RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Hi blossom

I have applied rsms 119 on june 28 2012.still no co.nw my employer is saying he might close down the business.

I have been working for the company for last 4 years.

Can you please suggest wat can i do??

Request your employer if he can keep open until decision and try to find another job in same region.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So blossom after my pr approval if my employers closes down the business wat can i do??

If this happens you have done everything in your power to stay in the job, so you would be fine as long as you find another job in the same field in regional Australia. However, as coolsurdian1 found out this week, if immigration find out before hand then they won't issue the visa.

I mean,how does imma know we are still in position or not?

Well, part of the visa conditions are that you AND your employer are supposed to inform immigration if anything changes in that two years.

Currently if nobody told them, they wouldn't know. They announced not long ago that immigration and the tax office were going to be working together to check that people were sticking to their visa conditions etc. That currently doesn't include the rsms, but in my opinion it is only a matter of time.

If this happens you have done everything in your power to stay in the job, so you would be fine as long as you find another job in the same field in regional Australia. However, as coolsurdian1 found out this week, if immigration find out before hand then they won't issue the visa.

Thanks so much blossom

Well, part of the visa conditions are that you AND your employer are supposed to inform immigration if anything changes in that two years.

Currently if nobody told them, they wouldn't know. They announced not long ago that immigration and the tax office were going to be working together to check that people were sticking to their visa conditions etc. That currently doesn't include the rsms, but in my opinion it is only a matter of time.

I agree. It would certainly make sense if DIAC an the ATO were to collaborate and have a branch than cross checks information to ensure that visa applicants are complying with the conditions of their visas. I suppose at this point in time DIAC would not know if you weren't working for your sponsored employer within the 2 year period, unless they were informed by someone. But if you spend so much time, effort and money to get your permanent residency, would people really be willing to risk it and potentially jeopardise their PR? I reckon there's a slim chance that DIAC would cancel/revoke a visa, but if there is grounds to do so because an applicant did not comply with their visa conditions, the applicant wouldn't have a leg to stand on. I wouldn't risk it. As blossom79 has mentioned before, once you have your visa and have done everything in your power to stay in that position ... well that is a different situation. I'm actually shocked to see that there have been numerous people on here who have posted something to the effect of their employer wants to close the business either before or after the applicant has received their PR. What a terrible situation to be in. But for those who have received their PR and they are in that situation, I think probably the best way is to find a similar job in regional Australia and put in your 2 years. It's 2 years - not the rest of your life. It's a small sacrifice and once you've completed the two years you're free to do what you want. That's my opinion!\

mrbangarom - in your situation, I really don't think you're far off from having a CO allocated and your file processed. They are getting through June applicants. It would be best to sit down with your employer and have a reasonable and civil conversation with them. Let them know that by closing the business prior to your visa being granted will result in your application being unsuccessful and you will not get your permanent residency. I would think that after putting in 4 years of service with them that would mean something. And if they were willing to sponsor you, they obviously valued you as an employee. Make sure they understand the time, effort and money you have put into your application and that it is unfair to you that they withdrawal from their commitment to you before the visa is processed and when you are so close. Did you use a migration agent or did your employer lodge the application? You certainly have a right at this stage to start making enquiries with DIAC as it is way outside the service standard processing times. Good luck mate.

thanks a lot

I agree. It would certainly make sense if DIAC an the ATO were to collaborate and have a branch than cross checks information to ensure that visa applicants are complying with the conditions of their visas. I suppose at this point in time DIAC would not know if you weren't working for your sponsored employer within the 2 year period, unless they were informed by someone. But if you spend so much time, effort and money to get your permanent residency, would people really be willing to risk it and potentially jeopardise their PR? I reckon there's a slim chance that DIAC would cancel/revoke a visa, but if there is grounds to do so because an applicant did not comply with their visa conditions, the applicant wouldn't have a leg to stand on. I wouldn't risk it. As blossom79 has mentioned before, once you have your visa and have done everything in your power to stay in that position ... well that is a different situation. I'm actually shocked to see that there have been numerous people on here who have posted something to the effect of their employer wants to close the business either before or after the applicant has received their PR. What a terrible situation to be in. But for those who have received their PR and they are in that situation, I think probably the best way is to find a similar job in regional Australia and put in your 2 years. It's 2 years - not the rest of your life. It's a small sacrifice and once you've completed the two years you're free to do what you want. That's my opinion!\

mrbangarom - in your situation, I really don't think you're far off from having a CO allocated and your file processed. They are getting through June applicants. It would be best to sit down with your employer and have a reasonable and civil conversation with them. Let them know that by closing the business prior to your visa being granted will result in your application being unsuccessful and you will not get your permanent residency. I would think that after putting in 4 years of service with them that would mean something. And if they were willing to sponsor you, they obviously valued you as an employee. Make sure they understand the time, effort and money you have put into your application and that it is unfair to you that they withdrawal from their commitment to you before the visa is processed and when you are so close. Did you use a migration agent or did your employer lodge the application? You certainly have a right at this stage to start making enquiries with DIAC as it is way outside the service standard processing times. Good luck mate.

excellent opinion thanks

Good luck to all of you waiting to hear some good news. This forum has helped keep me sane (well almost!) over the past months. All systems go for us, removals come tomorrow and our flights are booked for 20th June, didn't see the point in hanging around :biggrin:.

Guest Bheema

​Hi blossom n all, I have been following this forum from last 5 months.....

My friend applied RSMS off shore(cook) on June 29th 2012 with approved RCB from SA...

after all long wait they have been requested twice to DIAC about their application decision.....

Last Monday(19/5/2013) straight away they had decision of refusal as co considered roadhouse restaurant is fast food according to menu even though they had main meals.....:(. Most of the road house restaurants have standard main meals with many fast food dishes.

It was really surprised... they do not have a second chance to prove. Finally if they want to claim they have to go for MRT which is not worth waiting for one more year.

Dear friends I feel contacting twice to Diac is not worth. It may be result with straight away decision either positive or negative. We should have chance for further investigation for refusal reason prior to decision made.

Hope this information helps those who waiting....

Good luck to all....

I really thank to blossom for being helpful to all...:)

:biggrin::biggrin: Finaally after 11 months of wait, got e-mail from CO requesting for the applicant to be outside australia for finalize the visa (hope this is so called pre-grant)..planning to leave aus on jun 3 or 4...it has been a long wait and i thank each and every member of forum who have been helping each other by their inputs...thank u guys :biggrin:

Timeline : 27 jun 2012 - drc perth : CO allocation: march 12 2013 : nomination approved : march 15 2013, requested spouse medicals

Spouse medicals submitted offshore :March 17-18 2013

CO requests for the applicant to be offshore : May 23 2013

Planing to go on jun 3-4 2013..

​Hi blossom n all, I have been following this forum from last 5 months.....

My friend applied RSMS off shore(cook) on June 29th 2012 with approved RCB from SA...

after all long wait they have been requested twice to DIAC about their application decision.....

Last Monday(19/5/2013) straight away they had decision of refusal as co considered roadhouse restaurant is fast food according to menu even though they had main meals.....:(. Most of the road house restaurants have standard main meals with many fast food dishes.

It was really surprised... they do not have a second chance to prove. Finally if they want to claim they have to go for MRT which is not worth waiting for one more year.

Dear friends I feel contacting twice to Diac is not worth. It may be result with straight away decision either positive or negative. We should have chance for further investigation for refusal reason prior to decision made.

Hope this information helps those who waiting....

Good luck to all....

I really thank to blossom for being helpful to all...:)

Thanks for filling us in. Did they use an agent? There have been a couple of other people turned down as immigration believes they are cooks not chefs. One was working in a take away.

Thanks guys.

Here is my timeline pretty quick, our nomination was approved in 4 weeks. I hope you long timers get some good news soon.

Applied Melbourne office

RSMS 187

onshore application

Occupation: secondary school teacher (husband is the main applicant)

RCB approved before application (sometime in march 13 not sure of date)

Applied DRC

Nomination & application lodged :21 April 13

nomination approved: w/c 13th may 13 (yippee)

My husband and I and our 3 children have been in Australia about 18months now we are from the Uk

​thanks for your well wishes

Edited by Sahara77

Thanks guys.

Here is my timeline pretty quick, our nomination was approved in 4 weeks. I hope you long timers get some good news soon.

Applied Melbourne office

RSMS 187

onshore application

Occupation: secondary school teacher (husband is the main applicant)

RCB approved before application (sometime in march 13 not sure of date)

Applied DRC

Nomination & application lodged :21 April 13

nomination approved: w/c 13th may 13 (yippee)

My husband and I and our 3 children have been in Australia about 18months now we are from the Uk

​thanks for your well wishes

Congratulations Sahara77 I'm happy for you and your family!

i must admit though. I am absolutely gobsmacked as to how your application was processed so quickly at the MELBOURNE office! This just goes to show that DIAC has absolutely no logical order. It is a complete lucky dip.

ok so the application was DRC but still. I can't see how an application like that should take over applications that have been lodged several months ago. It's no wonder so many of us are frustrated...

here we are in for another weekend. I hate weekends right now lol. Bring on monnday - the start of a new business week!

Thanks, I can't imagine how you are feeling I think your right its a lucky dip, our sponsors have sponsored before and recently, whether that has anything to do with it I have no idea.

I hope you get soon good news soon finger crossed.

Thanks, I can't imagine how you are feeling I think your right its a lucky dip, our sponsors have sponsored before and recently, whether that has anything to do with it I have no idea.

I hope you get soon good news soon finger crossed.

Yes, I believe them sponsoring recently is a big help. Not sure if you saw it sonic, but maybe 3-4 weeks ago someone posted who's friend works in immigration and they listed the things which they use to decide who to process next. It was very interesting reading.

Good though to see that no matter what some people are being told about quotas for the year being filled, visas are still being issued.

Yes, I believe them sponsoring recently is a big help. Not sure if you saw it sonic, but maybe 3-4 weeks ago someone posted who's friend works in immigration and they listed the things which they use to decide who to process next. It was very interesting reading.

Good though to see that no matter what some people are being told about quotas for the year being filled, visas are still being issued.

Yeah seems vaguely familiar.. wish I could read it again lol. I recently became aware that there is a migration agent here in the city and she used to work as a case officer for DIAC! I wish I had known that a year ago! So she has worked on the other end of things and I'm sure would be able to provide her clients with a better insight as to what to expect. Ah well...

Thanks for ur valuable advice.fyi iam using a ma