2 months gone Till now no response

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys,

I'm starting to get back to a very annoyed and stressed out state regarding my application. In one weeks' time it will have been 10 months since my nomination and visa were lodged at Melbourne (non-DRC). It will also be 2 months since my CO was allocated.

How could it possibly take 2 months to assess a bloody nomination and visa application? He's made no contact with my MA or employer. But when we did enquire about it with him way back in May, he said to sit back and relax! How much longer is he going to drag this out for!? I'm having trouble resisting the urge to contact him again. Thoughts?? Or should I contact my MA and insist that he follows up with the CO?

Hi Sonicblue,

Unfortunately it seems that they can allocate multiple applications to a CO at the same time. It may be that your case officer had 10 new files handed to him on the same day, and yours had the bad luck of being at the bottom of the pile. It's very bad luck, but it seems to happen often enough.

I would check in with MA to see if they've heard anything, but I doubt contacting the CO will accomplish much. Best of luck & hang in there.

Hi guys,

I'm starting to get back to a very annoyed and stressed out state regarding my application. In one weeks' time it will have been 10 months since my nomination and visa were lodged at Melbourne (non-DRC). It will also be 2 months since my CO was allocated.

How could it possibly take 2 months to assess a bloody nomination and visa application? He's made no contact with my MA or employer. But when we did enquire about it with him way back in May, he said to sit back and relax! How much longer is he going to drag this out for!? I'm having trouble resisting the urge to contact him again. Thoughts?? Or should I contact my MA and insist that he follows up with the CO?

It's a really hard one. It does seem crazy that this far from being allocated you have still heard nothing. But your co seems to be one of the less reasonable ones, so to contact or not is very hard.

Are you on a bridging visa? I wonder if it is worth being a bit sneaky and telling him that you are planning a trip in a couple of months out of the country, and just wondered if you should be applying for bridging visa B, or if it is likely to be done by then?

Hi Sonicblue,

Unfortunately it seems that they can allocate multiple applications to a CO at the same time. It may be that your case officer had 10 new files handed to him on the same day, and yours had the bad luck of being at the bottom of the pile. It's very bad luck, but it seems to happen often enough.

I would check in with MA to see if they've heard anything, but I doubt contacting the CO will accomplish much. Best of luck & hang in there.

Any one who got co officer more than three weeks and no response . I got case officer 4 week ago till today no response

Hi Sonicblue,

Yeah I've always wondered how many files a case officer has at any given point in time... Who knows! But I think it is absolutely ridiculous that it would take 2 months for a case officer to assess a nomination and visa application, even if he/she has other files they're working on. Mine for example, he has not so much as breathed a word to my migration agent or employer. I know for fact that there are no other documents he could possibly request as EVERYTHING has been provided... So for a case that has everything needed and the applicant being from a low-risk country, I just don't understand what gives??? It's sooooo frustrating!

It's a really hard one. It does seem crazy that this far from being allocated you have still heard nothing. But your co seems to be one of the less reasonable ones, so to contact or not is very hard.

Are you on a bridging visa? I wonder if it is worth being a bit sneaky and telling him that you are planning a trip in a couple of months out of the country, and just wondered if you should be applying for bridging visa B, or if it is likely to be done by then?

Yes exactly ... when my employer spoke to the CO on the phone about 1 1/2 months ago he didn't think very highly of him as the CO was very vague and wouldn't really give any information at all... We haven't been informed of the CO being on holidays or anything like that, so I just don't know what to make of this...

I've been on a BVB since October, as I went overseas to visit family. The BVB that I'm on now doesn't allow to me to travel now though, so if I did actually want to travel again I would have to obtain a new BVB. But I know what you're saying... it's a good idea.

But......... I already decided to bite the bullet and reuqest that my MA contact my CO. I e-mailed my MA yesterday morning. I was pretty blunt and straight to the point without fuffing around. I stated the facts of how long it's been for this and that, requested that he contact my CO and what my expectations are as to what he finds out from the CO and then to report his findings back to my employer and myself. My MA has been useless. It may sound a bit harsh, but he needs to do his freakin job! I told him I look forward to a response from him no later than Friday, so we'll see what happens........... To date I do not believe my MA has spoken to the CO so I think after 7 weeks it is a reasonable request for him to make contact.

Yes exactly ... when my employer spoke to the CO on the phone about 1 1/2 months ago he didn't think very highly of him as the CO was very vague and wouldn't really give any information at all... We haven't been informed of the CO being on holidays or anything like that, so I just don't know what to make of this...

I've been on a BVB since October, as I went overseas to visit family. The BVB that I'm on now doesn't allow to me to travel now though, so if I did actually want to travel again I would have to obtain a new BVB. But I know what you're saying... it's a good idea.

But......... I already decided to bite the bullet and reuqest that my MA contact my CO. I e-mailed my MA yesterday morning. I was pretty blunt and straight to the point without fuffing around. I stated the facts of how long it's been for this and that, requested that he contact my CO and what my expectations are as to what he finds out from the CO and then to report his findings back to my employer and myself. My MA has been useless. It may sound a bit harsh, but he needs to do his freakin job! I told him I look forward to a response from him no later than Friday, so we'll see what happens........... To date I do not believe my MA has spoken to the CO so I think after 7 weeks it is a reasonable request for him to make contact.

Just a heads up for those on a bridging visa waiting for a decision: it is my understanding that if you are refused a visa and do not hold another substantive visa, you cannot make a further application for a visa onshore. I.e. if you are refused your PR for whatever reason while on a bridging visa, you will have to leave Australia to apply for any further visas (as per section 48 of the Migration Act).

Bridging visa b reverts back to automatically to an A three months after being issued (so the bloke who issued by bridging visa b told me). Could have been a cunning plan lol.

Interesting they told you this! My BVB did not revert back to a BVA after 3 months. Still on a BVB several months later. That is what it shows in VEVO. I remember asking the person down at immi SA if I had to apply for a BVA when I returned from my travels and he said no. Ah well whatever lol

Just a heads up for those on a bridging visa waiting for a decision: it is my understanding that if you are refused a visa and do not hold another substantive visa, you cannot make a further application for a visa onshore. I.e. if you are refused your PR for whatever reason while on a bridging visa, you will have to leave Australia to apply for any further visas (as per section 48 of the Migration Act).

That is a bit scary... I mean I'm still confident that I will get my visa, but if for whatever reason... Although if your visa is not approved, you still have 28 days on your bridging visa to either leave the country or make an appeal to the decision on your application. I could only assume that if you appeal the decision that you can remain in the country until a decision is made...

Accountant...and I am from HR country. how about you?

Retai manager HR country from Perth center . It's seems people who are nominated like hairdresser , chef, or beaker got there

visa without any delay. One of my friend got PR 119 visa any confirmation from DIAC.

Retai manager HR country from Perth center . It's seems people who are nominated like hairdresser , chef, or beaker got there

visa without any delay. One of my friend got PR 119 visa any confirmation from DIAC.

The longest waiting people I have seen so far are chefs. Not all, and probably because there are far more people applying as chefs, but they certainly are not all getting an easy ride.

The longest waiting people I have seen so far are chefs. Not all, and probably because there are far more people applying as chefs, but they certainly are not all getting an easy ride.

Hi,

Today I call my MA and he told me my case officer only work 3 days a week is this possible

Hi Samra1 ,

May I know your timeline please. I think case officer work different department in immigration office and work

few days as case officer. Blossom I wish to know your view.

Thanks

A guy did post a few months ago about a friend of his who was a case officer. He didn't mention them moving to different things through the week, but who knows.

Out of interest, the co's who people have been told they only do a couple of days a week, are they female? Just wondering if it is because they have a family and have cut their hours to part time?

Hi Samra1 ,

May I know your timeline please. I think case officer work different department in immigration office and work

few days as case officer. Blossom I wish to know your view.

Thanks

Mine is different 119 13june 2012 as a cook in Perth.

HI Blossom

I am stressed its been 9 weeks i send the docs for nom. last week My Ma did follow up about case and got reply that they recieved my doc and will have to review the case. what u reckon they are working on file or just a reply

cheers