Other Family visas: Cutbacks and Delays

It depends on what country you lodge in. We lodged forms in Seoul. Lodged 7 June 2010, queue dat 13 October 2010. After 2 years of learning the system, this was very good. India takes some 2 years from lodgement to queue these days.

Thanks kyuhee for the info.

Edited by OhDIAC

Guys,

I have a small doubt while filling the online visa application for 190

It is asking for NON MIGRATING DEPENDANT FAMILY MEMBERS.

In that column, do i need to provide details of my dad,mom and bro?

I thought to tick it as NO.

since, they are not dependant on me, they have their own sources to survive.

I dont want to make my application messy by adding all those details and get medicals done to them etc etc.

Please need your suggestions asap

BTW

I got my ITA yesterday for WA SS through DIAC

Hey sleepywombat

Did they require you on paper to make AoS appointment as well? If yes, congratulations you are on final process. Otherwise they just ask you to do medical and police checks for queue line only, like lazyboy1987 case in last couple of months.

Hey naseefoz

We are just about 835 or 115. I don't have much information about your case to share around specifically. You should see Migrant Agent for more advance advices

Cheers

Dan

Hey sleepywombat

Did they require you on paper to make AoS appointment as well? If yes, congratulations you are on final process. Otherwise they just ask you to do medical and police checks for queue line only, like lazyboy1987 case in last couple of months.

Nah, sleepywombat already has a queue date, he/she is just being asked to update it again as they probably expired during this long wait. In my case, I took my medicals and police clearance and sent it to them as they were taking a really long time to give me a case officer.

My queue date is July 2011, so hopefully I don't have to wait for more than a year or so.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, it seems like the DIAC has picked up a bit on 115 visa assessment. The new update is on http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/other-family-visa-queue.htm Applications for Remaining Relative or Aged Dependent Relative visas with a queue date up to 28 February 2011 are now being considered for final processing.

Further information for applications that have a queue date from 1 March 2011 will be published if any further releases occur during the 2012-13 year.

It is currently estimated that lodged Remaining Relative and Aged Dependent Relative visa applications, that have not yet been assessed and queued, are likely to take up to 15 years to be released for final processing (calculated from15 November 2012).

• 4 weeks later...

Latest update from IMMI:

Applications for Remaining Relative or Aged Dependent Relative visas with a queue date up to 30 June 2011 are now being considered for final processing.

Further information for applications that have a queue date from 1 July 2011 will be published if any further releases occur during the 2012-13 year.

Happy New Year everyone! My queue date is in July and as they say "So close yet so far"

• 3 weeks later...

hi

Came to Australia on tourist visa. nov 2009

Just before that expired I I submitted an on shore last remaing relative visa mid january 2010. april 2012 was assigned a queue number.

November 2012 asked for final docos- medicaheck( which I had to do again since the last one expird after a year), polie report, assurance of support etc

DIAC asked for the fee a week ago

Today i got the letter

It seems there is no real order to this course of events at all. Every bodys experience is different. Sure it takes longer for LLR.But they quietly release people from the queue in the mean time. It is all about shifting the numebrs around....

I am so thankfull to be here. I can apply for naturalisation and passport in an year.

Good luck all of you...

BTW my father is Australian citizen, mum PR, sister( my only sibling) australian and her husband and kids are australian too,

ASlso my father has been on a extended 7 month holiday and has just got back. he is normally resident here. I was worried about it but they didnt ask.

Latest update from IMMI:

Happy New Year everyone! My queue date is in July and as they say "So close yet so far"

Do you guy thinks that probably the queue gets moved much quickly than they said?

On 9/12/2012 velasco quoted "queue date up to 28 February 2011 are now being considered for final processing"

On 2/1/2013, lazybones1987 update "queue date up to 30 June 2011 are now being considered for final processing"

So within 1 month, number of papers seems to be jumped up quickly, at least more than I expected. Is that probably due to less and less people want to apply for this visa (or increase in number of withdrawn visas)? Hope that we can see any kind of hope here...

hi

I got my queue date in April 2012. yes 2012.

got my visa last week.

I have been following peoples procedure from the time of submission to the grant date on this forum for the last few years. Just as I think I come up with some pattern, then some one else's experince seem to contradict it. When i got y queue date i got a letter saying it may take 12 years to process. But then i got my visa early 2013.

I seem to think there is no order to it at all. It depends on the case officer and where your papers are sitting.......

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I'm a little bit confused with my application, I applied onshore 1/11/11 didn't hear anything from immigration until I received an email on 8/2/13 asking for police checks and medical/xray. Is this standard procedure as I haven't been issued a CO or queue date yet.

When I gave in the application in jan 2010 I gave police and health check thinking it may speed up. Smart Alec me. They didn't ask. But then since it took few years to process it was deemed well passed the one year limit for its validity. They officially asked me the police and health check in November 2012 only At the very end of the process along with assurance of support etc.

hope that makes sense

Hi guys

I think stokenewington's case is much similar with mine when I gave them the police and health checks at the beginning in my application. That's why my case would speed up more than. Since about a year when getting a visa, time flies so fast. But would like to share my timeline again for anyone regards:

- Application date: 5/3/2010 ( with police and health checks without their request)

-Queue date: 7/4/2010

-CO assigned for final review (police and health checks in second time, AoS): 13/4/2012

-Visa granted: 18/5/2012

- Waiting period: 2 years

Cheers

Dan

Thanks for the info Dan & stokenewington.

I got queue-date number as soon as gave health and police check.

well, I have to give health and police check again when CO will be assigned for final review?

I'm confusing. If I have to wait for a long time until CO will be assigned.

Hey coolio

I say YES if you are applying onshore as us!! Because the validity of medical and police checks is just a year. More than that, you have to re-do again. Normally, it comes back when a CO is assigned to your case for final review. So, the first check is just only for allocating the queue day. Details on IMMI website:

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/other-family-visa-queue.htm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remaining Relative and Aged Dependent Relative visa applicants

Applications for Remaining Relative or Aged Dependent Relative visas with a queue date up to 30 June 2011 are now being considered for final processing.

Further information for applications that have a queue date from 1 July 2011 will be published if any further releases occur during the 2012-13 year.

It is currently estimated that lodged Remaining Relative and Aged Dependent Relative visa applications, that have not yet been assessed, are likely to take up to 14 years to be released for final processing (calculated from 30 November 2012).

[h=2]Applications lodged in and outside Australia[/h] If you lodge an application for an Other Family visa in Australia you will need to meet health and character requirements for the visa before you are placed in the visa queue.

If you lodge an application for an Other Family visa outside Australia you will not need to meet health and character requirements before you are given a queue date. However, health and character checks must be successfully completed before an Other Family visa can be granted.