RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

RSMS 119 Visa (off shore in UK) - Adding my timeline

Job Offer 8 Mar 10- Medical Administrator - Regional QLD

RCB approval 18 May 10

Post nomination to DIMA 25 May 10 (no response so far!)

Having lost patience:-

RSMS 119 Visa applied for 6 Aug 10

Front loaded PCCs and medicals (Paramatta)

Visa acknowledgement 10 Aug 10

Hoping for Case Officer soon (ever the optimist!)

Meadows73

Did you get any answers as to why you didnt here of nomination approval ?

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well come Sunday i need a midwives letter to fly , then i have 6 weeks after that until i cant fly atall.

If bubs arrives in uk we will then have a whole new kerfuffel of adding him to the visa, obtaining a passport getting medicals etc.

If we have recieved the visa before he arrives but are still in the uk i think thats worse, as i dont think he can be added to our visa after its been granted. and will have to have his own seperate child visa which will cost another $1735. im actually not sure how it works will need to investigate further.

Everything is getting a bit close for comfort now

Guest Sunshinefreedom
hi sunshinefreedom,

it has a commencement date and a 2 years term but doesnt state the end date. some agents say it might be after approval,but i think those apply to offshore. I'm onshore but dont have a qualifying visa so I have to apply for off-shore which is a stupid thing to begin with, onshore applying offshore... really stupid mechanism that immigration system has in place.. as im trapped in one of the bridging visa limbos. I'm currently onshore serving through my contract.. not much info anywhere relating to this 2 years contract stuff.

And a termination clause at any time, no probation period though.. does it help or makes matter worst? lol...

Hmm, I think I would be inclinded to ask them to extend it to say for example 'up to three years' or any similar statement which would cover you for two years from receipt of a visa grant. On the other hand, you may find the current one will be fine, I guess it depends if you want to risk a possible refusal on such a simple thing. Sorry I can't give you a definate answer, but I know I would have a chat to HR rather then risk it... good luck and keep us all posted.

Guest Rangerider33

I have just read in another forum that they have recieved this email from there Migration agents-

fingers crossed guys!

From the Director of program delivery DIAC Subject: Re-distribution of cases within the ENS/RSMS network

For some time the application rate for Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) and Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) has been to placing pressure on the Department's processing centres. In particular, as you are aware a large on-hand caseload has developed in the Parramatta (this is where i am at) processing centre.

We have been working on a new processing model which we believe will be sustainable in our current environment. We believe it is important that this new processing model contains incentives for agents to continue to lodge complete applications. I will be writing to you again soon to invite you to participate in the process we propose to run to identify and reward (in a processing time frame sense) decision ready applications (mine is decision ready).

The main purpose of this letter is to advise you of the potential for ENS/RSMS cases you might have with us in the Parramatta office to be moved within the processing network.

The intention of this re-distribution of cases is to provide a consistent service with respect to processing time frames for ENS/RSMS applicants. We therefore will be moving cases involving 1700 persons out of Parramatta to Perth and Melbourne.

We wish to make the decision around the movement of cases as straight forward as possible, for reasons of cost. So the intention is that the movement of cases will be random and spread over the entire queue, i.e. not one particular month or client/agent caseload.

As these cases are currently sitting unallocated in Parramatta's queue, it is anticipated that you will become aware of a cases movement when it is allocated to a case officer in Perth or Melbourne and they write to you advising that they are the case officer.

Thank-you for your continued support.

Guest Sears Family

Thought I'd add my pennies worth (while i'm waiting!)

Job offer 4/10

Step 1 (Employer approval) 27/5/10

Employer Approved 18/6/10

Step 2 (Position approval) 25/06/10

Sent off my application 12/07/10

Took the cash 24/07/10

Position approved 27/07/10

Now just waiting! Have not heard anything more... will keep you updated as it may help someone else in regard to rough times.

NB: I have found that the EMS & RSMS are priority 1&2 for processing so hope I wont be waiting too long!! Fingers x

Guest Frantastic

Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know for anyone who has lodged at melbourne, I received an email last week stating that for frontloaded applications they are working to a timescale of 4 weeks with a decision to be made shortly after (providing no further documents are required).

Guest johnbaguio

Hi All,

Here too is an RSMS visa applicant just lodge my application 25/08/2010 and the waiting begins.

Hoping to get a reply from my CO after 21 days as per SOP stated in the immi website.

Best of luck!

Guest Rangerider33
Hi All,

Here too is an RSMS visa applicant just lodge my application 25/08/2010 and the waiting begins.

Hoping to get a reply from my CO after 21 days as per SOP stated in the immi website.

Best of luck!

Hi John.

Thanks for the info.

What is the SOP?

Guest torren

Hi Everyone, just to let you know my visa was approved today. It was apparently only lodged on 7th July at Melbourne, so was pretty fast. Good luck to all of you, it looks like ENS visas are moving again.

Guest Rangerider33

Hi Torren!

Wow congrats! That is great news, so pleased for you!!!

Is that the first you heard from your case officer? so whats the plan now then? Bet your super happy.

Guest johnbaguio

Hi Torren,

Quote: Originally posted by Torren

Hi Everyone, just to let you know my visa was approved today. It was apparently only lodged on 7th July at Melbourne, so was pretty fast. Good luck to all of you, it looks like ENS visas are moving again.

Congrats! I'm so Happy for you.

Hi everyone, my 857 application was lodged 12th August, after waiting since beginning of Feb when empoloyer submitted application to regional for approval. Just hoping they stick to the 5-7 mth completion time line they sent in there letter. Means it shouldnt be more than a couple of months. Unfortunately Perth has said it has a big back log, sounds like you guys have been gettting your visas processed really quick. Do they always send you through a letter telling you your case officer before the grant the visa? Or do they just grant them sometimes? I know when I applied for my 457 it was done on the day I applied!! (The case office even waited for me to get back to my office to transfer the money over for the visa onto my credit card!, Wish I had her again!)

Good luck everyone :)

Guest torren

Hi, thanks everyone for the messages. The first I heard of my CO was yesterday when she asked me to send police certs. I'd already sent them but they were in the system somewhere. She emailed back this am to say she'd found them and attached my grant letter. Yes, I'm very happy. We're off to Darwin in November via New Zealand!! Rangerider-you shouldn't be far behind!

Guest Rangerider33
Hi, thanks everyone for the messages. The first I heard of my CO was yesterday when she asked me to send police certs. I'd already sent them but they were in the system somewhere. She emailed back this am to say she'd found them and attached my grant letter. Yes, I'm very happy. We're off to Darwin in November via New Zealand!! Rangerider-you shouldn't be far behind!

That's crazy! Just to think the day before you knew nothing. So they did the 2 steps all in one go? Say hello to Darwin for me, you won't get cold there! and Well Done again!

Guest torren

Hi Rangerider, no they did it seperately. See timeline below:

27/4 - job offer

13/5 - employer nomination submitted

10/6 - approved

28/6 - visa application lodged (Melbourne)

26/8 - granted!!!

Guest ericanto

Hi Guys

I am new to this forum. But thought I will put in my 2 cents worth.

Applying for 857/rsms

RCB application submitted : 02/08

RCB approval :10/08

Nomination sent to paramatta: 16/08

acknowledged : 17/08

Visa application : probably the next week.

Guest Rangerider33
Hi Guys

I am new to this forum. But thought I will put in my 2 cents worth.

Applying for 857/rsms

RCB application submitted : 02/08

RCB approval :10/08

Nomination sent to paramatta: 16/08

acknowledged : 17/08

Visa application : probably the next week.

Thanks for the info. We are lodged at the same office, did they give you any indication of processing time on your acknowledgment? Good luck keep us up to date! :biggrin:

Guest Rangerider33
We have just heard that our employer nomination was recieved on the 6th of August. Working on the premise ive seen that its taking roughly a month to approve nomination hopefully they will here something more this week.

all progress is good right!:smile:

Guest Sunshinefreedom

Congratulations Torren!

Doesn't it just make everyone wish they had been able to lodge at Melbourne:err:

Let's hope that the Parramatta backlog starts to move now too!

hi folkes,

can any of you guys help me,

im a hairdresser with a 176 ss wa sitting in cat 4 and i am thinking rsms might be the only way to go (havent got much hope for smp)

living in the regions would suit us better as far away from the city but still with close neighbours, so thats not a problem, i just havent got a clue how i go about getting it /sponsor????

do i get the job offer first, is it possible that each regional office will have a list of employers who are willing to sponsor:confused:

not sure where to go from here

appreciate any help

I dont know of any list of employers. What we did was join all the recruitment sites and get the daily emails from them. Also looking on the local newspaper sites and browsing the yellow pages.

We emailed everything that was suitable and got very lucky, looks like a great job for my oh in a fantastic area.

|Good luck

Guest ericanto
Thanks for the info. We are lodged at the same office, did they give you any indication of processing time on your acknowledgment? Good luck keep us up to date! :biggrin:

Hi Rangerider

No, they did not give me an indication of the processing time. Just a quickie..your signature says "waiting for CO".... has your nomination already been approved? How long did it take for the nomination to be approved at paramatta?