RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

So sorry to hear that. :(

I agree with blossom and move2, to buy time, try 457. You should also consult an immigration lawyer too.

Your other option is apply for new 187 visa with new employer if still eligible like English etc. But you have to go through the whole proles again. Like Blossom mentioned you can try 457 for buying some time for this.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You mean I need to start new application in new rules can show other employer in this or not?yes I am eligible for 457 but after June rules may be change.

Plan everything so new rules don't effect you. Regarding the file info DIAC, have all the info and details.

Edited by Move2

Plan everything so new rules don't effect you. Regarding the file info DIAC, have all the info and details.

Thanks to all of my friends for help me. This Blog really helpful me and give strength for new direction, but i have overall 6 band not in each for RSMS have anyone have any experience abou 457 is it strict or still they giving, i afraid for new step b'coz this is my last chance.i finish cookery and also business management so, if Gloria jean coffee can i work as manager is suitable or not? Anyone know any MA who is like best means helpful.

Thanks to all of my friends for help me. This Blog really helpful me and give strength for new direction, but i have overall 6 band not in each for RSMS have anyone have any experience abou 457 is it strict or still they giving, i afraid for new step b'coz this is my last chance.i finish cookery and also business management so, if Gloria jean coffee can i work as manager is suitable or not? Anyone know any MA who is like best means helpful.

For 457 you need ILETS score 5 in each. So far nothing changed, JUly 1 will be effective for any change.

Your employer have to registered for valid sponsor for 457 which takes few weeks.

Your occupation should be on list

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/sol/

Hi blossom someone told if you are tafe student to apply rsms you have to have 2 years experience otherwise you are not able to get visa. I am not sure it is true or not

It certainly isn't true for the old rsms visa. The new one, they might mean that you need to do the job ready programme. (Which is about 18 months all up), but I actually thought they said Australian qualifications didn't require a skills assessment.

I will have a good look over it tonight, but I would be very surprised if that was the case as the 485 is only 18 months for trades. You never know though, they do like to slam that door in students faces.

Hi,

i am new here, but m regular visitors if this site .. Actually m in really frustrating situation ..I haf applied rsms visa 119 on 28th of June 2012 ... After such a long diac send an email saying that they have allocated case officer .. On 9th if April 2013 frm that day j haven't heard nothing frm any one nor frm case office m totally blind dun know where and where r the case been going and wats happening there .. And when it gonna came out wit decision. .. Sucha big frustrating .. And nor my Ma told me any thing all the time I aske him jus give me ready made answer he have remind to my case office about the file but he din got any response .. And finally I talk wit my owner he said that case officer asked him to send some document .. But he had send that already been 4 weeks .. Today as he said .. But still in dark dosent know wat u will happen ..

Hi blossom someone told if you are tafe student to apply rsms you have to have 2 years experience otherwise you are not able to get visa. I am not sure it is true or not

Right, I've had a good read:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-187/

This is for the new rsms visa.

This is from the direct entry section, which is the one you would go for if you haven't been working for them for two years on a 457 visa.

Skills requirements:

have your skills assessed by the relevant assessing authority if you are nominated as a tradesperson and obtained your qualifications outside Australia

So no, if you studied at tafe it is the one time you DO NOT need a skills assessment. There is nothing at all saying you must have worked for two years unless you are applying under the transitional stream. And to be able to apply for that you must have been on the 457 (or nz persons visa), so for most of us we wouldn't go for that one.

Whoever told you that seems to have got the two steams confused.

Right, I've had a good read:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-187/

This is for the new rsms visa.

This is from the direct entry section, which is the one you would go for if you haven't been working for them for two years on a 457 visa.

Skills requirements:

have your skills assessed by the relevant assessing authority if you are nominated as a tradesperson and obtained your qualifications outside Australia

So no, if you studied at tafe it is the one time you DO NOT need a skills assessment. There is nothing at all saying you must have worked for two years unless you are applying under the transitional stream. And to be able to apply for that you must have been on the 457 (or nz persons visa), so for most of us we wouldn't go for that one.

Whoever told you that seems to have got the two steams confused.

Hi blossom79,

My 187 application was lodged under the direct entry stream and I did not undergo a skills assessment, as I am not being nominated as a tradesperson. I'm quite certain that it wasn't a requirement for me. I obtained my qualifications back in Canada and have a few years of experience under my belt in my occupation. Do you think otherwise from your understanding with the new 187 guidelines?

Hi,

i am new here, but m regular visitors if this site .. Actually m in really frustrating situation ..I haf applied rsms visa 119 on 28th of June 2012 ... After such a long diac send an email saying that they have allocated case officer .. On 9th if April 2013 frm that day j haven't heard nothing frm any one nor frm case office m totally blind dun know where and where r the case been going and wats happening there .. And when it gonna came out wit decision. .. Sucha big frustrating .. And nor my Ma told me any thing all the time I aske him jus give me ready made answer he have remind to my case office about the file but he din got any response .. And finally I talk wit my owner he said that case officer asked him to send some document .. But he had send that already been 4 weeks .. Today as he said .. But still in dark dosent know wat u will happen ..

It is very frustrating indeed :(

I don't recall seeing any RSMS visas being granted lately, and I think there are a few of us on here who have a CO assigned and are in limbo just waiting... There has been some speculations about the possibility of a quota for the RSMS visas. I'm starting to wonder if maybe this is true? Maybe that's why all of us with CO's haven't had our visas granted? Maybe they are waiting until July 1 when this supposed quota resets? I don't know........ I'm just so tired of waiting. I'm frustrated and it's really doing my head in. The only news I've received from my CO was on Friday when I was told that he hadn't finalised his assessment of the nomination, which means he hasn't begun to assess the visa application. I just wish this horrible wait would come to and end and he would just grant my visa :(

Hi,

Hi App

i read ur all story bro I am also in same boat as I got co in march she asked some business documents

as my owner have submitted the all documents in April

from April to till date I didn't here'd anything from co I am also freusted but my friend told me immi has finished their quata . May god will give us gift in July

thanks

OK so after reading up a bit on the DIAC website, it appears that there is, in fact, a quota. For the 2012-2013 year, DIAC has designated 190,000 permanent visas and of that 190,000, the RSMS visas get 16,000. So the question is... have they reached their quota 16,000 visas for the year already?

But then I found an interesting read on the DIAC Facebook page...

Someone posted the following back in August 2012:

" I just want to raise a question that all visa applicants are waiting to ask: if the 2012 quota for RSMS has already been reached, how can the RSMS DRC visa applications that have been submitted during the last weeks of June be affected? (Most haven't even received acknowledgement letters yet) Will these applications wait for next year's quota before they are even considered? Some visas filed last June 29 have already been receipted, does this mean that applications are picked by random while the others are waiting in line? Please enlighten us. We know that it is not easy but waiting is even harder to wait..patience is a virtue alright but..... More power to you guys....thank you... "

And the response from DIAC was:

"the department's program year is the same as the financial year (that is, it runs from 1 July to 30 June). Therefore, applications submitted before 30 June 2012 that haven't been decided yet will be included - if a visa is granted - in the 2012-13 program year."

So the way I interpret this is that is suggests that applications lodged prior to June 30 will be included included in the current years' quota. So my application for example was lodged in September 2012. If I understand this correctly, it should be granted in the 2012-2013 department's program year. Since that ends at the end of June, hopefully my visa will be granted by then???

Hi blossom79,

My 187 application was lodged under the direct entry stream and I did not undergo a skills assessment, as I am not being nominated as a tradesperson. I'm quite certain that it wasn't a requirement for me. I obtained my qualifications back in Canada and have a few years of experience under my belt in my occupation. Do you think otherwise from your understanding with the new 187 guidelines?

Answered my own question :)

No skill assessment is required unless it is for skill level 3 trade occupations...

"Applicants who apply for an RSMS visa through the Direct Entry stream will have access to a broader range of eligible occupations at the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) skill level one to three. They will be required to show they have qualifications and skills that are relevant to their nominated occupation. Qualification and skill requirements will be determined by ANZSCO. 227ANZSCO skill level 3 trade occupations who have an overseas trade qualification will need to have their skills assessed by the relevant assessing authority."

Also,

Will RSMS visa applicants have to undertake a skills assessment? B

The bulk of RSMS visa applicants will not need a skills assessment.

Edited by SonicBlue82

"the department's program year is the same as the financial year (that is' date=' it runs from 1 July to 30 June). Therefore, applications submitted before 30 June 2012 that haven't been decided yet will be included - if a visa is granted - in the 2012-13 program year."So the way I interpret this is that is suggests that applications lodged prior to June 30 will be included included in the current years' quota. So my application for example was lodged in September 2012. If I understand this correctly, it [i']should[/i] be granted in the 2012-2013 department's program year. Since that ends at the end of June, hopefully my visa will be granted by then???

Sonic

All yearly numbers are RSMS grants in that year.

This issue was discussed long time ago on this site. If I recall correctly on July 1, 2012 there were about 6000 applications in pipeline from year additional roughly 18000 came in 2011-2012+DRC applications which received after July 2012 (+regular applications which will roll in every month), So rough guess comes to, 30.0000+ in pipeline in RSMS.

9000 RSMS applications were received in last week of June-2012, It depends where you stand in line.

29 June got 4000 applications alone so you can guess. Normal rate of processing is about 1400 applications a month.

Allocations for year ending June 30 is 16,000 so rest more than 30,000-16000=15000+ (minus 15 % rejections) will also face same delay as now. So no relief is expected next year without allocation increase.

Only good news is come July new allocation, lot of visa will be issued.

Next guess is if you apply June 2013 NON DRC ( particularly MEL) the decision may be delayed till July 2014 without any changes.Next year, Diac will only be able to clear the backlog from this year.

Hope it clear some doubt. Not a great news but darn reality.

Edited by blossom
Fixing quote

Hi App

i read ur all story bro I am also in same boat as I got co in march she asked some business documents

as my owner have submitted the all documents in April

from April to till date I didn't here'd anything from co I am also freusted but my friend told me immi has finished their quata . May god will give us gift in July

thanks

Hope so ....now m jus waiting their stupid decision co it's been already so long ..and I can't even make any decision about future and even plan for upcoming days .. It's better for me at least they gave me decision .. Really so frustrating man....

It is very frustrating indeed :(

I don't recall seeing any RSMS visas being granted lately, and I think there are a few of us on here who have a CO assigned and are in limbo just waiting... There has been some speculations about the possibility of a quota for the RSMS visas. I'm starting to wonder if maybe this is true? Maybe that's why all of us with CO's haven't had our visas granted? Maybe they are waiting until July 1 when this supposed quota resets? I don't know........ I'm just so tired of waiting. I'm frustrated and it's really doing my head in. The only news I've received from my CO was on Friday when I was told that he hadn't finalised his assessment of the nomination, which means he hasn't begun to assess the visa application. I just wish this horrible wait would come to and end and he would just grant my visa :(

Sorry, I meant if you studied at tafe that was the one time (as a trades person) you don't need a skills assessment. :-)

Hi blossom I have one question is there any work limitation in 857 actually I got 1 job can I do on causal base with my permananet job

Do you mean extra to your sponsored job? I'm not actually sure on that one. For the 457 visa it is a definite no, but really not sure on this one.

Hello blossom and move2

i just want to know as I am waiting from April since I got co

I have done everything just want to know

wait is worth or same thing as all applications

my friend told me those people are in waiting list that who will get pr defiantly.

It is true

Hello blossom and move2

my friend told me those people are in waiting list that who will get pr defiantly.

It is true

Hey hardy ....lets hope ur fren is true ...

Hello blossom and move2

It is true

No, that is not true. The longest we have had anyone wait on this thread so far is 15 months. At which time their visa was refused.

Hi Everyone

Just thought we would join the thread as we wait for our 187 Visa (DE).

We moved to Adelaide in September 2012 on a 457 visa but have been encouraged and assisted by my employer to get PR. We started the ball rolling at the end of March and the first 2 stages were completed relatively quickly. The Regional Certifying Body Advice was received within 3 weeks and the nomination was done within 2 weeks. We have since completed the third stage, the application and as we had a lot of the info required from the 457 visas (apart from medicals) that was submitted at the end of April. I guess we are just waiting for a case worker and then hopefully approval............ how long is a piece of string?

Any thoughts on time scales or eager to hear about other's experiences.

Thanks

Craig

Just heard from ma that my mrt has been finalizes off course negative result as expected. My rsms 119 hasn't been processed yet so really in dilemma what to do . Going to see ma today to find out my options. I wish I could buy some time until my rsms visa get some sort of result..