RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

I cant work it out either! I think it does make a difference what occupation you lodge under, they said that certain jobs and those on the critical list will be processed over everyone else so I am assuming those getting through quicker are the ones that have a job from that sector. I just really hope mine comes in the new year, but if you asked in October and the said June then that actually sounds about right as they said June to me. Still dont believe it will be before Chrimbo though! where are you settling then? Perth or South Australia? Is it just your application that is in Perth? Are you in Australia now? If not and you are coming to Perth I run an expat meetup group in Perth (as well as another meetup group for any nationality). I got told off for advertising it on here before but if you want to know anything about it let me know! I can pm you the link :) Sure there is something similar for SA on the same site also. Its a good way to get to know people.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest craighannay

heading to albany to do my employer sponsorship,after then, who knows, perth 5 hrs away but in oz ,not very far lol

i`m heading out to work as a carpenter, so not sure if thats on the wanted list,the rule changes are crippling people left right and centre! my future boss is cool with the waiting , so thats good, but he did say things are quite too - gulp! , hope he`s not changed his mind

the only thing i cannot get my head round is " if certain visa`s are always priority over other visa,how are people supposed to moved up the list ready for a CO, i could be sat here waiting like yourself and others, whilst someone who has just sent in there app, may well get there visa before us - i am offshore at moment, waiting to tie things up here, which seems to be taking forever for the email confirmation

I know thats what I always think!! How are we ever going to get through. I think they just prioritise certain professions in the same visa category (very ropey guess there im sure lol!)

Albany is nice, Denmark is beautiful, some really good four wheel drive tracks round there, and if you like your fishing you should be in luck (apart from the bloody blowies!) have you been out to visit there or is it just one big leap (best way sometimes!!) I was in Perth but got sponsored on a 457, 11th hour before I was supposed to come home, I came out on a backpacking visa, so I guess its not the fist time I had a tight call with a visa! I wish I had started on the 857 earlier but didnt realise it was available to me. I was originally supposed to go to Bunbury but they changed it to Mandurah, which has worked out well, they have the train line now so its only 50mins to Perth, it doesnt really feel that regional!!! but a bit nicer than living right in the City.

Anyway keep me updated with how your going I have high hopes we should get ours similar times....lets hope for a very merry Christmas!! lol. :)

Guest craighannay

travelled round oz in 1998 -WHV - only place i never got to was WA , so my dream will come true - 39,000 kilometeres on the old station wagon by the time i finished

i should at the time extended my visa and looked into something then , but i didnt, thought england wasnt that bad until i returned lol, all the best , it will be the best xmas pressy ever!! better than the socks and soap on a rope lmao

PMSL! at least you wont need the socks here!! I'll reserve judgement on the soap on a roap!. We are the unwashed pommes after all!! lol.

At least you know what to expect then thats good, although WA seems to be wholly unlike the other states... they dont call it Wait Awhile for no reason!! I think even people from other states view it as another country.....I love it though!

Where are you from? Im originally from Essex, I like being able to tell people its the cultural capital of England over here and not being laughed at. :wink:

Guest craighannay

probably get kicked off here , i`m from bradford, other people call it bradistan lol

people tell me why dont i just move from here and try somewhere else in england - yeah right ,ive been to many places and there all the same and have been for many years, and to get worse no doubt in years to come,get out while i can! i say

hey i just thought, theres more movement between my posts, and yours on here, than there has been on here for ages lol

lol yeah they call basildon basvegas or bazghanistan, and my mum served in Nam....Dagenham!....looks like we both could be kicked off here!!

Yeah probs the most posting...could be to do with the fact I can talk the hind legs off a donkey...lol

I agree you got to go for it!! I'm not sure how I would get on with going home now!! Ive been back once, first time after three and half years. While I liked being there to visit I could see it getting very old quick if I stayed any longer!! If I couldnt stay here I would definitely be applying for Canada or somewhere like that! Mind I almost felt like leaving home yesterday when a massive huntsman ran across me yesterday....he ended up with the couch and I got the floor. Enough of my ramblings! will leave you in peace I have an early start.....enjoy the snow!! lol.

Guest Rangerider33
RSMS visa granted 15/11/2010 on re entering Australia! Still can't believe that we are now Permanent Residents' date=' woo hoo!!:biggrin:[/quote']

Yey! Massive congrats!!! :D

can you share your full time line with us please?

Enjoy your first xmas as an Aussy!

Guest johnbaguio

It's me again.I'm offshore and I just got an email form my CO stating she can't assess my visa app and is requesting for "POSITIVE SKILLS ASSESSMENT" I'm guessing this is the VETASSESS. Anyone who has gone through VETASSESS PLS. HELP!:notworthy:

Guest johnbaguio

What did she mean by "POSITIVE SKILLS ASSESSMENT" Is this the final result of the vetasses? How long does vetasses result take? PLS.HELP!

Guest Rangerider33
What did she mean by "POSITIVE SKILLS ASSESSMENT" Is this the final result of the vetasses? How long does vetasses result take? PLS.HELP!

Hi Johnbaguio, It does sound like they want you to get your trade assessed by Vetasses although I didn't think they did that for RSMS! Can you ask them for more info?

Congrats Wilby's and Craig Hannay!

Any news on yours rangerider?

Hey Sunshinefreedom,

Nope, no, nothing! My first form 80 did get lost in the post on the way to Aus (they requested hard copies after they received the PDF's) so the case officer would have only got the second one last fridayish...

I did find out that my nomination still hasn't been allocated. My MA asked the CO asked for my form 80 and that is what she said....it is all very confusing really! No news your self?

I did read on another thread of someone who applied for the same visa, same office and lodged decision ready (same) 2 days before me and they got a grant last week... I am hoping this week is it! :notworthy:

Guest Sunshinefreedom
Hi Johnbaguio, It does sound like they want you to get your trade assessed by Vetasses although I didn't think they did that for RSMS! Can you ask them for more info?

Hey Sunshinefreedom,

Nope, no, nothing! My first form 80 did get lost in the post on the way to Aus (they requested hard copies after they received the PDF's) so the case officer would have only got the second one last fridayish...

I did find out that my nomination still hasn't been allocated. My MA asked the CO asked for my form 80 and that is what she said....it is all very confusing really! No news your self?

I did read on another thread of someone who applied for the same visa, same office and lodged decision ready (same) 2 days before me and they got a grant last week... I am hoping this week is it! :notworthy:

I hope so too, Rangerider, I will keep fingers crossed for you. You must be loving the weather there at the mo!?

We have not heard anything but keep hoping as it is nearly five months since we lodged...

Guest johnbaguio

I have one question to all who have filed visa for RSMS off-shore.When filling-up form 47ES and seeking exception on skills detailed in page 33 did you need to attach a confirmation letter from your employer seeking exception or t'was done during the nomimation application?

Thanks

Guest Rangerider33
I have one question to all who have filed visa for RSMS off-shore.When filling-up form 47ES and seeking exception on skills detailed in page 33 did you need to attach a confirmation letter from your employer seeking exception or t'was done during the nomimation application?

Thanks

Hi,

I didn't apply for any exceptional circumstances. I'm guessing you applied with lower than a relevant Diploma? Maybe this is why they want to access your skills...

sorry not to be much more help!

Guest lovesushi

We got our RSMS Visa granted today :happy_face_sticking:happy_face_love_in_

Here's our timeline

06/08/2010: Lodged 885 application

01/09/2010: Employer & Diac advised to switch to 857 because we're eligible & processing time is much faster than 885

06/09/2010: Employer started the process

16/09/2010: Employer sent nomination

22/09/2010: Diac approved nomination

26/09/2010: Lodged 857 application by post

08/10/2010: Medical checks

29/11/2010: Case officer assigned and she requested for form 80 & original police clearance of my home country (I sent the copied one)

30/11/2010: Form 80 posted

14/12/2010: Called case officer to check on progress and got visa granted 1 hour after the call :happy_face_love_in_

Merry Christmas everyone :12:

edit: forgot to mention we applied onshore and with a positive skill assessment.

We got our RSMS Visa granted today :happy_face_sticking:happy_face_love_in_

Here's our timeline

06/08/2010: Lodged 885 application

01/09/2010: Employer & Diac advised to switch to 857 because we're eligible & processing time is much faster than 885

06/09/2010: Employer started the process

16/09/2010: Employer sent nomination

22/09/2010: Diac approved nomination

26/09/2010: Lodged 857 application by post

08/10/2010: Medical checks

29/11/2010: Case officer assigned and she requested for form 80 & original police clearance of my home country (I sent the copied one)

30/11/2010: Form 80 posted

14/12/2010: Called case officer to check on progress and got visa granted 1 hour after the call :happy_face_love_in_

Merry Christmas everyone :12:

edit: forgot to mention we applied onshore and with a positive skill assessment.

Hey congratulations guys thats great stuff and super quick too!!:hug: I lodged mine in August and still waiting for a CO!:wacko: which office did you lodge in and what was the occupation?

Well done again guys a very merry chrimbo pressie!:jiggy: I much prefer seeing a sweaty santa to a freezing santa lol. :biglaugh: im just happy everday Im here.

Guest lovesushi
Hey congratulations guys thats great stuff and super quick too!!:hug: I lodged mine in August and still waiting for a CO!:wacko: which office did you lodge in and what was the occupation?

Well done again guys a very merry chrimbo pressie!:jiggy: I much prefer seeing a sweaty santa to a freezing santa lol. :biglaugh: im just happy everday Im here.

Thank you KD79UK :biggrin: Indeed it's a very nice Christmas gift for us, we hate waiting! We lodged in Paramatta, occupation was Chemical engineer and we included the skill assessment even they didn't ask. Hope you'll hear from your C/O very soon :hug:

Guest Rangerider33

massive congratulations lovesushi!! That's awesome news!

I have just had word from my ma that my nomination is being assessed now and that the co who has my visa app said it is decision ready and just waiting dir nomination out come.

I am so scared and nervous!!!!

Guest RBhardwaj
Hi, I've been silently reading this forum for a while now, and thought I should post my timeline.

Nomination sent to RCB in Tasmania 30/05/10

RCB Approved 15/07/10

Nomination received by DIAC (Melbourne) 20/07/10

Nomination approved 22/09/10

Application sent by Courier (inc Medicals and Police checks) 22/09/10

and now the wait begins!

My visa Granted Yesterday (15/12/10), now recovering from celebrations!:biggrin:

Occupation Nurse - no preferential treatment received

Good luck everyone!

Rachel

Guest Rangerider33
My visa Granted Yesterday (15/12/10), now recovering from celebrations!:biggrin:

Occupation Nurse - no preferential treatment received

Good luck everyone!

Rachel

Thats great news Rachel!! :biggrin:

What is your time line and where was it lodged?

I still haven't heard back yet... :nah:

Thats great news Rachel!! :biggrin:

What is your time line and where was it lodged?

I still haven't heard back yet... :nah:

Hi Rangerider

Like you I too am still waiting. I had a message via my MIA that the extra medical results had still not been received in Sydney even though I had my letter from the panel doctor by 2 Dec. I phoned the panel doctors office and they said they would courier the results, as the CO gave me till 17 Dec to provide the information as my original medical expired 6 Dec 10. .The panel office was very non-commital about when they sent the results but they apologised and said they would send them now-makes me think they did not send them on although I gave them the e-mail from the CO and medical officer. Of course now I find my CO is on 3 weeks holiday starting 16 Dec, so I guess there will be no decision for weeks.

It is now 9 months since I signed my work contract, 7 months since the post nomination went in and over 4 months since the 119 visa application went in. I was so hoping that I could start the New Year knowing I could book my flights- oh well!