Guest Rangerider33

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest iraghuveer
I even asked them on there Facebook page (Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship - Government Organization | Facebook)

but got bog standard reply.If you call them please post their reply :smile:

After 35 min being on hold the client service officer said that they are processing september month applications who lodged nomination and visa togather and october month applications with nomination approved prior to lodgement of visa. she said its taking 7 months for almost all rsms visa at this stage. she is sounds to be having a good day actually. she even offered to check the status of visa if i have applied it online, (unfortunately mine is off shore)

Good Luck! Your PR visa within the 5 months timeframe! I am still waiting for a CO after 5 months since lodging my application. :(( :cry:

Hey Beedaman, just FYI, I contacted the Department 3 days before my actual PR was granted and they told me that I didn't have a CO yet. It's a bit of a processing plant there, if your application is complete and full they have done most of the checking when your employer lodged. I think they can pretty much process on the day they look at it!!! So I wouldn't get too hung up on having a CO or being told you have a CO either.....Good luck! :jiggy:

I rang yesterday and spoke to client services he checked my claim on the PC and said it said processing.I asked how long they were taking and he told me 5-7 months.I replied that we will be waiting up to another 6-8 weeks then and he could of said yes,but instead said "it's 5 months for an ETA country and yours is on target to be processed within that timeframe"

Sounds promising 13 days to meet the 5 month mark fingers crossed !

Guest AnnaStu
After 35 min being on hold the client service officer said that they are processing september month applications who lodged nomination and visa togather and october month applications with nomination approved prior to lodgement of visa. she said its taking 7 months for almost all rsms visa at this stage. she is sounds to be having a good day actually. she even offered to check the status of visa if i have applied it online, (unfortunately mine is off shore)

it has been 8 months (29.july 2010) since my application was lodged and 9 months(17.june) since acknowledgement of nomination! how can they process sept. and oct. applications!!!:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Guest beedaman

Thanks. I still have to do medicals. I was told( ie read online and in the application forms) not to do them until a CO instructed me to do so. Never mind ,roll on month 6!!

The two that have been granted within or around the 5 months are both 857 onshore apps.

Beedaman If I were you I would get my medicals done now and send them off they last 12 months going by the Info on the forum.We front loaded everything as per advice of Migrant agent and we had our Medicals done in October last year now.Maybe onshore get processed fatser.

Good luck hope we all here something soon`

I received this e-mail this afternoon.....

Please bare with us as we are currently processing month of October 2010

application and we are still allocating October 2010 application to case

officers accordingly.

Regards,

rowena

Communications Team

Permanent Employer Sponsored Entry (NSW, QLD, ACT)

Parramatta Centre of Excellence

hi

If u dont mind , can u plz forward that email to me. my email id is i_raghuveer@yahoo.com. i will forward same and check with my lawyer. cause mine is lodged on 23 sept

My visa is an RSMS 857 from an ETA country it was Lodged onshore at Parramatta.

If you are from a none ETA country then processing is about 7 months from date of lodgement,whereas ETA countries are approx 5 months as KD79UK lodged his 12th August and it was granted in January approx 5 months (onshore visa from ETA country)if you lodged from a none ETA country then it will be 23rd April when you meet your 7 month deadline.

As we are from an ETA country then our deadline is 5th April ,5 months from lodgement.

And maybe onshore are quicker than offshore?

Regards

Hi everyone im new to this even though ive been reading the forums for a while..im waiting as are all of us for my CO ....RSMS....only 2 months into my 5 month wait? ...is it worth having my MEDS & Police checks done while im sat around feeling useless....

Guest beedaman
Hi everyone im new to this even though ive been reading the forums for a while..im waiting as are all of us for my CO ....RSMS....only 2 months into my 5 month wait? ...is it worth having my MEDS & Police checks done while im sat around feeling useless....

Hi Shoni8, I have included the police checks in my application but not the medicals as it clearly states on the application and online not to do the medicals unless advised by your CO. However, it seems quite a few on this forum have submitted their medicals with the application and they seem to be ok with that. I will wait until I am asked to do my medicals, you might decide different. I dont know how long the medicals are valid for either.

Rgds

We have lodged onshore and have a migration agent, who advised us to do ours.I think but i am not sure that the medicals last 12 months.I would not like to tell you to do your medicals as they are not cheap and i wouldn't like you to have to pay out twice.You could always call DIAC and ask them?

Guest AnnaStu

After 8 months i finally have been allocated a CO! just received this e mail

The above-mentioned application is currently being processed by PSE case

officer Ms Caroline Sellanes, who will contact you in due course if

further information is required.

The service standards for processing ENS/ RSMS visas are:

5 months for ETA eligible passport holders; and

7 months for non-ETA eligible passport holders.

However, in practice, the processing officer will seek to finalise the

application as soon as practical. Lodging complete applications will

enable more prompt finalisation of assessment and decision.

finally some good news!

Guest Sunshinefreedom

finally some good news!

That is great news at last, I hope you get the right answer really soon. Didn't you have flights booked to come to Aus today? What did you do about that?

Good luck :biggrin:

finally some good news!

Congratulations on finally hearing some news hope you have a decision real quick :biggrin:

Guest AnnaStu
That is great news at last, I hope you get the right answer really soon. Didn't you have flights booked to come to Aus today? What did you do about that?

Good luck :biggrin:

Thank you...Yes we changed our flights on friday to the 28th of april so got an extra month and hope its enough time to get our visa. we going to travel laos and cambodia for a month!

Guest Sunshinefreedom
Thank you...Yes we changed our flights on friday to the 28th of april so got an extra month and hope its enough time to get our visa. we going to travel laos and cambodia for a month!

Awesome! Have a great time... you will have your visa in a month :yes:

Guest beedaman

I just found out that my nearest panel doctor is 95 miles away in Manchester and they are fully booked until halfway through May!! If there is anyone like me who is waiting for a CO to tell them to have their medical done it is probably wise to make an appointment asap to avoid any more delays.

Guest AnnaStu
Awesome! Have a great time... you will have your visa in a month :yes:

Thank you! i have contacted my CO asking about processing time and she said that my application is still under consideration and they will contact me with further developments!i thought it would be desicion ready once u have been contacted by CO? im stressed...

Guest johnbaguio
Thank you! i have contacted my CO asking about processing time and she said that my application is still under consideration and they will contact me with further developments!i thought it would be desicion ready once u have been contacted by CO? im stressed...

Hi Annastu,

When I lodged my visa app my CO contacted me asking to fill up my form 80 and send a police checks for both I and my wife's.After sending that,she took a month holiday and when she got back I send her an email asking about my visa app then I got a reply asking me to send her a "Positive skills assessment" which took me three months to wait for the sched to get my vetassess exam and now still waiting for the result.Just saying this to give you a heads up but we might be of a different case.

Cheers!

I just found out that my nearest panel doctor is 95 miles away in Manchester and they are fully booked until halfway through May!! If there is anyone like me who is waiting for a CO to tell them to have their medical done it is probably wise to make an appointment asap to avoid any more delays.

When we had our x-rays and kids medicals for the 457 visa we had ours done at a private hospital in Hull ! Thought i would post this link for you .

Private Australian visa medical service in Hull, Private Treatment or Surgery, East Yorkshire Spire Hospital.

Guest beedaman
When we had our x-rays and kids medicals for the 457 visa we had ours done at a private hospital in Hull ! Thought i would post this link for you .

Private Australian visa medical service in Hull, Private Treatment or Surgery, East Yorkshire Spire Hospital.

That's what I thought but it has all changed now. You can only use the panel doctors as mentioned on Immi's website. I even called Spire Hospital and they confirmed the same. They do medicals for New Zealand etc but not Australia.

Guest AnnaStu
Hi Annastu,

When I lodged my visa app my CO contacted me asking to fill up my form 80 and send a police checks for both I and my wife's.After sending that,she took a month holiday and when she got back I send her an email asking about my visa app then I got a reply asking me to send her a "Positive skills assessment" which took me three months to wait for the sched to get my vetassess exam and now still waiting for the result.Just saying this to give you a heads up but we might be of a different case.

Cheers!

omg! so how long have u actually been waiting since u lodged application?

why did they want u to do vetassess? i feel like they really looking for reasons not to grant it or to delay it...