RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Got a kinda stupid question.

The RCB for my application is Tasmania, and according to their process once they have certified the application, they'll forward the application to DIAC.

Now.... Do they send the supporting documents for the RCB to DIAC as well or do they only send the signed certified application form 1054?

My employer is under the impression they only need to send the docs that were not sent to TAS RCB to DIAC.... So I dont know if thats holding the application up in anyway....

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Rangerider33
That is great news, you will be back out here for Christmas. Your nomination must be approved I guess, they can't approve visa otherwise- seems like they just don't let people know about the nomination!

Let's hope Parra keep moving quickly, maybe we will get ours soon, fingers crossed! Good luck and keep us posted :biggrin:

Ok so heard back from the cse officer regards my nomination, it has not yet been processed but the case officer says she had requested it to be allocated. I'm thinking maybe the case officer who requested my form 80 is a team leader? I am so sick of trying to read between the lines!!

I'm not holding my breath I will be back for xmas!

For any of you who has had your nomination approved already, did they request a lot of additonal info? What kinds of things?

Guest AnnaStu
Ok so heard back from the cse officer regards my nomination, it has not yet been processed but the case officer says she had requested it to be allocated. I'm thinking maybe the case officer who requested my form 80 is a team leader? I am so sick of trying to read between the lines!!

I'm not holding my breath I will be back for xmas!

For any of you who has had your nomination approved already, did they request a lot of additonal info? What kinds of things?

my nomination has been approved on the day i got receipt of arrival of visa application.no requests of additional info.just an e-mail saying the nomination is approved and my employer got the same.i have heard from a few ppl that they requested documents of employer to re-confirm job offer...hope that helps.good luck with yours!

Hi!

I got my RSMS 857 visa in 2007 (I'm now an Australian Citizen)

Once I got my employer nomination approved, the visa took 6 weeks from lodging to approval, but it was lodged in Brisbane. I was at the time on my extended 457 visa and as I was onshore when the application was lodged, had to stay in Australia until the visa was granted.

On the first day that I qualified for citizenship, I applied.....now I don't need to worry about this crap anymore....Good Luck mate

Guest Nathansanj

Hi Guys

I am new to this forum. I am trying to apply for RSMS 857 visa. I spoke to the local RCB and the lady there told me that there is no minimum salary for this type of visa , however my immigration agent says that I have to meet the minimum salary criteria without which my nomination will not be approved at Paramatta. I work as a junior network admin (I T) and my salary including super is around $40K . Can anyone who has already had they visa granted/nomination approved comment on this, please.

Regards

Nathan

Guest Sunshinefreedom

Any more news yet Rangerider? Seems an odd way for them to do things, I'll keep my fingers crossed that yours goes through really soon.

Any more news yet Rangerider? Seems an odd way for them to do things, I'll keep my fingers crossed that yours goes through really soon.

Hi

Has anyone heard anything about RSMS 119 visas being transferred to Brisbane yet?

I heard a rumour that some had been sent there, mine among them, and that I had a Case Officer although I have had no contact from DIMA and my MIA has heard nothing either?

I sent one of those e-mails to ask for an Transaction number in Sep 10 and again last week so I could check on line but all I got was an acknowledgement and nothing else.

If you applied for this Transaction reference number how did they notify you? What does it look like?

Still hoping to hear something very soon - it's a good job I'm an optimist - otherwise you do not know whether to laugh or cry!

Guest gary n kris
My visa was approved last Thursday. Were heading over to Melbourne in January. Anyone know a good place to get flights?

www.kayak.co.uk is a good search facility to start with. Also, if you want to risk it there are normally a number of flight sales which are announced the first week or two in January (e.g. Emirates) but that may be too late if you want to travel in Jan. Good luck with your trip.

Hi everyone, just to let you know I now have a case officer and they have requested form 80 for my visa application (I'm not sure whats happening with the nomination)... yikes! x

Hi Rangerider

I applied for a Transaction number so I could check what was happening to my application on line, I got a reply today that said I had an "Assessing Officer" and that they would be in touch soon. It only referred to the Visa application on 6 Aug 10 and did not mention the Post Nomination for which I have had no decision as yet. However there were no contact details given of this person, nor has my MIA been notified.

Not sure whether this person is a Case Officer or not whether this is still to happen.

When you got your Case officer were there full contact details given? It all seems a bit flaky to me!

Post Nomination 26 May 10- Parramatta, no response to date. RSMS 119 Visa application 6 Aug 10. Case Officer appointed 17 Nov 10 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! from Brisbane. Further information requested from sponsoring employer and further BP check requested by medical people. Panel doctor sent letter stating good to go 2 Dec 10 and employer information supplied by MIA 29 Nov . Now a waiting game again.

Hi Rangerider

I applied for a Transaction number so I could check what was happening to my application on line, I got a reply today that said I had an "Assessing Officer" and that they would be in touch soon. It only referred to the Visa application on 6 Aug 10 and did not mention the Post Nomination for which I have had no decision as yet. However there were no contact details given of this person, nor has my MIA been notified.

Not sure whether this person is a Case Officer or not whether this is still to happen.

When you got your Case officer were there full contact details given? It all seems a bit flaky to me!

Post Nomination 26 May 10- Parramatta, no response to date. RSMS 119 Visa application 6 Aug 10 -All medicals and police checks front loaded.

OK - now I am really cross. My MIA tells me that the reply from DIAC is telling me that despite submitting my Post Nomination on 26 May 10, that DIAC will not be looking at my application till late Jan 2011 as this is 6 months from my 119 visa application.

I now run the risk of losing the job that I signed the contract for in Mar 10, as my future employer is already becoming restive about the delay.

This Priority 1 processing for RSMS sucks!

OK - now I am really cross. My MIA tells me that the reply from DIAC is telling me that despite submitting my Post Nomination on 26 May 10, that DIAC will not be looking at my application till late Jan 2011 as this is 6 months from my 119 visa application.

I now run the risk of losing the job that I signed the contract for in Mar 10, as my future employer is already becoming restive about the delay.

This Priority 1 processing for RSMS sucks!

I am so excited- my MIA rang at 0630 hours this morning -I have a Case Officer in Brisbane- Yipee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They want a follow up blood test for me so I have to try and get a blood test done at a panel docs, my GP surgery refused point blank to do what they called a "private blood test"!

So I am frantically ringing around to get this done within the 28 days they have given up. Hope springs eternal.

Fingers crossed .

Guest AnnaStu
I am so excited- my MIA rang at 0630 hours this morning -I have a Case Officer in Brisbane- Yipee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They want a follow up blood test for me so I have to try and get a blood test done at a panel docs, my GP surgery refused point blank to do what they called a "private blood test"!

So I am frantically ringing around to get this done within the 28 days they have given up. Hope springs eternal.

Fingers crossed .

awesome news!!!!! congratulations!! u said u applied for an transaction number to check progress online!? how did u do that? hope that means i will hear of them soon as i lodged a week before u did :unsure: im so sick and tired of waiting:arghh:

awesome news!!!!! congratulations!! u said u applied for an transaction number to check progress online!? how did u do that? hope that means i will hear of them soon as i lodged a week before u did :unsure: im so sick and tired of waiting:arghh:

Hi AnnaStu

Thank you for your kind wishes. No- I never did get that Transaction number despite applying twice, once in Sep 10 and again 2 weeks ago.When you log on to DIMA to check your application, the page asks for transaction number and Employer number, there is a facility there to ask for a Transaction number by e-mail. I filled it in twice but never did get anything.

Just booked my blood test and blood pressure check at a London panel doctors = £167! This immigration lark is a licence to print money!

Guest Rangerider33

Hi everyone, sorry for the late reply.

I haven't heard anything else back since i sent the form 80 to my ma, she asked me to send them also byt post incase immi asked for hard copies so posted too but might not have arrive from UK yet.

Meadows73- sounds like they have had you on a bit of roller coaster the last little while! What great you have a case officer, how did you hear of cases being moved to brisbane? So they have requested blood tests before your noimination has been approved??? Yes i had the name and contact details of case officer as she emailed my ma directly asking for the form 80. I have never applied for a transaction number, I didn't know you could if you didn't apply online. Yes very flaky, its like they have no system!! I don't have clue what's going on now!!! :cry:

Sunshine freedom- thanks for keeping things crossed! Have you still not heard anYthing? How's the weather now? I am terribly home sick now :(

Bernie inn- Congratulations!! That's great news!! :biggrin:

Hey,

Just wondered if anyone had heard anything about how backlogged Perth is now? I get an email reply from them saying they were primarily allocating applications from June to Case Officers, and that was on the October 6th. Just wondering if there was a rough timeline I could sort of work out from that (yes I know straw clutching again lol). Manage to stop dwelling on it for a while but its popped back into my head today!

I submitted my application on the 12th August, so I guess I should just forget about it until at least Feb for it to fit into the 5mth wait......After being in Australia for nearly 5 years it would be nice to just be able to buy a house and feel a bit secure!!! :eek:

when diac say 5-7 months:- do they mean from the nomination approval date or when the visa application was granted a CO

nomination approved 121 - carpenter - perth office - 14th sept 2010

diac asked us to send in our application which we had already done along with meds and police checks a few months ago hoping nomination would be approved and to try speed things up

diac confirmed our details were there - 15th september 2010

cheers

Hey Craighannay, have you had your visa granted or heard anything yet?

Guest johnbaguio

I think were hanging in the same cliff where the contracts we signed for is running out and caught every snag of this "PRIORITY PROCESSING". What can we do now?

I even had my employer called my case officer and was told "It takes 7mos for the process but it doent have to take that long"...LOL WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THE DIAC? Are they still in operation?HELLO!?

August 2010 sent Application/September 2010 sent From 80,police and Meds

Guest craighannay

no visa as yet, the spreadsheet says ive got a case officer but i havnt been informed i have one, i was told though this quote from diac when i emailed "

Dear Mr Hannay

Thank you for your email. I have liaised with the senior officer who

allocates the applications and can confirm that the applications are being

allocated in date order. We are currently processing applications that we

received on June 17th. You will have a case officer before xmas but exactly

when we cannot be precise about."

they also told me the timeframe starts immediateley when you first start the nomination process and it is officially logged to diac

my excitement is slowly fading away with the wait, life on hold like the rest :(

no visa as yet, the spreadsheet says ive got a case officer but i havnt been informed i have one, i was told though this quote from diac when i emailed "

Dear Mr Hannay

Thank you for your email. I have liaised with the senior officer who

allocates the applications and can confirm that the applications are being

allocated in date order. We are currently processing applications that we

received on June 17th. You will have a case officer before xmas but exactly

when we cannot be precise about."

they also told me the timeframe starts immediateley when you first start the nomination process and it is officially logged to diac

my excitement is slowly fading away with the wait, life on hold like the rest :(

The process starts from the nomination lodgement? oh my! I thought it was when I put my application in, that would make it January for the 5 months so I thought that might be reasonable!! Mine started in April then, thats when my employer lodged the nomination after regional. I lodged my application 12th August so we are very similar on that score. When did you get that email? I ask because I got an email saying they can confirm that they are allocating applications from June to Case Officers, and that was on the 6th October. I dont hold out hope for before Christmas its December tomorrow!! that means they have to get through another two months by then! :arghh:

I think were hanging in the same cliff where the contracts we signed for is running out and caught every snag of this "PRIORITY PROCESSING". What can we do now?

I even had my employer called my case officer and was told "It takes 7mos for the process but it doent have to take that long"...LOL WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THE DIAC? Are they still in operation?HELLO!?

August 2010 sent Application/September 2010 sent From 80,police and Meds

I think you need a degree in criptic to find out John! Really hope it all works out for you, are you onshore or off? I worry as well as our employer has been very quiet lately which worries me, if I lost my sponsorship there I doubt I could transfer over to another employer very easily, especially not in the location im in.

Because I have been here for four and half years means I can get my citizenship after a year, so time is of the essense really! The sooner I get it done the sooner I can be safe and it doesnt matter what I do. :goofy:Cant imagine going home and starting all over again after this amount of time!!!

Guest craighannay

KD79UK

recieved the email 14/10/2010 from diac

they tell everyone different things - i`,m not taking anything concrete until my visa is sat on my mat

i have tried to work out timescales before, just gets you down

but head up and keep in touch - very very simalar timescale to yourself as you said

Guest craighannay

one thing i forgot to mention, i was talking to a friend of mine who was on about the smp - south australia, that was 3 weeks ago now,and i told him the employer sponsors are top of the tree, especially the temp ones anyway,the perm ones do take a bit longer

having read posts on here, it seems people who have just applied on the new smp`s are queue jumping over-riding already lodged rsms and also already lodged older state sponsorship!!

that doesnt sound very fair !!