Other Family visas: Cutbacks and Delays

So sorry to hear that lazybones 1987. Its difficult to stay postitive when the goalposts keep moving but lets hope some good news is around the corner. Is there no other options for you in the short term?

I legally cannot get married to her (having applied for a LRR). I can't see any option that would allow me to go back and get married. I have got all my immediate family members here. I have just started my career here. Had that not been the case, I wouldn't have cared a dime about the LRR and gone back to her. I can't ask her to put her life on hold for me any longer. We spoke over the phone today and decided that it was best for us to end things.

I still remember the day I applied for this LRR visa. I had a look at the website every day and it said that the waiting time for this visa was 6-9 months. Every lawyer that I talked to said the same thing. I felt happy. I started dreaming of a life here with her.

I probably misheard and misread everything. The way it's going, I'm not even confident of getting it in 69 months.

• 3 weeks later...

You are not the only one in this very difficult situatution, lazzybones.

You were born in 1987, I guess? I'm even older than you (only 1 year but still older right lol) 1986. Don't be so upset. Think this way: guys seem more manly, more powerful when time get past; but girls are totally different. The older we are, the less likely we can find a boyfrend and get married. Awwww, I need to wait for 10+ years, and I'm a girl. hix, I hate Aus now. SO MUCH!

Anyway, I feel sorry for you, and for all of us who are applying for 115.

I legally cannot get married to her (having applied for a LRR). I can't see any option that would allow me to go back and get married. I have got all my immediate family members here. I have just started my career here. Had that not been the case, I wouldn't have cared a dime about the LRR and gone back to her. I can't ask her to put her life on hold for me any longer. We spoke over the phone today and decided that it was best for us to end things.

I still remember the day I applied for this LRR visa. I had a look at the website every day and it said that the waiting time for this visa was 6-9 months. Every lawyer that I talked to said the same thing. I felt happy. I started dreaming of a life here with her.

I probably misheard and misread everything. The way it's going, I'm not even confident of getting it in 69 months.

Can I ask what your career is? and where you're living?

Personally, a career isn't worth losing the love of your life. Go be with her, then figure out a skilled route to get into Australia (even if it involves retraining), rather than postponing the next ten years of your life waiting for a visa.

• 3 months later...
Guest videoland

Never ending story, what a bureaucracy in China they have more reliable system. Bad news I feel sad to show you first!

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/other-family-visa-queue.htm

Remaining Relative and Aged Dependent Relative visa applicants

Applications for Remaining Relative or Aged Dependent Relative visas with a queue date up to 31 December 2009 have been released from the queue for final processing. No further releases are expected in the current financial year.

Further information for applications which have a queue date from 1 January 2010 will be published once migration numbers are set for the 2012-13 year.

Based on current planning levels and demand, it is estimated that applicants with Remaining Relative or Aged Dependent Relative visa applications lodged before

1 January 2012, that have not yet been assessed and queued, are likely to wait up to 12 years for finalisation of their visa application (from 1 January 2012).

I would be interested to see the new estimated processesing times after the numbers for 2012-2013 numbers have been agreed. I have a queue date of July 2010 so may be nearer than first thought.

Never ending story, what a bureaucracy in China they have more reliable system. Bad news I feel sad to show you first!

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/other-family-visa-queue.htm

Remaining Relative and Aged Dependent Relative visa applicants

Applications for Remaining Relative or Aged Dependent Relative visas with a queue date up to 31 December 2009 have been released from the queue for final processing. No further releases are expected in the current financial year.

Further information for applications which have a queue date from 1 January 2010 will be published once migration numbers are set for the 2012-13 year.

Based on current planning levels and demand, it is estimated that applicants with Remaining Relative or Aged Dependent Relative visa applications lodged before

1 January 2012, that have not yet been assessed and queued, are likely to wait up to 12 years for finalisation of their visa application (from 1 January 2012).

Guest BMJ11
I would be interested to see the new estimated processesing times after the numbers for 2012-2013 numbers have been agreed. I have a queue date of July 2010 so may be nearer than first thought.

Me too derrick34, am I right in saying the migration numbers for 2012/13 are released in July? My queue date is December 2010 so praying for an increase!!

Me too derrick34, am I right in saying the migration numbers for 2012/13 are released in July? My queue date is December 2010 so praying for an increase!!

Last year the numbers were released onto the immigration website around the middle of May. Here's hoping thats the case & I agree am keeping my fingers crossed for an increase in numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all,

My LRR offshore 115 was submited in April 2011 so the waiting time is extremely long.

What if I apply for Student Visa now, then LRR Onshore? Can it be imposed No Further Stay condition as DIAC has realized that I am waiting for 115?

Or apply Student Visa --> Skilled-Graduate visa (even Student visa with No further stay still eligible - I heard that????)

What do you guys think? And have you known anyone who sucessfully switched from LRR Offshore to Onshore?

Many thanks.

OMG, I just read through some other forums, and they said that LRR Onshore 835 --> Need to keep a Bridging visa for 10yrs, and even though I can stay in Aus with my family, I am NOT ALLOWED TO WORK during those 10 yrs waiting???

Edited by day09

Dear all,

My LRR offshore 115 was submited in April 2011 so the waiting time is extremely long.

What if I apply for Student Visa now, then LRR Onshore? Can it be imposed No Further Stay condition as DIAC has realized that I am waiting for 115?

Or apply Student Visa --> Skilled-Graduate visa (even Student visa with No further stay still eligible - I heard that????)

What do you guys think? And have you known anyone who sucessfully switched from LRR Offshore to Onshore?

Many thanks.

OMG, I just read through some other forums, and they said that LRR Onshore 835 --> Need to keep a Bridging visa for 10yrs, and even though I can stay in Aus with my family, I am NOT ALLOWED TO WORK during those 10 yrs waiting???

You have other options. May I suggest you consult a registered migration agent?

Dear all,

Many thanks.

Hi Day09

You can work.. read back through this thread & posts will tell you. I am here on this visa and all I had to do was fill in a 'hardship' form when I applied for the Bridging Visa. Was easy :)

HTH

Cx

• 3 weeks later...
Guest videoland

Hello all,

Just checking if someone receive a call or email with a queue date before 31 Dec 2009? Please share so we can see if there is progress!

Thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, Just found this on another post. Our Visa class has increased by 35 (yes 35) places for the year 2012/2013. Here's hoping that this is our year.

FAMILY STREAM

• The family stream has increased by 1585 places over 2011-12 (2.7 per

cent) to 60 185 places.

• It is comprised of:

o 46 325 places in the partner category (compared with 45 400 in 2011-12)

o 3850 places in the child category (compared with 3450 in 2011-12)

o 1285 places in the other family category (compared with 1250 in 2011-12) and

o 8725 parent category places, of which:

▪ 6575 are for contributory parent migrants (compared to 6500 in 2011-12)

▪ 2150 are for non-contributory parent migrants (compared to 2 000 in 2011-12).

Hi all, Just found this on another post. Our Visa class has increased by 35 (yes 35) places for the year 2012/2013. Here's hoping that this is our year.

FAMILY STREAM

• The family stream has increased by 1585 places over 2011-12 (2.7 per

cent) to 60 185 places.

• It is comprised of:

o 46 325 places in the partner category (compared with 45 400 in 2011-12)

o 3850 places in the child category (compared with 3450 in 2011-12)

o 1285 places in the other family category (compared with 1250 in 2011-12) and

o 8725 parent category places, of which:

▪ 6575 are for contributory parent migrants (compared to 6500 in 2011-12)

▪ 2150 are for non-contributory parent migrants (compared to 2 000 in 2011-12).

Thanks for the info perthbound. Any idea how many places are allocated to the "Remaining Relative" category from the 1285 places?

I came across this in the immi site (it has been there for some time now)

Applications for Remaining Relative or Aged Dependent Relative visas with a queue date up to 31 December 2009 have been released from the queue for final processing.

Does this mean all applications lodged in 2009 have been granted visas?

is it here but not with breakdown, lets hope that they will not move all numbers to career visas instead of remaining relative:

http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/media/cb/2012/cb186408.htm

cheers

When it is "officially" announced, it will be put here: http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/statistical-info/visa-grants/migrant.htm

Also, this blog can be very useful: http://migrationblog.immi.gov.au/2012/05/07/how-the-size-and-structure-of-the-permanent-migration-program-is-determined/

is it here but not with breakdown, lets hope that they will not move all numbers to career visas instead of remaining relative:

http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/media/cb/2012/cb186408.htm

cheers

Thats how I read it (ie that all remaining relative visa carers and non-carers had been released). Any new allocation for 12-13 would be allocated to those visas with a queue date of 2010 onwards.

Would love to know if this is indeed the case!

Hello

I submitted a on shore last remaing relative visa mid january 2010. Just last month( april 2012) I was assigned a queue number. I just checked DIAC website and it says for those who have been assigned a queue number since jan 2012 , it could take upto 12 years from the date the queue number was assigned. I am gutted. Has anybody have had expereicens with htis visa recently.

In the past ( before) 2009 it took on average 8 months for off shore and upto 2 years for onshore.

What are my other options?

my father is Australian citizen, mum PR, sister( my only sibling) australian and her husband and kids are australian too,

ASlso my father has been on a extended 7 month holiday and has just got back. he is normally resident here. will this have any implications.

Thanks

Hi,

Sorry to hear that. What does assigned a queue mean? Does it mean that your application was acknowledged? My sister applied in July 2011 and got an acknowledgement in a couple of hours saying that she would get a case officer within 3 months. Does this mean she is assigned to a queue or is it when she gets a CO?

hi

Just a delaying tactic. i had a case officer a while back but then had to wait to get on a queue. then they wrote to say that they dont have my sisters bitrth certificate copy. so i sent it again. then got a queue number. also from now on they consider time to process from the time one gets the queue number not the date of application. maybe your sister might be luckier to get the queue number soon.

Anybody go a queue number recently? if so how long was it before they got it from the time of application

Hi,

Sorry to hear that. What does assigned a queue mean? Does it mean that your application was acknowledged? My sister applied in July 2011 and got an acknowledgement in a couple of hours saying that she would get a case officer within 3 months. Does this mean she is assigned to a queue or is it when she gets a CO?