Any nurse here or in uk awaiting AHPRA registration? I applied with QNC...

Guest annieross

Finally got through to APHRA and they have received my application.....Thank god. Was beginning to wonder what part of the world my application was stuck in. Although its not been processed yet, they do have it in the system.

She couldn't give me any idea of when it will be processed, although no great urgency until SMP's are announced as it seems 176 visas are taking time, but hopefully nurses are on QLD SMP ?????? Only time will tell.

x

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Taylor72
Finally got through to APHRA and they have received my application.....Thank god. Was beginning to wonder what part of the world my application was stuck in. Although its not been processed yet, they do have it in the system.

She couldn't give me any idea of when it will be processed, although no great urgency until SMP's are announced as it seems 176 visas are taking time, but hopefully nurses are on QLD SMP ?????? Only time will tell.

x

Dont worry the very nice man ive talked to in QLD state sponsorship has assured me nurses need not worry . And i have warned him if hes given me duff info i will haunt him forever hehe x

Annette

Guest FAMILYSTONE

Received a letter from AHPRA this morning as promised by the case manager. It is a NMBWA application form. I am instructed to complete all sections including the Indemnity part plus send 'Verification of ID'. I think that means Passport main page, Birth and Marriage Certs (All Certified). Will clarify.

Hopefully should be registered by the end of September

Guest lesleyawalsh
Talked to AHPRA yesterday (Queensland) They said that they haven't started with overseas applications yet!

:arghh:

mmmm I spoke to AHPRA in Melbourne last week who stated that they had started:confused: processing overseas applications

Hi Everyone,

I finally got through to APHRA today and spoke to someone regarding my application which I sent at beginning of Aug. They said it could take upto 90 days to complete once application is being processed.

After looking at their website and checking required information again I've realised my documents were not singed and certified by the appropriate person. I got a police officer to sign them all for me and have just realised after close reading that a police officer is not suitable.

My job is supposed to commence on 4th Oct , feeling very frustrated and just needed to share that with everyone.

Joanne

Hi Everyone,

I finally got through to APHRA today and spoke to someone regarding my application which I sent at beginning of Aug. They said it could take upto 90 days to complete once application is being processed.

After looking at their website and checking required information again I've realised my documents were not singed and certified by the appropriate person. I got a police officer to sign them all for me and have just realised after close reading that a police officer is not suitable.

My job is supposed to commence on 4th Oct , feeling very frustrated and just needed to share that with everyone.

Joanne

Sorry to hear of your anxiety Joanne, I hope you have an employer who is reasonable and understanding. I'm just sorting out getting my documents certified. I have a job in Melbourne, I will start when all my registration and visa documents come through.

AHPRA sucks....

I wish you well.

Nessie :wink:

Guest annieross

hey all,

i think things might finally be moving. the QNU emailed me today to tell me that my application is now being processed and they will have more news for me tomorrow. there is also a framework for the assessment of overseas nurses now up on AHPRAs website. hoping everything gets sorted for ALL of us very soon. xxxx

hey all,

i think things might finally be moving. the QNU emailed me today to tell me that my application is now being processed and they will have more news for me tomorrow. there is also a framework for the assessment of overseas nurses now up on AHPRAs website. hoping everything gets sorted for ALL of us very soon. xxxx

Hi

Thought I'd put the link up. To navigate around their website is a journey in itself.

Fingers crossed indeed!

AHPRA - Internationally Qualified Nurses and Midwives

Guest SunshineSmile
hey all,

Well done Annie for all your hard work in putting the pressure on AHPRA..

I have no doubt that without that pressure then we would all be no further on :notworthy:

Hi everyone,

Thanks Nessie for the kind support.

After checking through my pile of AHPRA information sheets I found that the certifying documentation fact sheet I had initially printed off from the website is very different to the one they now have on their website.

The original fact sheet states that a JP registered outside australia is not accepted to certify documents and on the new fact sheet it clearly states they can.

AHPRA totally sucks

Joanne:arghh:

Guest BrainSurgeon

CDB - Da Man! Thanks so much for these contact numbers. Absolutely essential for getting a response from these offices.

BTW, I wonder if you have a contact no. for Martin Fletcher or Peter Allen? I have emailed stuff to Martin via Lisa (state manager for Tasmania) and would like to f/up by phone. Cheers, Dr D

Guest annieross

hi guys,

i had a call from jenny short, nurse reg manager for ald yesterday and i should be registered by early next week! they just needed a copy of my visa as a new requirement of registration is your visa. so i sent that next day delivery and now i wait!

so they have started! and i think they'll be doing the people who applied with the old state boards first and then the actual AHPRA applications chronologically. dont wait for them to contact you though, they need a few more things than before, namely:

visa

bit more id: passport and driver's licence, and if youre in oz medicare card helps.

trancript (wasnt needed under old system if you trained in uk)

CV

Good Luck everyone xxx

hi guys,

i had a call from jenny short, nurse reg manager for ald yesterday and i should be registered by early next week! they just needed a copy of my visa as a new requirement of registration is your visa. so i sent that next day delivery and now i wait!

so they have started! and i think they'll be doing the people who applied with the old state boards first and then the actual AHPRA applications chronologically. dont wait for them to contact you though, they need a few more things than before, namely:

visa

bit more id: passport and driver's licence, and if youre in oz medicare card helps.

CV

Good Luck everyone xxx

Hi annieross,

Thank you very much for the info!:v_SPIN: I just have a question, What about the Professional Indemnity Insurance?(because it wasn't needed either under the old system) what do you know about it?

Thanks,

Isabel

Guest annieross

If you have union membership with QNU you are automatically covered. i think its up to the individual to sort it out and then they randomly audit people. i dont think they'll ask for it before registration as lots of overseas nurses apply before they arrive in oz but they could...they know im registered with the union so im not sure.

What about the Professional Indemnity Insurance?(because it wasn't needed either under the old system) what do you know about it?

Just to be on a safe side and avoid any further delays, I would suggest you to include a statutory declaration attested by JP stating that you will arrange for your PII before you start practicing.

hi guys,

visa

CV

Good Luck everyone xxx

Well done Annie, great news!

What visa are you on? I'm going on a 457 visa but didn't think I could apply for that until my registration came through. Confused.com

Cheers

Guest Shane&Lynn
hi guys,

visa

CV

Good Luck everyone xxx

I honestly don't think one hand knows what the other is doing over there. The ineptitude beggars belief. Lynn phoned the Brisbane office again last night and spoke to one of the assessors. she was told that they had just come out of a meeting and were not processing any overseas applications as they still did not have any guidelines to assess them against. If it is now on the APHRA website surely the staff have these guidelines and have an idea what to do, but "no, in the meeting ....." Absolute B*!!@+$s.

just venting...

feel better now

Just going to keep phoning and pestering them until they get so sick of us that they do our registration just to get rid of us:biggrin:

I honestly don't think one hand knows what the other is doing over there. The ineptitude beggars belief. Lynn phoned the Brisbane office again last night and spoke to one of the assessors. she was told that they had just come out of a meeting and were not processing any overseas applications as they still did not have any guidelines to assess them against. If it is now on the APHRA website surely the staff have these guidelines and have an idea what to do, but "no, in the meeting ....." Absolute B*!!@+$s.

just venting...

feel better now

Just going to keep phoning and pestering them until they get so sick of us that they do our registration just to get rid of us:biggrin:

Hopefully a bit of pressure from the nurses union out there might help or even contacting the health minister for that particular state might get those useless prats in AHPRA sorted out...

Nessie :biggrin:

Guest annieross

thats exactly what the union in qld has been doing. they met with the health minister on wednesday. i definately think the ball is now rolling. they are just endeavouring to process overseas applications lodged initally with the old state boards first.

Guest annieross

hi guys,

just wanted to let you know i am finally registered! so ahpra are definately processing overseas applications! good luck to you all. i start work tomorrow, getting nervous now after waiting so long to start!

congratulation !

I went to the ahpra office and they told me that they didn't have the criteria yet, only a draft. With what you just told us, I think I can say that the girl didn't really know what she was talking about !

hi guys,

just wanted to let you know i am finally registered! so ahpra are definately processing overseas applications! good luck to you all. i start work tomorrow, getting nervous now after waiting so long to start!

Congratulations!:v_SPIN:

I spoke to AHPRA this morning at 9am and was told that they had the guidelines for registering overseas Nurses but they were waiting for the guidelines on how to use them!!! Have you ever heard anything like it.

I wasn't impressed and certainly conveyed that and then all of a sudden at about 2pm today I got a phone call saying I was now registered and yes there I was on the register. Finally I can start my job :biggrin:

What are the new guidelines based on?

I applied in May 2010, still no registration got al etter through asking me for my new documents of ID and PII. which I am covered under my new hospital and to fill out new application form..

Then these new guidelines come out. does this mean I will be assessed on old criteria or because I have had to fill out a new application which arrived after 14 September does that mean I will be assessed on new criteria. Even though i originally applied in May 2010.

I am soo stressed And they still make no sense to me AHPRA

Archived