• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Wilby's
Hi All

Thought I might get the visa this side of Christmas!! Doesnt look so hopeful now!!

I recieved this reply to my request for confirmation that I didnt have a case officer

"...That is the case. At present we are primarily allocating applications to

case officers which were lodged in June 2010...":chatterbox::arghh:

Hi there

Which migration office did you lodge your visa?

Hi Guys,

New here but I figured I'd add some info about my application

RSMS 857 (onshore) - Accountant

RCB submitted 23/07/2010

RCB approved 10/08/2010

Nomination Forwarded to DIAC Melbourne (by Tas RCB themselves) 15/08/2010

Nomination Received by DIAC Melbourne 18/08/2010

Nomination Doc's sent by employer 19/08/2010

No Co till now......... :arghh: called Diac they say it's going to take 6-7 mths.

Question... Should I send my personal application now? with the fees and police report etc? would that speed up the application? or do I wait for nomination to be approved? Hell how long does the nomination thingy take???

Hi Guys,

New here but I figured I'd add some info about my application

RSMS 857 (onshore) - Accountant

RCB submitted 23/07/2010

RCB approved 10/08/2010

Nomination Forwarded to DIAC Melbourne (by Tas RCB themselves) 15/08/2010

Nomination Received by DIAC Melbourne 18/08/2010

Nomination Doc's sent by employer 19/08/2010

No Co till now......... :arghh: called Diac they say it's going to take 6-7 mths.

Question... Should I send my personal application now? with the fees and police report etc? would that speed up the application? or do I wait for nomination to be approved? Hell how long does the nomination thingy take???

hey java we were told that frontloading the application with police checks and medicals and submitting along with the nomination will speed things up. no evidence of that yet though

Guest Sears Family

Hi just a quick update as promised.

Job offer 06.05.2010, Panic 07.05.2010

Employee Nomination sent 09.06.2010

Approved 18.06.2010 and Stage 2 application sent, approved 27.07.2010

Police checks requested 02.07.2010, received 09.07.2010

RSMS Application sent 12.07.2010

Immi took pennies 22.07.2010

E-mail from immi - get healthchecks done! 26.08.2010

Healthchecks done 10.09.2010

VISA GRANTED 4th OCTOBER 2010 jiggy.gif

Flights booked for 11th November 2010, arrive 13th!!

Hi Sears Family,

Congratulation!!!

And Have a safety flight...:jiggy:

Guest monster

congrats!..to which office did you submit your application?

hey java we were told that frontloading the application with police checks and medicals and submitting along with the nomination will speed things up. no evidence of that yet though

I've heard about agents being able to send front loaded "decision ready" applications to DIAC with some trial program they are running (can anyone confirm this?).... but I'm not using an agent so I don't know whether it'll work.

Guest zzzsianzzz
I front loaded everything and have a case officer who has requested a skills assessment, I thought there was no skills assessment for RSMS?? so thats put me back another few months. Great:shocked:

there isn't, not that i know of. Are they referring to the RCB? did you submit your RCB?

Guest zzzsianzzz
I front loaded everything and have a case officer who has requested a skills assessment, I thought there was no skills assessment for RSMS?? so thats put me back another few months. Great:shocked:

there isn't, not that i know of. Are they referring to the RCB? did you submit your RCB? theres no point system for RSMS, and it doesn't require assessment if your employer can prove the need for your skills. Its not under the GSM program which requires skills assessment.

Guest zzzsianzzz
Hi what is RCB? The case officer has requested full skills assessment

regional certifying body certification.. for an employer part? how did u submit RSMS without these?

Guest craighannay
there isn't, not that i know of. Are they referring to the RCB? did you submit your RCB? theres no point system for RSMS, and it doesn't require assessment if your employer can prove the need for your skills. Its not under the GSM program which requires skills assessment.

i needed to have my skills assessed for the rsms,its part of the nomination side,without it you wont be passed onto the 2nd stage

Guest zzzsianzzz
i needed to have my skills assessed for the rsms,its part of the nomination side,without it you wont be passed onto the 2nd stage

u need skills assessment for the RCB right, not by the professional accreditation body? are u referring to 886 RSMS or 857/119?

Guest zzzsianzzz
I am on a 119 rsms application. The nomination was approved on the employer side then I sent my visa application in.

yeah i thought that is all you need...? as the RCB will have some basic requirements like your qualifications, english, etc. unless you are applying for exceptional circumstances? and it doesn't have to be in the SOL? not sure why the case officer asked u for it...did he/she got mixed up with GSM program?

Guest zzzsianzzz
I don't really know to be honest but he is still insisting on it, could it be because me anzsco code is for professional engineer do you think?

im not sure to be honest. from the forms it seems quite straightforward. Maybe there might be safety standards in Australia and your qualifications should be overseas qualification I think, which u might need to comply with or recognized by the board and can only be done via Engineers Australia.

Guest zzzsianzzz

and i guess you might have to do the skills assessment as he will be your CO,it might take about 3 months for some professional boards to go through the qualifications and/or experience. you're so close of getting it, i think you should do it quickly before the queue gets really long as its approaching end of the year and grads will be out of uni before xmas