RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

That's what I thought but it has all changed now. You can only use the panel doctors as mentioned on Immi's website. I even called Spire Hospital and they confirmed the same. They do medicals for New Zealand etc but not Australia.

For the UK that's really bad.Over here we had to travel 3 hrs to Townsville as the doctor who did them in Mackay was on Holiday and we needed to lodge before 457 ran out.Good luck anyhow whereabouts you moving too,if you get your visa?

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest johnbaguio
omg! so how long have u actually been waiting since u lodged application?

why did they want u to do vetassess? i feel like they really looking for reasons not to grant it or to delay it...

I lodged our application August 2011 so that makes 7mos. to date.

I front loaded my carpentry cert. III acquired overseas(Asia) but CO said it's not a skill accredited in Australia so she asked me to present her a positive skills assessment which is vetassess.I really felt that she is really looking for reasons my employer also felt this way and gave her a call asking to grant the visa due to the urgent need of our service but she still insisted asking for a skills assessment.One thing promising is that she told my employer that that's all she needs and she's happy I guess that's one good sign lol.

After hearing this I went ahead and gathered requirements for vetassess I completed my reqments in a week and I was so to the edge of giving up when I heard that schedule for the practical exam is not after three months plus the fee is also a head ache($2,100AUD).I just did my practical exam 16March2011 and still waiting for the result.

Hope the vet result is good and CO be satisfied with it:wideeyed:

Guest beedaman
For the UK that's really bad.Over here we had to travel 3 hrs to Townsville as the doctor who did them in Mackay was on Holiday and we needed to lodge before 457 ran out.Good luck anyhow whereabouts you moving too,if you get your visa?

Going to Cairns if my visa ever gets granted. Sick of waiting. I had a bit of a set back as Immi wanted further information from my future employer. This has taken a month to get them the extra paperwork. Fingers crossed I hear something soon..

Guest AnnaStu
I lodged our application August 2011 so that makes 7mos. to date.

I front loaded my carpentry cert. III acquired overseas(Asia) but CO said it's not a skill accredited in Australia so she asked me to present her a positive skills assessment which is vetassess.I really felt that she is really looking for reasons my employer also felt this way and gave her a call asking to grant the visa due to the urgent need of our service but she still insisted asking for a skills assessment.One thing promising is that she told my employer that that's all she needs and she's happy I guess that's one good sign lol.

After hearing this I went ahead and gathered requirements for vetassess I completed my reqments in a week and I was so to the edge of giving up when I heard that schedule for the practical exam is not after three months plus the fee is also a head ache($2,100AUD).I just did my practical exam 16March2011 and still waiting for the result.

Hope the vet result is good and CO be satisfied with it:wideeyed:

i think i would give up if they would ask me to do vetassess! mine has already been over 8 months and i only just got a case officer.

i hope they will be satisfied and u'll get ur visa soon...:wubclub:

Guest Paul1

I just found out that my nearest panel doctor is 95 miles away in Manchester and they are fully booked until halfway through May!! If there is anyone like me who is waiting for a CO to tell them to have their medical done it is probably wise to make an appointment asap to avoid any more delays

Hi, thanks for your post above, could you post the details for the practice you went to in Manchester. Could I also ask if you waited until you were asked by DIAC (or CO?) to get your meds done. My visa is a 119 off-shore, Processing started in late Nov, we will reach the 5 month mark at the end of April...still no word.

Regards

Paul

Guest johnbaguio
i think i would give up if they would ask me to do vetassess! mine has already been over 8 months and i only just got a case officer.

i hope they will be satisfied and u'll get ur visa soon...:wubclub:

Im under RSMS 119 visa and a carpenter.

I'm not sure if your skills is needing a vetassess and If it does Don't give up you are already there.:biggrin:

Going to Cairns if my visa ever gets granted. Sick of waiting. I had a bit of a set back as Immi wanted further information from my future employer. This has taken a month to get them the extra paperwork. Fingers crossed I hear something soon..

Have you been Cairns before? We went for a Holiday and loved it .About a 7 hour drive from us at Airlie beach.Good Luck with everything!

Guest beedaman

Hi Paul1,

Follow this link for panel doctors in the UK. United Kingdom – Panel Doctors

I have made an appointment in Birmingham for next week which was the quickest but not the nearest.Manchester was full until halfway through May already. I have been waiting 5+ months for a CO but still nothing so I have decided to book the medical anyway as it is difficult to get an appointment on short notice. I was also told that after the medical it takes them 12 days to process the paperwork at the medical center. By that time I hope to have heard something from immigration in Australia.

Good Luck

Guest beedaman
Have you been Cairns before? We went for a Holiday and loved it .About a 7 hour drive from us at Airlie beach.Good Luck with everything!

Hi Jilla411,

Yes I have been to Cairns, twice. 4 Years ago and last summer. Took the kids last year and had a great time. 7Hr drive hey, I suppose that is a short day trip in Australia! I thought once i could drive from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town in an afternoon, what a mistake that was! Maps are just not the same in these vast countries.

Guest Paul1
Hi Paul1,

Follow this link for panel doctors in the UK. United Kingdom – Panel Doctors

I have made an appointment in Birmingham for next week which was the quickest but not the nearest.Manchester was full until halfway through May already. I have been waiting 5+ months for a CO but still nothing so I have decided to book the medical anyway as it is difficult to get an appointment on short notice. I was also told that after the medical it takes them 12 days to process the paperwork at the medical center. By that time I hope to have heard something from immigration in Australia.

Good Luck

Thanks for the quick reply..if only immigration could be this easy. I am still sitting on the fence about getting my meds done before requested..but I feel myself slipping of the fence on this one. Sorry for the further questions...I'm sure your brain is just as fried as mine with this...but do you know if your meds are sent to you first..or straight to a DIAC centre?..and when you booked did anyone ask if you had been requested to do so?

sorry I think I'm loosing the plot

:wacko:

Thanks for the quick reply..if only immigration could be this easy. I am still sitting on the fence about getting my meds done before requested..but I feel myself slipping of the fence on this one. Sorry for the further questions...I'm sure your brain is just as fried as mine with this...but do you know if your meds are sent to you first..or straight to a DIAC centre?..and when you booked did anyone ask if you had been requested to do so?

sorry I think I'm loosing the plot

:wacko:

Hi Paul....well ive gone and done it! yes ive booked my meds for the end of may (Manchester) i recon that if all the info is there and my application is (decision ready) then there is no excuse but to grant me my visa!.......SOUNDS SIMPLE EH! :biggrin:

Guest beedaman

Hi paul1

The meds are sent to Sydney. they didn't ask about if I have been requested to do my medicals. Just about a TRn number which is for completing your medical application online if you have one.

Guest disneydebbie

Hi Everyone!

I've been following this particular thread on and off for a while now but never posted before. Firstly congratulations to all of you who have had your visas granted, you're all so lucky!! And thank you to everyone on here, I've learnt so much from you all.

I am currently on a 457 visa (have been for just over a year) and the nomination for my 857 visa was granted 14/03/11 :smile:. I'm currently running around getting things finalised so I can send in my final application, just waiting for UK police background checks to come back and I've got visa medicals booked for the end of the month so by the middle of May I should be ready to send the application in.

Up until now I haven't used a migration agent but I keep hearing about DRC's and sorry if I've missed this previously but can I get a MA to lodge an 857 visa application with a DRC for me or does it not apply to my visa/onshore visas?

I know it'll probably take 6 months to get a decision on this but after more than 3 years in the country on 3different visas I'm excited that I can finally see the end of the road to permanent migration!!!

Any help/advice anyone can give me on this would be much appreciated, again, sorry if this topic has already been covered!:wubclub:

Guest iraghuveer

inally finally got email from Immi requesting to leave the country to finalise the application.

time line :

119 offshore

Nomination and application :23/9/2010

date requested to leave country : 7/04/2010:smile::smile::smile:

inally finally got email from Immi requesting to leave the country to finalise the application.

time line :

119 offshore

Congratulations good luck !

Guest Star2K

Hi, I am a fan of this forum, and I have followed this thread for three months. I am also in the 857 applying queue, lodged on 29/10/11, and now assessing the sponsorship.

Happy to see the people who were approved, and encourage the people who are still waiting! good luck to everyone.

Guest AnnaStu

time line :

119 offshore

Congratulations!!!

Guest AnnaStu

Hi everyone,

still no news on my visa.been trying contact my case officer several times and all she said was: "your visa application is still under consideration"

i emailed my boss to ask him if he can try and contact them because maybe that will speed things up?!its soooooo frustrating.....

:arghh:

Guest beedaman
Hi everyone,

still no news on my visa.been trying contact my case officer several times and all she said was: "your visa application is still under consideration"

i emailed my boss to ask him if he can try and contact them because maybe that will speed things up?!its soooooo frustrating.....

:arghh:

My visa application must be on the same pile as yours. No news, but no CO either. Tried lots of things to keep busy and stop myself from thinking about it every day but so far no luck. Maybe its time to talk to Jack Daniels!!!!:twitcy:

Guest AnnaStu
My visa application must be on the same pile as yours. No news, but no CO either. Tried lots of things to keep busy and stop myself from thinking about it every day but so far no luck. Maybe its time to talk to Jack Daniels!!!!:twitcy:

haha:laugh:

Guest beedaman

I got the following info in an email after I asked for an update on my application. I did not get an answer on the status of my application yet !! I lodged on 25th Oct 2010 and have not been allocated a CO.

"We are currently allocating applications to case officers for assessment in the

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) which were received on 6 December 2010."

I got the following info in an email after I asked for an update on my application. I did not get an answer on the status of my application yet !! I lodged on 25th Oct 2010 and have not been allocated a CO.

"We are currently allocating applications to case officers for assessment in the

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) which were received on 6 December 2010."

That doesn't sound too good as you lodged in October !