RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Thanx for replying blossom Since when was this policy in effect because i applied for rsms on 30th may :wacko:and two year work experience can be volunteer or it has to be full time paid

Yes, it seems there has been a change requiring two years work experience. There is a link a couple of pages back.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have a look back for the link. I think it was mid may.

And last I heard immigration were refusing volunteer work unless it was for a registered charity as so many employers were taking advantage of people who needed the work experience for visas.

You can send an email to the processing centre about your situation and the least they can do is issue you a bridging visa whilst your application is pending.

its going to be a year next week, hasn't heard anything from immi. they haven't even approved my nomination. my employer personally wrote an email to immi yesterday to do something about it as my current visa is expiring in the end of june. i have kinda given up but my employer making every possible effort to get some good news. already booked my ticked to go, however, waiting for a miracle to take place.

But blossom i have been going through DIAC website from last couple of weeks but i couldn't find anything related to RSMS policy change so from were you guys got this info??

Have a look back for the link. I think it was mid may.

And last I heard immigration were refusing volunteer work unless it was for a registered charity as so many employers were taking advantage of people who needed the work experience for visas.

Yea I had already checked that link its some dlegal website which is not DIAC's website and they also referred to check on comm law website which has got no information aswell so i don't know from where they got this info.

Read back a few pages on THIS THREAD and someone has kindly posted a link. Click it.

deep sandhu. i understand ur concern.i went to see migration agent yesterday and he printed the whole new policy for me which states that for example cert 3,4 and diploma of hospitality will require 2 years full time work experience is sponsored as cook.i know it is totally unfair as if pplz hv 2 years experience they wd go for ens not for rsms as they wd hv to move to regional areas...... and typical Australian 485 graduate only have 1.5 year to gain experience.so at this stage u might be asked for experience. tc 22g

Yea I had already checked that link its some dlegal website which is not DIAC's website and they also referred to check on comm law website which has got no information aswell so i don't know from where they got this info.

The comm law website will have information on it (as it is the actual laws), it is just a case of trawling through the migration act to find it. Thankfully the link which hopeless has provided from their migration agent tells you the exact section in the law to find it. The comm law web site is pretty hard to follow often, being all legal jargon, which is why the agents sum it up rather than just providing a link.

Edited by blossom

I work as motor mechanic in Toyota delearship & i got my Tra assessed for that i had already worked 900 hrs as a trainee motor mechanic nd now m wrking as full time from last 23 months(excluding 900 hrs)because i was not aware of this policy change i lodged my visa application on 30th may this year so now m worried should i withdraw my case nd will i get my visa fees back or just let it go?

deep sandhu. i understand ur concern.i went to see migration agent yesterday and he printed the whole new policy for me which states that for example cert 3,4 and diploma of hospitality will require 2 years full time work experience is sponsored as cook.i know it is totally unfair as if pplz hv 2 years experience they wd go for ens not for rsms as they wd hv to move to regional areas...... and typical Australian 485 graduate only have 1.5 year to gain experience.so at this stage u might be asked for experience. tc 22g

I work as motor mechanic in Toyota delearship & i got my Tra assessed for that i had already worked 900 hrs as a trainee motor mechanic nd now m wrking as full time from last 23 months(excluding 900 hrs)because i was not aware of this policy change i lodged my visa application on 30th may this year so now m worried should i withdraw my case nd will i get my visa fees back or just let it go?

I would hope they would take the 900 hours into consideration as it used to be enough for a positive skills assessment on its own! You were only one month short, so fingers crossed you will be ok. It might be worth consulting an agent as to if you would be better off holding out or just reapplying.

Hi, PR Granted after 12m:biggrin::biglaugh:

Timeline for us -

28 Jun 2012 - RCB

28 Jun 2012 - 857 Visa Application submitted in Perth

Jul 2012 - acknowledgment letter

May 2013 - email from Co for some additional document (form 80 ,police clearance )

12 jun 2013 - PR Visa granted

Thanks to everyone for good info in this forum specially thanks to blossom

Good luck :wubclub:

Hello Deep Sandhu I am wondering from the link given few posts before its says unannounced policy so if its unannounced how they gonna apply on visa , applied on 11 April my MA never told me anything about this.

Edited by blossom
Fixing quote

Hello Deep Sandhu I am wondering from the link given few posts before its says unannounced policy so if its unannounced how they gonna apply on visa , applied on 11 April my MA never told me anything about this.

It will only apply to visas applied for after that date.

As i have already told you guys my RCB was not even cleared & worst part theyvdidn't even told reason for being unsuccessful my manager & ma both tried to chase the reason but no luck but anyhow coz i had positive thought so i applied visa application but still I m trying to chase the reason and still getting no were..

I would hope they would take the 900 hours into consideration as it used to be enough for a positive skills assessment on its own! You were only one month short, so fingers crossed you will be ok. It might be worth consulting an agent as to if you would be better off holding out or just reapplying.

Hi, PR Granted after 12m:biggrin::biglaugh:

Timeline for us -

28 Jun 2012 - RCB

28 Jun 2012 - 857 Visa Application submitted in Perth

Jul 2012 - acknowledgment letter

May 2013 - email from Co for some additional document (form 80 ,police clearance )

12 jun 2013 - PR Visa granted

Thanks to everyone for good info in this forum specially thanks to blossom

Good luck :wubclub:

Congraz....u r lucky ...I have applied my visa on same date 28th June .. Rsms 119 visa subclass and got co on 9th 0f April but still din heard nothing ... Applied in paramatta ...

Hello NGP yea that's what catching my attention if it is unannounced then how they can put in effect even i apied on 30th may 2013 & my ma told me nothing about it even though they say it was in effect from 15 th may?? Confused

Your migration agent should have been on this. It isn't sounding too good for you though without a positive rcb.

My ma is helpless said can't do anything about it coz RCB is independent body so i rang DIAC and they gave one fax no. Telling ask my manager to fax your concern and DIAC will get back soon to employer it's been like more than two weeks since we faxed the concern but still heard nothing..is there anything tha can be done to chase (-ve)reason

Your migration agent should have been on this. It isn't sounding too good for you though without a positive rcb.

Even excluding the rcb thing, your agent should have known about the change in work experience requirement, it is his job to keep up to date on all the laws, and stopped you applying.

I am still really surprised that they didn't give you a reason. What did your agent suggest doing to try to pass it?

I was told it all depend on co i still applied decision ready because it was told by diac that still my workplace will get one chance to clear/prove if in case co needs more documents but anyhow i m still trying my best to chase the reason of -ve outcome if anyone out there can help me with what else can be done please reply,will be much appreciated.Thanx

Even excluding the rcb thing, your agent should have known about the change in work experien"