RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Hi Everyone

Just thought we would join the thread as we wait for our 187 Visa (DE).

We moved to Adelaide in September 2012 on a 457 visa but have been encouraged and assisted by my employer to get PR. We started the ball rolling at the end of March and the first 2 stages were completed relatively quickly. The Regional Certifying Body Advice was received within 3 weeks and the nomination was done within 2 weeks. We have since completed the third stage, the application and as we had a lot of the info required from the 457 visas (apart from medicals) that was submitted at the end of April. I guess we are just waiting for a case worker and then hopefully approval............ how long is a piece of string?

Any thoughts on time scales or eager to hear about other's experiences.

Thanks

Craig

Just had a letter from CO asking for a few extra things.

• Medicals for Kathleen (we had hoped we could use the one from the 457 - As a nurse this was the same as the 187 requirements)

• More info on de facto relationship (supplied things like UK mortgage statements, utility bills, Oz rental agreements, utility bills) - not sure what else to send

• Change of name (Kathleen's family adopted their step-dad's surname when she was young, we have supplied the UK deeds relating to that - unsure what else we can send?)

We have 28 days it says to supply these. Does that mean we should expect a decision not long after that? If so it's been very quick as we only started the process at the end of March.

Edited by KathleenandCraig

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thx I agree with you but the new owner might take over in two months , what if my Rsms file opens before that , Should I need to inform immigration about this,,or should I withdraw and go with 190,,thx

If new owner is buying whole business entity with same ABN , No problem. If old business ceases to exist and starting as new business you have to start all over again and it will be tough for new business to niminate.

As we all know, DIAC has been updating the eVisa portal over the weekend but it is now up and running again.

The status for my nomination and visa application still remain on "Application received" despite the fact that my CO has had my file for 7 1/2 weeks now...

However, something worth mentioning. For the first time since it was lodged back in September, when I log into either the nomination or visa application, it now states the following:

"The health examinations required for this applicant have not yet been determined. If health examinations are required, a link containing the details will be displayed when the applicant returns to this page."

I completed my visa medical at Medibank Solutions back in September. I had provided my MA with a copy of the receipt as evidence and to send to DIAC with the rest of my documents. To no surprise, my MA claimed to have uploaded the document, but it wasn't visible with the rest of them which to me is a clear indication that it wasn't successfully uploaded. Today, after seeing that message, I took the liberty of uploading the Medibank receipt myself and it is now listed in the attached documents for my application.

I'm hoping this is a sign that my CO is close to finalising my application and granting my visa! Bring on the new week with a new quota!

rsms 119 offshore

applied- 26 June 2012

received acknowledgement - 13 July 2012

case officer allotted 15 jan 2013

ca ask some business document

submit on 8 feb 2013

case officer again ask business doc 24 April 13

submit on 15 may 2013

Till now no response

Hi all ,

I got case officer on 10th June and

at 11am and 11.15 am he request me some docs need to resend.

i send all docs on 12th June till today no response.

I am wondering he took only 15min to chk my file and after that

It's almost 20 days no response.

Hi guys,

I lodged my nomination with Perth office on 28.6.2012, no response so far. On 17.3.2013 I lodged my visa as my current visa is running out, visa application is allocated to NSW office. Funny thing is I was requested more documents for visa today. I was under the impression that nomination has to be approved before processing visa application. Can anyone explain to me what's going on with my case? Shouldn't they assess my nomination first? Can I assume nomination is internally approved but not being released yet?

Hi guys,

I lodged my nomination with Perth office on 28.6.2012, no response so far. On 17.3.2013 I lodged my visa as my current visa is running out, visa application is allocated to NSW office. Funny thing is I was requested more documents for visa today. I was under the impression that nomination has to be approved before processing visa application. Can anyone explain to me what's going on with my case? Shouldn't they assess my nomination first? Can I assume nomination is internally approved but not being released yet?

It's a possibility that the nomination has been approved and the status hasn't been updated and you haven't been informed. Often the case officer that assesses the nomination is the same case officer that assess the visa application. Are you certain that the documents they have requested are related to the visa application and not the nomination? Either way, the fact that they are requesting further documentation is a good sign, as it tells you that they are actively working on your case. The nomination does have to be approved before the consider the visa application. Good luck!

G'day Guys

Can any help me out i bit worried to contact Diac coz i reckon if i do enquire about my nom and visa they might get aggro and might effect my application.

its been 8 weeks i submitted docs and its over 2 mth i got CO

Cheers

It's a possibility that the nomination has been approved and the status hasn't been updated and you haven't been informed. Often the case officer that assesses the nomination is the same case officer that assess the visa application. Are you certain that the documents they have requested are related to the visa application and not the nomination? Either way, the fact that they are requesting further documentation is a good sign, as it tells you that they are actively working on your case. The nomination does have to be approved before the consider the visa application. Good luck!

Thank SonicBlue82. I am pretty sure the requested documents are related to visa application as they require form 80 and overseas police clearance, and most important of all, the reference number is my visa file number, not my nomination file number. Finger corssed everything will be all right.

in may case, Co asked me for my employer nomination documents in the same time with my visa documents requirement. It not necessary if your nomination have been approved or not, but once you apply for visa, the immigration will ask you to fulfill all documents requirement.

Hi friends can anybody tell me can we apply two visa(PR) togethr that is both are diffrent subclasses ,,,190 and RSMS,,,or do we need to withdraw one...

I believe you can, but they will take the fees for both. And when one is issued you have to cancel the other application.

HI 187 Visa

How is your application going?

For my case, I sent all documents required by DIAC on June 20..so our timeline is quite the same. Still heard nothing from DIAC. So frustating

Hi all ,

I got case officer on 10th June and

at 11am and 11.15 am he request me some docs need to resend.

i send all docs on 12th June till today no response.

I am wondering he took only 15min to chk my file and after that

It's almost 20 days no response.

HI 187 Visa

How is your application going?

For my case, I sent all documents required by DIAC on June 20..so our timeline is quite the same. Still heard nothing from DIAC. So frustating

Hi, rania still wating nothing happens last few days . even did not hear any

One who got approval last week. This waiting killing us ...........,...:frown:

Hi Llee1234,

Did you mean you lodged your visa 21st June 2013? My visa is approved. I was only lucky that the CO who advised me to withdraw my first application considered processing my 2nd visa application when I sent her an email. If not, my new application would be placed at the bottom of the pile and wait six months before I can start following up my application. I've been on a 457visa for the past three years and it might had helped expedite the process verifying documents.

187 NOM lodged: 19-Feb-12

187 VISA lodged: 27-Nov-12

187 NOM Approved: 20-Dec-12

187 VISA withdrawn: 10-May-13

IELTS Exam: 25-May-13

IELTS Result: 07-Jun-13

187 VISA lodged: 07-Jun-13

187 VISA Approved: 13-Jun-13

Hi hrbrt372,

Can I pls ask has ur pr been granted yet? I lodged my visa application on 21 July 2013 with decision ready and nomination has been approved, just wondering about the approximate timeline

thanks

Hi hrbrt372,

What was you visa when you withdrawn your 187 visa application?

Hi Llee1234,

Did you mean you lodged your visa 21st June 2013? My visa is approved. I was only lucky that the CO who advised me to withdraw my first application considered processing my 2nd visa application when I sent her an email. If not, my new application would be placed at the bottom of the pile and wait six months before I can start following up my application. I've been on a 457visa for the past three years and it might had helped expedite the process verifying documents.

G'day Guys

Can any help me out i bit worried to contact Diac coz i reckon if i do enquire about my nom and visa they might get aggro and might effect my application.

its been 8 weeks i submitted docs and its over 2 mth i got CO

Cheers

It is quite normal, nothing to worry.

Hi hrbrt372,

Thanks for your reply

Was that the same CO who processed your nomination and visa application? Did you applied with decision ready?

I applied my nomination and visa separately and am afraid that I have to wait for another 6 mths

Hi Llee1234,

Hi Llee1234,

It was a different CO. I was caught up with the july '12 changes. The nomination was based on the old system and was assessed by a different group of CO. I actually tried to convince her to process my visa application but she declined.

It wasn't decision ready. I was told the same thing while I was waiting for my Nomination approval. They said the 6mo. processing timeframe is separate for the nomination and visa approval. It took my Nomination 11mo. to get approved and my 1st visa application 5mo. from lodging ...only to get withdrawn and $3k gone. =x

There's a big probability that the CO who assess your nomination will also be the one assessing your visa application. It would be ideal to send her an email just to inform her your TRN for the visa application and wait if the tides are on your side. Good luck!!! =D

Hi hrbrt372,

Thanks for your reply

Was that the same CO who processed your nomination and visa application? Did you applied with decision ready?

I applied my nomination and visa separately and am afraid that I have to wait for another 6 mths

Thank you so much for your information

cheers

Hi Llee1234,

It was a different CO. I was caught up with the july '12 changes. The nomination was based on the old system and was assessed by a different group of CO. I actually tried to convince her to process my visa application but she declined.

It wasn't decision ready. I was told the same thing while I was waiting for my Nomination approval. They said the 6mo. processing timeframe is separate for the nomination and visa approval. It took my Nomination 11mo. to get approved and my 1st visa application 5mo. from lodging ...only to get withdrawn and $3k gone. =x

There's a big probability that the CO who assess your nomination will also be the one assessing your visa application. It would be ideal to send her an email just to inform her your TRN for the visa application and wait if the tides are on your side. Good luck!!! =D

Hi guys,

I'm starting to get back to a very annoyed and stressed out state regarding my application. In one weeks' time it will have been 10 months since my nomination and visa were lodged at Melbourne (non-DRC). It will also be 2 months since my CO was allocated.

How could it possibly take 2 months to assess a bloody nomination and visa application? He's made no contact with my MA or employer. But when we did enquire about it with him way back in May, he said to sit back and relax! How much longer is he going to drag this out for!? I'm having trouble resisting the urge to contact him again. Thoughts?? Or should I contact my MA and insist that he follows up with the CO?