Guest Noodle

Guest Tony4052

Just checked the Vetassess website and a green successful for me to....:jiggy:

Well done to everyone else....

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest perth42
anyone started the WA online visa form yet? im a little confused, how can i put i date i passed my english test, if i havnt done one? (i dont need to take one as a UK born tradie) i put 6,6,6,6 across the board, but cant fill the date in?

Hi

Don't put anything.. You have an English passport - I think it automatically adds it later... You have to load up your bio Page from you passport.

Good luck :wink:

Whats the rules when shipping my toolbox to Oz? Obviously I will have to make sure everything is clean but what about my spares draw? Am i going to have to get rid of everything? Also does it matter that I have recently bought some new tools? How fussy are they?

Whats the rules when shipping my toolbox to Oz? Obviously I will have to make sure everything is clean but what about my spares draw? Am i going to have to get rid of everything? Also does it matter that I have recently bought some new tools? How fussy are they?

Hi,I have posted a thread about shipping Mechanics Tools+Tool Boxes To Canberra!

Have a look on that thread(Shipping My Tools To Canberra) and maybe post your questions there?

Thanks

Steve,Wendy+Georgia :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Congrats Ric, Ste also has a PASS WOOOPIDEEE WOOOP!!!! :biggrin:

Ive had a pass as well which is great ,good to see everyone else getting the same:biggrin: ,

the next question is has anyone got there paper work yet ,so we can apply and get the ball rolling.

Hi

Don't put anything.. You have an English passport - I think it automatically adds it later... You have to load up your bio Page from you passport.

Good luck :wink:

i tried what you said but it wont let me move on to the next page untill i fill something in

Guest SteNRach
Ive had a pass as well which is great ,good to see everyone else getting the same:biggrin: ,

the next question is has anyone got there paper work yet ,so we can apply and get the ball rolling.

Congratulations!!! I know what you mean, we too have'nt received the paper yet, they should have sent it by super sonic jet haha! We're chomping at the bit!!!

Guest perth42

7 and a bit weeks for us... Sit back try (it's hard I know) to relax and get on with life... Good luck with it. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Guest Tony4052
WA stste sponsor applied for! now the long wait, more fingers crossed!

Well done Ric.... I might have to pick your brains for my state sponsorship.

My letter and certificate arrived this morning...

Guest SteNRach

Yeah Letter and certificate has arrived!! We hoped to be able to apply SS with VIC as have family there but Diesel mechanic is'nt on their list!!! only general mechanic (light vehicles). Many options available, just gotta decide which is best :err:

Yeah Letter and certificate has arrived!! We hoped to be able to apply SS with VIC as have family there but Diesel mechanic is'nt on their list!!! only general mechanic (light vehicles). Many options available, just gotta decide which is best :err:

Well good luck with what ever way you go ,lets hope it dosn't take us all to long before were off on the plane.

Hey,Great news!

That didn't take too long to come through! Don't worry about the job search,as remember you said Steve can work down the Mines!! Lol

I bet he is over the moon.but now the hard work starts and more expense to get that Visa and move to Australia! I think it will be well worth all the hard work and cost to eventually get there1

keep us posted.

Wendy said "Hi and Congratulations"!!!!!!

Steve,Wendy+Georgia :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wayniexagt

can anyone shed a bit of light as to what was involved in the theory and practical tests ......... im already in oz now and my boss wants to sponsor me .. ive got the jitters abit ...... .

cheers wayne

Guest izoomzoom

Spent hours reading 27 pages of this thread the other night and am making a post now, so I can find it again because it gives such fantastic advise. Thank you everyone :biggrin:

DH had just got his NVQ3 in light vehicle. His experience (20 years) is all pre-qualification and from some of the info i have researched, SS visas need to have 2 years post qualification experience. :mad:

Anyhow, with our debts going to take 18 months to settle, and then the big save for visas etc, I can't see us being able to apply for close on 2 years. Just our luck motor mechanics will no longer be on the ss lists :frown:.

Anyhow, does anyone want to shed some light on what needs to be done, and in what order.

I am thinking something on the lines of:

1. Apply passports (DH is not British, so this is going to take some months)

2. Sit IELTS.

3. Book vetassess (or tRA or whoever)

4. Apply for SS

5. Submit visa apps.

Am I on the right track ???

Guest izoomzoom

Are all the mechanics out there up to there eyeballs in grease ???? :wink:

If any of you did the IELTS, please can you tell me what you scored.

Unfortunately we need a 8 to get 20 points under the new points system :eek:

• 2 weeks later...
Spent hours reading 27 pages of this thread the other night and am making a post now, so I can find it again because it gives such fantastic advise. Thank you everyone :biggrin:

DH had just got his NVQ3 in light vehicle. His experience (20 years) is all pre-qualification and from some of the info i have researched, SS visas need to have 2 years post qualification experience. :mad:

Anyhow, with our debts going to take 18 months to settle, and then the big save for visas etc, I can't see us being able to apply for close on 2 years. Just our luck motor mechanics will no longer be on the ss lists :frown:.

Anyhow, does anyone want to shed some light on what needs to be done, and in what order.

I am thinking something on the lines of:

1. Apply passports (DH is not British, so this is going to take some months)

2. Sit IELTS.

3. Book vetassess (or tRA or whoever)

4. Apply for SS

5. Submit visa apps.

Am I on the right track ???

sounds about right basicly, not sure about the english test though as i didnt have to do one, its all about to change come july, so cant really help with that bit.

Archived