We are really excited but got to get through the stress of packing and getting there first lol

Claire x

Well done on getting an interview - yeah, the 'in principal' mortgage offer isnt that easy to get whilst not in Australia. We were told that you normally need to be out of any probationary period at work (3months) and have 3months payslips. Although it seems to be easier, the larger the deposit. Some banks require the deposit to have been in an account for a few months too.

Oh well, nothing much you can do about that til you're actually over there, so well done and good luck with the move. Look forward to seeing if you get picked. They're hoping to have people signed up in the next few weeks ideally.

Oh, remember your house sale fell through, did you decide to rent it out or did it go in the end?

Shaz

Guest johnweir

[WRAP]http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af245/rob_williams_photo/downunderlive.jpg[/WRAP]Hi all (thanks Robert & co for letting me post)

I know a lot of you are interested in the Relocation:Phil Down Under show and many members have applied to appear on the show.

We've got the production team and a crew attending our Down Under Live expo on the 18th & 19th September at the Business Design Centre in Islington to look for people to take part in series 2 of this popular television programme.

To qualify, candidates must be looking to emigrate to Australia before the end of 2010 or have already made the move and now need help with searching for a property. They must be available and able to buy in November/December 2010.

If you are interested in taking part in the programme , then come along to the Business Design Centre in Islington on the 18th & 19th September 2010. Tickets cost from just £10 in advance or £15 on the door.

Have a look at the website - Down Under Live - the UK's number one event for Australia and New Zealand - Home - for more info

Cheers

Guest SiobhanSmith

Hi just a message to let anyone interested know that we are still looking for people! If yo are interested please follow the link to the application form of contactme directly on siobhan.smith@iwcmedia.co.uk.

Please spread the word to any friends or family who may be interested! There is some great help on offer!

Guest juliemtaylor
We were interviewed on Thursday, we appled for the show in 2008, they think the timing will be ideal as my husband will arrive mid Sept and I and my son will be arriving mid Oct and as they say they are looking to film Nov/Dec, we were told we have to have a 'in principal mortgage offer' though we wont be able to get that until we get to oz?

We are really excited but got to get through the stress of packing and getting there first lol

Claire x

Claire, are you still coming to Mornington?? Hope so, will be interesting to hear of you get through.. We are hoping to buy here by April.

Julie x

• 1 month later...
Well, just applied!! It says that the application process can take anything up to 2 months, so let's see if we get a response.

Shaz

Shaz

how did you get on with yr application for relocation relocation down under

we applied as well spent a lot of time talking with victoria from the production team but have been informed that the seniors have decided we have been here to long . we have beeen here 2.5 yrs now have perm residencey and have finances to buy never mind it was good to dream of sharing a tinney or two with phil :biglaugh:

Shaz

we applied as well spent a lot of time talking with victoria from the production team but have been informed that the seniors have decided we have been here to long . we have beeen here 2.5 yrs now have perm residencey and have finances to buy never mind it was good to dream of sharing a tinney or two with phil :biglaugh:

What a shame, I would have thought that it would have been good to have stories from people at different stages of moving over. Maybe they think you're not English enough anymore!!!

Good luck with your house buying.

Shaz

Hi Nurse Sue,

Our application went down very well, and we progressed to the stage that they seemed extremely keen to use us. Unfortunately, our house here hasnt sold, so we couldnt commit to going over. They've kept in touch, and ask how we're getting on every so often, but still no sale.

Shame that you are in the position to buy and they dont want to use you. Seems crazy. I got the impression they were finding it hard to get folk, as they'd advertised on here so many times, but perhaps by now they have their people as filming is to start this month.

Shaz

Hi Nurse Sue,

Our application went down very well, and we progressed to the stage that they seemed extremely keen to use us. Unfortunately, our house here hasnt sold, so we couldnt commit to going over. They've kept in touch, and ask how we're getting on every so often, but still no sale.

Shame that you are in the position to buy and they dont want to use you. Seems crazy. I got the impression they were finding it hard to get folk, as they'd advertised on here so many times, but perhaps by now they have their people as filming is to start this month.

Shaz

Hi Shaz

Am sorrry that the house is causing problems will keep fingers crossed that it does sell soon and then wont be long before you are here having a BBQ and a few drinks with us keep me posted and you know where I am if need anything doing this end xxx

Archived