Guest Rangerider33

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest johnbaguio

Just for your reference I just got an email from my CO 20SEPT requesting for physical examination and police reports. Hope this dates can give you an overview.

13MAY2010-NOMINATION Lodge date/13JULY2010 APPROVED NOMINATION/ 26AUG2010-Application LODGED/20SEPT2010 CO's Request

Guest Sunshinefreedom
It is a slightly lighter shade of grey today!

So I heard from my MA, My app in still at parra in a pile somewhere getting some cobwebs it would seem. They told her standard processing time for UK passport is approx 5 months at present, This is just the standard response right now it would seem... I suppose if it is all done within 5 months that would be dealable....

Thanks for keeping us posted. Yeah, I guess five months would be good- would be a great Christmas present for us and an early Christmas present for you. I just wonder why they cant send more applications to Melbourne and Perth as they seem to be processing in month or less. Surely it can be better balanced than it currently is?!:arghh:

Ok, rant over and returning to fingers crossed pose! Keep bringing the news of visa grants everyone!

Hi we lodged our rsms 119 on 19/04/10 at paramatta & still haven't heard anything! Our agent told us it would take at least 6 months because of the back log of applicants, it's so frustrating!:arghh:

Guest Sunshinefreedom
Hi we lodged our rsms 119 on 19/04/10 at paramatta & still haven't heard anything! Our agent told us it would take at least 6 months because of the back log of applicants' date=' it's so frustrating!:arghh:[/quote']

There are a lot of :arghh: appearing on this thread! Must mean lots of parramatta applicants. For you though Wilby, according to your agent's timeframe you should perhaps hear something next month. Fingers crossed for you, and please do let us know if you do hear anything :daydreaming:

Guest Rangerider33

There are a lot of :arghh: appearing on this thread! Must mean lots of parramatta applicants. For you though Wilby, according to your agent's timeframe you should perhaps hear something next month. Fingers crossed for you, and please do let us know if you do hear anything :daydreaming:
Oh my god there are 6 on this page alone...7 now!! Wilby what is your occupation if you don't mind me asking?

Guest craighannay
Oh my god there are 6 on this page alone...7 now!! Wilby where at you lodged at (I'm guessing the Parra?)

when diac say 5-7 months:- do they mean from the nomination approval date or when the visa application was granted a CO

nomination approved 121 - carpenter - perth office - 14th sept 2010

diac asked us to send in our application which we had already done along with meds and police checks a few months ago hoping nomination would be approved and to try speed things up

diac confirmed our details were there - 15th september 2010

cheers

Guest Rangerider33
when diac say 5-7 months:- do they mean from the nomination approval date or when the visa application was granted a CO

diac asked us to send in our application which we had already done along with meds and police checks a few months ago hoping nomination would be approved and to try speed things up

cheers

The whole shebang I'm reckoning.... although people have been quicker and people still waiting after 9 months! It's a very expensive lottery ticket It would seem!

Oh my god there are 6 on this page alone...7 now!! Wilby what is your occupation if you don't mind me asking?

OH is bricklayer. Spoke to our agent last night & he said he knows of people who lodged visas (Paramatta) in Febuary & still haven't heard anything! :SLEEP:

cheers

hi craighannay,

I just wanna know when did you lodge your nomination? I've submitted mine in perth ENS 856 last August 19, 2010 and have not heard of anything.

Guest RBhardwaj

Hi, I've been silently reading this forum for a while now, and thought I should post my timeline.

Nomination sent to RCB in Tasmania 30/05/10

RCB Approved 15/07/10

Nomination received by DIAC (Melbourne) 20/07/10

Nomination approved 22/09/10

Application sent by Courier (inc Medicals and Police checks) 22/09/10

and now the wait begins!

No problem, good to be able to do something useful while I wait!!!

Hi there Rangerider

Have you heard anything yet about your application ?

Well it is now officially 4 months since my RSMS 119 visa nomination was submitted and I have not heard a dicky bird from Parramatta (nor has the MA). By 4 Oct my 119 RSMS visa application will have been submitted 2 months. According to my MA despite RSMS being Priority 1, I just have to be patient. Now where can I buy some patience, as I think I have lost all mine!

Guest lovesushi

Hi guys I have a very dumb question :wub: I'm about to send our application to Parramatta. Should I send it to the street address or the postal address? Thank you :wubclub:

Guest Rangerider33
Hi there Rangerider

Have you heard anything yet about your application ?

Well it is now officially 4 months since my RSMS 119 visa nomination was submitted and I have not heard a dicky bird from Parramatta (nor has the MA). By 4 Oct my 119 RSMS visa application will have been submitted 2 months. According to my MA despite RSMS being Priority 1, I just have to be patient. Now where can I buy some patience, as I think I have lost all mine!

Hey there! Nope still nothing. Not a bean. My MA called and found out that its still at Parramatta, maybe our applications are next to each other in a dark room! You could call and see where it is, best case senario I think would be to have to moved to Melbourne. Patience is hard when I have my life waiting there for me to come back, if you find any cheap on ebay let me know!!

Hi guys I have a very dumb question :wub: I'm about to send our application to Parramatta. Should I send it to the street address or the postal address? Thank you :wubclub:
I'm not sure, I's assume the postal address? My MA did the posting part!

Guest ericanto

Hi Lovesushi

You need to send the the application to the postal address which is GPO box.

Hi everyone!

my application was receipted on 29.july and shortly after we have done our medicals and got an confirmation of the medical centre that is has been posted on the 25.Aug. How long does it usually take until u get a receipt of arrival? Do i have to worry that it might got lost???:shocked:

Guest zoolisa

A little hope for those of you applying for the RSMS 857 (onshore) visa... I lodged my completed application in Parramatta 20 Aug 10, got a case worker 14 Sept 10, she asked for a repeat Aus police check on my partner- we had inadvertently got a 'standard' disclosure instead of 'full', and had our visa approved and granted on 24 Sept 10.

I had been there- checking post/emails 20,000 times a day, reading forums and having my hopes raised, dashed, and raised again; hunting for long lost certificates, finding JP's etc etc .... At one point I wondered why I was doing this all in the first place!

I don't know if my situation helped- I am a nurse moving from Brisbane to Toowoomba, I was on a 457 visa with 2 years left on it. My old employer wanted to terminate my 457 before I had the 857 granted- so I sent big panicky emails to immigration. I was told I could cancel my 457 and then my bridging visa would come into play- but I'd have to apply for permission to work, and this was a little risky in case I couldn't work (nor could my partner) so I sat tight and kept my fingers crossed. Happily, the visa was granted a few days before my employment ended, so a very happy ending.

Good luck to everyone going through the same thing. Your visa will be granted eventually, so hang in there :wink:

Congratulations :biggrin:

A little hope for those of you applying for the RSMS 857 (onshore) visa... I lodged my completed application in Parramatta 20 Aug 10, got a case worker 14 Sept 10, she asked for a repeat Aus police check on my partner- we had inadvertently got a 'standard' disclosure instead of 'full', and had our visa approved and granted on 24 Sept 10.

I had been there- checking post/emails 20,000 times a day, reading forums and having my hopes raised, dashed, and raised again; hunting for long lost certificates, finding JP's etc etc .... At one point I wondered why I was doing this all in the first place!

I don't know if my situation helped- I am a nurse moving from Brisbane to Toowoomba, I was on a 457 visa with 2 years left on it. My old employer wanted to terminate my 457 before I had the 857 granted- so I sent big panicky emails to immigration. I was told I could cancel my 457 and then my bridging visa would come into play- but I'd have to apply for permission to work, and this was a little risky in case I couldn't work (nor could my partner) so I sat tight and kept my fingers crossed. Happily, the visa was granted a few days before my employment ended, so a very happy ending.

Good luck to everyone going through the same thing. Your visa will be granted eventually, so hang in there :wink:

Hi All

Thought I might get the visa this side of Christmas!! Doesnt look so hopeful now!!

I recieved this reply to my request for confirmation that I didnt have a case officer

"...That is the case. At present we are primarily allocating applications to

case officers which were lodged in June 2010...":chatterbox::arghh:

Well some good news I have a case officer. Bad news he wants information that I wasn't expecting. He wants details of membership to engineersaustralia which I don't have. Has anybody had this request? It's not a skills assessment request and I've been told that membership to engineersaustralia isn't compulsory in Victoria. I have requested more information but his out of office is on now until the 11th GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRR