New Category 3's - Where are you now?

GGx0x0

Thanks JessandMatt - I do think as everything in life a little bit of luck is always at play. Congratulations it great when things happen earlier than expected. Even if I get a CO in Dec 11 - 12 months after my application I will be pleased - when I applied (and still now) the outlook on the DIAC website was 18 -24 months for Cat 3 175 so cant argue ;0)

Good Luck to all in Cat 3 - I think we are on a roll and will all get a CO sooner than expected xx Jodie

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Draecos

Hi,

Been following the thread for a couple of weeks now but only just getting round to posting. Please add us the list!

Name: Draecos

Date of Visa application: 07/06/11

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: IT Consultant

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore: Offshoure

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category: Cat 3

Medicals submitted: N/A

Police check submitted: N/A

Date CO assigned: N/A

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted: N/A

Thanks and bunch and look forward to following you all still and good luck!

Cheers,

Draecos

Guest JohnAnton

Hi,

I'm new here and I've found a lot of useful information. Thanks guys

Name: JohnAnton

Date of Visa application: Mar 10, 2011

Nationality: Filipino

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Accountant

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category: Cat 3

Medicals submitted: N/A

Police check submitted: N/A

Date CO assigned: N/A

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted: N/A

yay yay yay...... i am the happiest person alive..... hehe!

please turn me PURPLE.... I got the email this morning.

I have had a hard few weeks with work and this has literally been the best day... :)

After a 6 year dream and an application lodged in September 2009 the wait is finally over. I cant wait to go back to the place I love.

Sadly my husband is away with work so i may be drinking the champers on my own tonight...oh well....all the more for me :)

Good Luck to everyone still waiting

yay yay yay...... i am the happiest person alive..... hehe!

please turn me PURPLE.... I got the email this morning.

I have had a hard few weeks with work and this has literally been the best day... :)

After a 6 year dream and an application lodged in September 2009 the wait is finally over. I cant wait to go back to the place I love.

Sadly my husband is away with work so i may be drinking the champers on my own tonight...oh well....all the more for me :)

Good Luck to everyone still waiting

Congratulations Gemstone!:biggrin: great feeling isn't it!!! Where are you heading and when?

Congratulations Gemstone!:biggrin: great feeling isn't it!!! Where are you heading and when?

Hi...yep fantastic :biggrin:

Going to Melbourne but not for a year as need to finish my lease in the house. Going to validate first though and then go Autumn next year.

What about you?

Hi...yep fantastic :biggrin:

Going to Melbourne but not for a year as need to finish my lease in the house. Going to validate first though and then go Autumn next year.

What about you?

Hiya

That's quite a while for you to wait then! How will you contain the excitement!!:biggrin:

We are just about to put the house on the market and then go as soon as we have sold wich hopefully won't be too long :biggrin: We are off to the Gold Coast area or Brisbane area depending on jobs.

Hiya

That's quite a while for you to wait then! How will you contain the excitement!!:biggrin:

We are just about to put the house on the market and then go as soon as we have sold wich hopefully won't be too long :biggrin: We are off to the Gold Coast area or Brisbane area depending on jobs.

Sounds good....have you been there before?

I know it is a bit of a wait...but ive got a few things to look forward to between now and then.

Although I might start counting down the sleeps....hehe!

Guest shirazeram

Hi every one,

Congratulation to all those with CO and Grants.

Please cross your fingers for me to be granted soon.

Applied 175: March 2009

CO: Feb. 2011

Thanks

Shiraz

Guest JohnAnton

Hi,

To those who applied for 175 (Skilled Independent) within March 2011 like me,

At what month is your estimate where we will have a case officer assigned to us?

My guestimate is this coming August.

Guest JohnAnton
Hi every one,

Congratulation to all those with CO and Grants.

Please cross your fingers for me to be granted soon.

Applied 175: March 2009

CO: Feb. 2011

Thanks

Shiraz

It seems that its taking the CO too long to finalize it.

But with more the 5 months passed, it could be anytime now.

Best of wishes to you.

Hi,

To those who applied for 175 (Skilled Independent) within March 2011 like me,

At what month is your estimate where we will have a case officer assigned to us?

My guestimate is this coming August.

Not sure if you got the Mar-18 letter, initially DIAC said they would process applications up to Mar-2011 within 3 months, but as June-18 came and went, they are still stuck somewhere around Sept 2010.

There was some slides saying they are targetting up to Dec-31 by end of June. Then there was this PLE replies stating the new dateline as Sept-11.

Not to forget, there will be a new batch of Priority 2 applications coming in from July-11 onwards as the state quotas will be reset for year 2011-12. So...lets hope for the best but be prepared for the worst...

Guest JohnAnton

Hi Amer,

I did not receive the March 18 letter.

Thanks again for the information you provided.

Sometimes, with all the information coming from different sources, the more confusing it becomes not knowing which one is more reliable.

But like what you said, let's hope for the best and be prepared for the worst.

Guest HermanB
Hi Amer,

I did not receive the March 18 letter.

Thanks again for the information you provided.

Sometimes, with all the information coming from different sources, the more confusing it becomes not knowing which one is more reliable.

But like what you said, let's hope for the best and be prepared for the worst.

Are you sure? I though they would freeze applications for a while due to point system changes?

Guest JohnAnton

Hi Herman,

Kindly tell us where you got the freezing information from?

You are lodged Octo 2010 and might have a CO assigned in the coming weeks.

Guest HermanB
Hi Herman,

Well, from what I understand, like last year, they freeze new applications for a while to set-up the changes. Of course I could be wrong. But why would they accept some more category 2 while they still need to clear backlog? And I doubt that we will get a case officer before the end of this year at the pace they are going the moment, lol, but thanks :).

Hi Herman,

Hi JohnAnton

I Applied on FEB-2011> 475 > Cat3 > Received 18th March Letter > Medi Finalized MAY-2011> CO-Waiting

Do You have any idea that how long will take to assign a CO for may Application.?

:cry:

Samk6

Well, from what I understand, like last year, they freeze new applications for a while to set-up the changes. Of course I could be wrong. But why would they accept some more category 2 while they still need to clear backlog? And I doubt that we will get a case officer before the end of this year at the pace they are going the moment, lol, but thanks :).

If i remember correctly, the reason why they froze the application then was to block the surge in applications which would not be in SOL list after July 2010. All those applications would have gone into Priority 4 list and would be a major burden for DIAC at that time.

I dont suppose that is the case now as SOL is generally unchanged, only the qualifying points is changing. Besides the number of applications have reduced quite a bit in 2010 to below the planning level, so its possible that DIAC is not planning to do any freeze this time around...

Guest JohnAnton

Herman,

Thanks for the information.

Well they've been clearing 2 month's worth of backlog recently every 2 weeks.

The last update was on June 8, 2011 and it stated that they have allocated case officers to applications up to June 1, 2010 (from March 30, 2010 on the 23-5-11 update).

Following through this thread, there are those who applied within September or even October who have been contacted by a case officer. So I think (and hope) that there is continuing progress.

We are still waiting for the latest update which should be released today.

Guest HermanB
If i remember correctly, the reason why they froze the application then was to block the surge in applications which would not be in SOL list after July 2010. All those applications would have gone into Priority 4 list and would be a major burden for DIAC at that time.

I dont suppose that is the case now as SOL is generally unchanged, only the qualifying points is changing. Besides the number of applications have reduced quite a bit in 2010 to below the planning level, so its possible that DIAC is not planning to do any freeze this time around...

I must be honest, I have no idea what to expect, anything is possible with them. They might freeze it, they might not. But what you have to remember, they have to pre-apply under the new system, i.e. people can't apply directly anymore, they have to get 'permission'. Once again, this is how I understand it but could be wrong.

I think they might freeze it for a while to first clear backlog, but that again, they only see us as numbers, so, they might not. The only way to know for sure is to reach the 1st of July :).

All the best amer :)

Herman,

The last update was on June 8, 2011 and it stated that they have allocated case officers to applications up to June 1, 2010 (from March 30, 2010 on the 23-5-11 update).

Following through this thread, there are those who applied within September or even October who have been contacted by a case officer. So I think (and hope) that there is continuing progress.

Hi John

There was an application freeze from May8th to June30 2010. So it is not really 2 months of processing.

I must be honest, I have no idea what to expect, anything is possible with them. They might freeze it, they might not. But what you have to remember, they have to pre-apply under the new system, i.e. people can't apply directly anymore, they have to get 'permission'. Once again, this is how I understand it but could be wrong.

I think they might freeze it for a while to first clear backlog, but that again, they only see us as numbers, so, they might not. The only way to know for sure is to reach the 1st of July :).

All the best amer :)

The pre-apply or expression of interest only will start in July-2012. New applicants can still do the normal application in July2011-June2012 using the new point system (which i think is more difficult to pass).

Yet i agree with you...DIAC is best at being unpredictable...

Guest HermanB
Herman,

I hope they clear more, but I have come to the conclusion (personal opinion) that they do favour certain applications and it seems that they have maybe cleared a month in last 2 weeks (as last year till 30 June there were no application, if I remember right). I want to stay positive, but it is hard when you look at the stats (even though it is only a small margin of actual applicants).

I hope that thing will go well the next week, but I do not see how they will manage to clear the backlog soon. All the best!

Guest HermanB
The pre-apply or expression of interest only will start in July-2012. New applicants can still do the normal application in July2011-June2012 using the new point system (which i think is more difficult to pass).

Yet i agree with you...DIAC is best at being unpredictable...

Ah, thank you for clearing that up. Hm, well, we would've passed with new points system, so, I guess it depends :). Best is to wait and see what happens, all we can do.

All the best amer!

Guest JohnAnton
Hi John

There was an application freeze from May8th to June30 2010. So it is not really 2 months of processing.

So that explains it.

Anyway, if the new point system is more difficult to comply with, then there will be lesser cat2 applicants.

Meaning there will be fewer cat2 applicants to allocate and they can proceed immidiately with cat3 (which is us).

Archived