RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Guest Rangerider33
Hi Rangerider

Like you I too am still waiting. I had a message via my MIA that the extra medical results had still not been received in Sydney even though I had my letter from the panel doctor by 2 Dec. I phoned the panel doctors office and they said they would courier the results, as the CO gave me till 17 Dec to provide the information as my original medical expired 6 Dec 10. .The panel office was very non-commital about when they sent the results but they apologised and said they would send them now-makes me think they did not send them on although I gave them the e-mail from the CO and medical officer. Of course now I find my CO is on 3 weeks holiday starting 16 Dec, so I guess there will be no decision for weeks.

It is now 9 months since I signed my work contract, 7 months since the post nomination went in and over 4 months since the 119 visa application went in. I was so hoping that I could start the New Year knowing I could book my flights- oh well!

I hear you, as if the waiting around isn't hard enough...the lack of communication on their part and the shear lack of an actual process is impossible to deal with!

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hear you, as if the waiting around isn't hard enough...the lack of communication on their part and the shear lack of an actual process is impossible to deal with!

Hi RangeRider

Latest from MIA is that nothing will even be looked at until after 4 Jan 10 when CO returns from leave . I still have no idea if the extra medical paperwork has actually been received yet. Aghhh-grinding of teeth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I can say is Merry Xmas to one and all and here's hoping we all get some good news early in the New Year.

Guest Rangerider33
we have a case officer :chatterbox:

Email this morning requesting form 80's for us and a form 1229 for Brians son.

merry xmas

Yey! congrats! Great that things are moving for you finally. Keep us posted.

Hi RangeRider

Latest from MIA is that nothing will even be looked at until after 4 Jan 10 when CO returns from leave . I still have no idea if the extra medical paperwork has actually been received yet. Aghhh-grinding of teeth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I can say is Merry Xmas to one and all and here's hoping we all get some good news early in the New Year.

Yes still no news for me either, i'm figuring maybe my case officer is on holiday too (maybe the same one?!)

New year- good news, im wishing on that too!!

Merry Christmas everyone! :jiggy:

Yey! congrats! Great that things are moving for you finally. Keep us posted.

Yes still no news for me either, i'm figuring maybe my case officer is on holiday too (maybe the same one?!)

New year- good news, im wishing on that too!!

Merry Christmas everyone! :jiggy:

Hi RangeRider

Had an e-mail from my MIA on Thursday 30 Dec 10 forwarding an e-mail from alternate CO that says they still have not received extra medical results from medical panel doctor in London. (Medical was 25 Nov 10).

Freaking out !!!!- I e-mailed and then rang London as soon as possible on Friday morning 31 Dec. I was told that results were e-mailed to CO on 16 Dec 10, then when her out of office message was recieved, to her alternate also on 16 Dec 10. They also sent results by courier to Sydney medical people which were signed for on Monday 22 Dec 10, so I was able to quote tracking details to my MIA for forwarding on to CO.

Now not sure what the delay is and why alternate CO is saying nothing received when they have had details since 16 Dec 10?

My MIA will be following up on Tuesday but still not sure what on earth is going on with medical clearance and visa application? I am really hoping to hear something positive next week but you never know with this organisation do you?

Guest Rangerider33
Hi RangeRider

Had an e-mail from my MIA on Thursday 30 Dec 10 forwarding an e-mail from alternate CO that says they still have not received extra medical results from medical panel doctor in London. (Medical was 25 Nov 10).

Freaking out !!!!- I e-mailed and then rang London as soon as possible on Friday morning 31 Dec. I was told that results were e-mailed to CO on 16 Dec 10, then when her out of office message was recieved, to her alternate also on 16 Dec 10. They also sent results by courier to Sydney medical people which were signed for on Monday 22 Dec 10, so I was able to quote tracking details to my MIA for forwarding on to CO.

Now not sure what the delay is and why alternate CO is saying nothing received when they have had details since 16 Dec 10?

My MIA will be following up on Tuesday but still not sure what on earth is going on with medical clearance and visa application? I am really hoping to hear something positive next week but you never know with this organisation do you?

It's beyond a joke. I hope you get it sorted quickly, keep us posted.

Immi should be back open for business again from tomorrow so lets hope they make up for lost time!!

Hey,

I am new to this forum but have been following for a while. My situation:

RSMS 857

Lodged in Parramatta 28 June 2009 (nomination and visa)

used agent everything front loaded.

To date heard nothing.

Never expected the wait to be this long, my agent said possibly I would get a decision before xmas, but it has come and gone..... so hoping very soon, or maybe not......

Guest Rangerider33
Hey,

I am new to this forum but have been following for a while. My situation:

RSMS 857

Lodged in Parramatta 28 June 2009 (nomination and visa)

used agent everything front loaded.

To date heard nothing.

Never expected the wait to be this long, my agent said possibly I would get a decision before xmas, but it has come and gone..... so hoping very soon, or maybe not......

Hi Zanzi,

Thanks for posting your timeline, yours in very similar to mine.

Its really hard waiting and the not knowing.

Keep us posted on any progress!

It's beyond a joke. I hope you get it sorted quickly, keep us posted.

Immi should be back open for business again from tomorrow so lets hope they make up for lost time!!

Hi again Rangerider

Good news, my Post Nomination submitted 25 May 10 was approved today 5 Jan 11! Apparently the Medical people in Sydney are having internet problems,CO has sent on medical details but CO is still waiting a reply due to this. So I will possess my soul with patience a while longer but at least some movement!

Guest vickydatious

Hey guys,

I sent off all forms for the RSMS with all documents in sept 2010 and im still waiting. Hopefully shouldnt be too long need to get back to oz!!! getting very impatient!! Anyone still waiting?

Hey all

Re: ENS Visa (121/856) Current Timescales (Part 2.....)

my visa (RSMS 857) has just been approved 1 hour ago..

I got a call that my nomination was approved this morning, so maybe same co did both afterall...

My timeline:

Lodged nom + app together Paramatta 28 June 2009

used agent and all docs front loaded

so it looks like they are just about at july.....

good luck to everyone and hopefully not too long, they seem to be moving pretty quick a parramatta these days...

Hey all

I got a call that my nomination was approved this morning, so maybe same co did both afterall...

My timeline:

good luck to everyone and hopefully not too long, they seem to be moving pretty quick a parramatta these days...

Guest Rangerider33
Hi again Rangerider

Good news, my Post Nomination submitted 25 May 10 was approved today 5 Jan 11! Apparently the Medical people in Sydney are having internet problems,CO has sent on medical details but CO is still waiting a reply due to this. So I will possess my soul with patience a while longer but at least some movement!

Thanks great news!! Hopefully will be quick now. I haven't heard anything yet although I did make a complaint through global feedback about the DRC so we will see if that speeds anything up!

Hey guys,

I sent off all forms for the RSMS with all documents in sept 2010 and im still waiting. Hopefully shouldnt be too long need to get back to oz!!! getting very impatient!! Anyone still waiting?

Hi vickydatious,

which office are you lodged at?

Just over 6 months waiting offshore too for me now, it gets a little much doesn't it!

Hey all

My timeline:

That's great news Zanzi, congrats! And only a few hours between the nomination and the visa. you lodged just after me so I'm hoping I will be next!

Parramatta do seem to be doing things a bit faster now, I just hope they give me a yes soon and let me go home!

Hi Rangerider

Thanks for your good wishes. Still no visa! Hopefully you will not be waiting too much longer for your nomination and visa. I have heard nothing further from the CO so I have no idea why it is taking the medical people so long?

I could do with some really good news soon!

Post nomination 25 May 10, approved 5 Jan 11. Visa application submitted 10 Aug 10, police checks and medicals front loaded. Visa grant ???????????????

Thanks great news!! Hopefully will be quick now. I haven't heard anything yet although I did make a complaint through global feedback about the DRC so we will see if that speeds anything up

That's great news Zanzi, congrats! And only a few hours between the nomination and the visa. you lodged just after me so I'm hoping I will be next!

Parramatta do seem to be doing things a bit faster now, I just hope they give me a yes soon and let me go home!

hi rangerider

i would keep calling immi if you are not already, they seem more willing to help after you have been waiting more than 6 months. My employer had sponsored many people before so maybe thats why my nomination was a bit quicker...

Good idea to complain about DRC, i was thinking of doing same, it is very unfair and makes no sense...

you should have yours in a few weeks at most, but i know the waiting is painful!!

Good Luck

Hi RangeRider

Well the misery continues. Notified today by MIA that medicals referred and letter being sent to CO for further medical information. MIA tried to find out what is happening but medical people would not tell him, and of course it is Friday so nothing before next week now.

I do not know what the other information they need is after a full medical and the extra tests, panel doctor said I was fine, no more tests needed and no medication either.

I think I must have kicked a black cat in a previous life or something. I really did beleive I would have my visa issued quickly after nomination agreed this week. What an end to a week! Life sucks!:arghh:

Guest vickydatious
Thanks great news!! Hopefully will be quick now. I haven't heard anything yet although I did make a complaint through global feedback about the DRC so we will see if that speeds anything up!

Hi vickydatious,

which office are you lodged at?

Just over 6 months waiting offshore too for me now, it gets a little much doesn't it!

Yesss you could say that again!! I think it was the nsw office...:arghh:I am gettng so impatient now as i have a job waiting and my boyfriend in Townsville, Queensland!! Aaaargggh! how long was you told it would be? They just keep on sayin 5-7 months :-( Not a happy bunny!!

Guest Rangerider33

Yesss you could say that again!! I think it was the nsw office...:arghh:I am gettng so impatient now as i have a job waiting and my boyfriend in Townsville, Queensland!! Aaaargggh! how long was you told it would be? They just keep on sayin 5-7 months :-( Not a happy bunny!!

Yes mine was all front loaded too, except for the form 80 that I had a request for around 2 months ago now. So I have a case officer for the application bit but not heard anything about the nomination which is a strange order...

I was told at the beginning that it would be 3-6 months, optimistically I thought mine would be done in about 3 but it's nearly been 7 months now. I am basically waiting to go home, working a crap job, sending al of my wages overseas with an even crappier exchange rate to pay my rent over there, for a house that no one is living in!! grrrr!

Guest vickydatious
Yes mine was all front loaded too, except for the form 80 that I had a request for around 2 months ago now. So I have a case officer for the application bit but not heard anything about the nomination which is a strange order...

I was told at the beginning that it would be 3-6 months, optimistically I thought mine would be done in about 3 but it's nearly been 7 months now. I am basically waiting to go home, working a crap job, sending al of my wages overseas with an even crappier exchange rate to pay my rent over there, for a house that no one is living in!! grrrr!

What do u mean you have a case officer for the application and not the nomination??? I thought they'd do it all together??

Guest Rangerider33
What do u mean you have a case officer for the application and not the nomination??? I thought they'd do it all together??

No, as far as I know in Parramatta you have different case officers. I got an email asking for further info (just the form 80) and now she said that the application is decision ready but waiting on the outcome of the nomination, of which I have heard nothing.

Most people hear about the nomination first, but my MA said that sometimes they just get to the front of the que in that order.

Did you have to come back to UK to wait too? I have been back in Manchester now since August and am terribly home sick!

Guest vickydatious
No, as far as I know in Parramatta you have different case officers. I got an email asking for further info (just the form 80) and now she said that the application is decision ready but waiting on the outcome of the nomination, of which I have heard nothing.

Most people hear about the nomination first, but my MA said that sometimes they just get to the front of the que in that order.

Did you have to come back to UK to wait too? I have been back in Manchester now since August and am terribly home sick!

What the hell !!!!! God it p****s me off!!!! Yeh my visa ran out in august so iv been back since then. My boss is getting pretty hacked off too with them as he needs me back!! Whats ur job over there?? I thought if the nomination been and got accepted by the certifying body so thats all good....

Guest Rangerider33
What the hell !!!!! God it p****s me off!!!! Yeh my visa ran out in august so iv been back since then. My boss is getting pretty hacked off too with them as he needs me back!! Whats ur job over there?? I thought if the nomination been and got accepted by the certifying body so thats all good....

I hope so, they actually messed up my RCB the first time and I had to appeal, they had made a mistake, stressful! I still have concerns as my employer is a really small company, I am being sponsored as a Fashion Designer. How about yourself?

How long have you been out in Aus? I have been there 6 years- last 2 years in Melbourne before I moved to Byron for the job.

I seem to start the week out quite hopeful, then have a midweek meltdown, then salvage a little sanity for the weekend...so the cycle continues!! So your boyfriend's has been in Townsville the whole time you have been away? What is yours job?

Guest vickydatious
I hope so, they actually messed up my RCB the first time and I had to appeal, they had made a mistake, stressful! I still have concerns as my employer is a really small company, I am being sponsored as a Fashion Designer. How about yourself?

How long have you been out in Aus? I have been there 6 years- last 2 years in Melbourne before I moved to Byron for the job.

I seem to start the week out quite hopeful, then have a midweek meltdown, then salvage a little sanity for the weekend...so the cycle continues!! So your boyfriend's has been in Townsville the whole time you have been away? What is yours job?

Gosh it really is home for u then after 6 years, hey!

Im glad im not the only depressive one then!! ha ha I check my emails every hours like a physco!!! LOL

I was only there a year, my b/f is australian from melbourne but we moved up 2 Townsville for 6 months for his job. Im a hairdresser out there. I just feel like my life is on hold!!

Guest Rangerider33
Gosh it really is home for u then after 6 years, hey!

Im glad im not the only depressive one then!! ha ha I check my emails every hours like a physco!!! LOL

I was only there a year, my b/f is australian from melbourne but we moved up 2 Townsville for 6 months for his job. Im a hairdresser out there. I just feel like my life is on hold!!

Yes totally life on hold! I am full on OCD with the email now, I keep my phone under my pillow and check it in the middle of the night even, i'm so bad I don't even think I should admit to it! Are you working in UK? Did you use a migration agent?

Guest vickydatious
Yes totally life on hold! I am full on OCD with the email now, I keep my phone under my pillow and check it in the middle of the night even, i'm so bad I don't even think I should admit to it! Are you working in UK? Did you use a migration agent?

LOL dont worry im the same!!! ha ha ha thats funny!

Yeh im working full time in a salon in Huddersfield. No i didnt use a migration agent did u?? There so bloody expensive and i i decided i could fill in forms myself!!

Do you know of anyone else who has applied for this same visa and been approved recently??

Are u working whilst being back then?