New Category 3's - Where are you now?

GGx0x0

Guest JohnAnton
Thank you very much for your reply JohnAnton. That means these changes will applicable only for the applications which have lodged after the 1st of july 2011?..............

By the way i received that famous 18th of march mail as well..... :wacko:

thank you agian.....

I think the processing time will still be the same. It might even go faster considering what people say about the new point system. They said that it is much harder to qualify with the required experience and IELTS score.

Therefore there will be lesser NEW priority 1-3 applicants (175 is now P4) and P4 applicants will be processed more quickly. But we are still to wait and see what will be the effect of the new immigration changes.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the processing time will still be the same. It might even go faster considering what people say about the new point system. They said that it is much harder to qualify with the required experience and IELTS score.

Therefore there will be lesser NEW priority 1-3 applicants (175 is now P4) and P4 applicants will be processed more quickly. But we are still to wait and see what will be the effect of the new immigration changes.

thanx a lot for your reply JohnAnton. however according to new priority processing my application will be fallen in to cat 4 from cat 3. (475(Sponsor by Blood Relative))..........

my occupation is in the new SOL................. :cry:

thanx

Samk6

Guest shirazeram

Guys don't panic!

As per new priority processing there should not be any delay in the current (yesterday scheule) processing timelines! There has been only some subdevisions in the prior group 1 and 2 which made them 1, 2 an 3 and we are 4 now. So what? Who is new applicant in these group 1, 2 an 3?! If there has been any, they would have got CO before us alreay!! And even if we keep with old scheme (yesterday's one) still they would be allocated before us and processed before us!!

Nevertheless, this is the tradition of DIAC to make panic and new questionable changes (which are not actualy any change in this case) to make their backlog logic! They do what ever they want...

Guest thankyou
In another forum, an applicant who lodged within Feb 2011 called DIAC several times.

He was promised to have a CO within July 2011.

We theorized that DIAC will start processing 2011 before July 2011 ends.

I'll be very happy if this will happen =).

Guest bellecaye18

Hi Connie! Please turn me Pink... I've received email yesterday from our CO. He's asking for some additional documents which we target to submit within the next two weeks. :)

Also, I've checked the documents checklist online and almost all (except those that we need to submit) were tagged as "MET".

Name: bellecaye

Date of Visa application: August 18, 2010

Nationality: Philippines

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession: Accountant

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): N/S

Post-14th July Category: 3

Medicals submitted: April 2011

Police check submitted: April 2011

Date CO assigned: June 30, 2011

Date of employment verification (If applicable): TBD

Date visa granted: Very, very soon! :D

It won't be long for all of us waiting here... Don't lose hope and faith. Happy weekend! :)

Guest shirazeram

Today changes is from:

Yesterday priority:

1- ENS (Which was: RSMS+ENS and other ENS together!)

2- SMP

3- SOL (our group)

4- Others

Today priority:

1- RSMS+ENS

2- ENS

3- SMP

4- SOL (our group)

5- Others

Am I right? If yes then there should not be any worry!

A tired dinosaur.

Guest VXM665

GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION

PROCESSING INFORMATION

This is an automated e-mail response which provides updated information on processing of applications for General Skilled Migration (GSM).

Updated 1 July 2011.

Please do not send enquiries or reply to this email address as this mailbox is not monitored.

Important - GSM processing priorities have changed in line with Ministerial Direction No. 50. For details please see here -

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/24apriority_skilled.htm

Processing Dates

Applicants who lodged a GSM application before the following dates have been contacted by a case officer:

Priority Group 1

Skilled – Regional subclass 887

VB 887 (e-lodged) 15 May 2011

VB 887 (paper): 15 May 2011

Priority Group 2

There are no GSM visa classes in priority group 2

Priority Group 3

*Priority 3 applications are currently being allocated within two weeks of DIAC receiving confirmation of a valid nomination from the relevant State/ Territory Government. Applicants in priority group 3 are therefore encouraged, where possible, to provide decision ready applications to enable efficient processing and finalisation of their applications.

Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176

VE 176 (e-lodged): 20 June 2011

VE 176 (paper): 20 June 2011

Skilled – Sponsored (Residence) subclass 886:

VB 886 (e-lodged) 20 June 2011

VB 886 (paper): 20 June 2011

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 475

VF 475 (e-lodged): 20 June 2011

VF 475 (paper): 20 June 2011

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 487

VC 487 (e-lodged) 20 June 2011

VC 487 (paper): 20 June 2011

Priority Group 4

Skilled – Independent (Migrant) subclass 175

VE 175 (e-lodged):10 July 2010

VE 175 (paper): 10 July 2010

VE 176 (e-lodged): 10 July 2010

VE 176 (paper): 10 July 2010

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 475

VF 475 (e-lodged): 10 July 2010

VF 475 (paper): 10 July 2010

Skilled – Independent Regional (Provisional) subclass 495 and

Skilled – Designated Area Sponsored subclass 496

UX 495 and UZ 496 (e-lodged and paper): All applicants who have an occupation on the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 3 have been allocated.

Skilled – Independent (Residence) subclass 885

VB 885 (e-lodged) 1 April 2011

VB 885 (paper): 1 March 2011

Skilled – Sponsored (Residence) subclass 886:

VB 886 (e-lodged) 1 April 2011

VB 886 (paper): 1 March 2011

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 487

VC 487 (e-lodged) 1 April 2011

VC 487 (paper): 1 March 2011

Priority Group 5

Processing of priority group 5 applications can only commence once all applications from higher priority groups have been allocated for assessment.

Priority Exempt Applications

Visa Subclasses 476, 485 and 887 are exempt from the current priority processing direction. Applications under these subclasses will be processed in the order in which they were received by the department.

Skilled - Graduate subclass 485

VC 485 (e-lodged) - 22 December 2009

VC 485 (paper) - 22 December 2009

Skilled – Recognised Graduate subclass 476

VF 476 (e-lodged): 28 February 2011

VF 476 (paper): 28 February 2011

Subsequent Entrant Applications

All subsequent entrant applications for subclasses 485, 487 and 475: 2 April 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Important Notice: If you have received this email by mistake, please advise

the sender and delete the message and attachments immediately. This email,

including attachments, may contain confidential, sensitive, legally privileged

and/or copyright information. Any review, retransmission, dissemination

or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the

intended recipient is prohibited. DIAC respects your privacy and has

obligations under the Privacy Act 1988. The official departmental privacy

policy can be viewed on the department's website at http://www.immi.gov.au. See:

http://www.immi.gov.au/functional/privacy.htm

Hi,

please add us:

Name: bj27

Date of Visa application: February 14th 2011

Nationality:

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: ICT Business consultant

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): N/S

Post-14th July Category: 3

Medicals submitted: -

Police check submitted: -

Date CO assigned: -

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted: -

GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION

PROCESSING INFORMATION

This is an automated e-mail response which provides updated information on processing of applications for General Skilled Migration (GSM).

Updated 1 July 2011.

Processing Dates

Priority Group 4

Skilled – Independent (Migrant) subclass 175

VE 175 (e-lodged):10 July 2010

VE 175 (paper): 10 July 2010

VE 176 (e-lodged): 10 July 2010

VE 176 (paper): 10 July 2010

does this mean they didn't do any of these since the June 20 update ? :confused:

This is the reply I got my PLE this morning.

Dear Client,

Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

Thank you for your enquiry. I note your concern that you have not yet been contacted by a case officer in regards to your General Skilled Migration (GSM) application.

I can confirm that applicants in Priority Group 3 who were emailed in March 2011 are still expected to have their application considered shortly.

As explained in this email, priority processing arrangements are in place covering the order of assessment of GSM applications. These arrangements are set in a Direction issued by the Minister and must be followed. Applications from people who are nominated by a state or territory government agency with a nominated occupation that is specified on that state or territory?s state migration plan continue to be allocated as the highest priority.

A higher than anticipated number of higher priority applications have been received in recent months, impacting the Department's ability to allocate cases within your priority group.

Despite this, GSM can confirm that the assessment of applications in your priority group continues each week in significant volumes, after the allocation of any outstanding higher priority applications.

It is now expected that you will be contacted by your case officer by 30 September 2011. We request that you allow this period of time for your application to be assessed before contacting the Department.

You may continue to undertake any of the requirements of the March 2011 email that are incomplete, referring to the guidance provided in that email.

In the meantime you may wish to follow the published dates for GSM applications currently being considered, available by sending a blank email to gsm.processing@immi.gov.au.

Guest AndyH78

Agreed that there is no real change, instead of being called Cat3 we are now called Priority 4. There are no new people in front of us, and the estimated processing time has not changed, other than from 18-24 months, to just 18 months.

Agreed that there is no real change, instead of being called Cat3 we are now called Priority 4. There are no new people in front of us, and the estimated processing time has not changed, other than from 18-24 months, to just 18 months.

im sponsored by WA and on the SOL, Does that mean Im P4 or P5

as the desc from DIAC does not mentioned about sponsored states applications not on the STATE mirgration List

Guest AndyH78

UFO, what visa have you applied for?

My statement was referring to 175 applicants, which I believe was the discussion at the time.

UFO, what visa have you applied for?

My statement was referring to 175 applicants, which I believe was the discussion at the time.

I had mention Im sponsored by WA so this implies 176 visa and on the SOL

Guest koko1

Hi All,

Please, does anyone know how long it takes to hear from DIAC after responding to a Natural Justice query?

Guest AustrAnglian
I had mention Im sponsored by WA so this implies 176 visa and on the SOL

UFO, if you have SS but are not on that State's SMP but are on the SOL then you were on yesterday's Cat-3, so today's Cat-4.

It never works the other way around ! :smile:

I know!!!! Hopefully there are some people who have been hanging around in CAT 4 that will be bumped up to CAT 3.

It is frustrating but according to DIAC it is only a 18 month wait (cough cough)

Also I did receive the march 18th email so I am hoping that DIAC stick to the letter and still get round to us soonish.

I wish we had of had the time to go for State Sponsorship but we didn't so

Ces't la vie!!! :wink:

I think you may find a few others that were in the old cat 4 now cat 5 have moved to this ca3 now being cat 4 like myself and the date of my application was Nov 08.

Tania

I think you may find a few others that were in the old cat 4 now cat 5 have moved to this ca3 now being cat 4 like myself and the date of my application was Nov 08.

Tania

I hope you get a CO and Visa soon. You have been waiting such a long time.

I so hope so too I have been in Cat 6 then to Cat 5 then to Cat 4 then to the new Cat 4 this is so confusing and :biggrin:thanks

You have nearly got the whole set!!! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Good luck

Archived