New Category 3's - Where are you now?

GGx0x0

Hi All,

Yesterday evening I recieved the most wanted t.p. call from my agent and she told me that I have been granted my VE 176 visa...

Cant explain the feeling .... So happy..

Thank you all of my friends who gave me lot of info in this forum.. Wish you all the best and luck !!! It will come to you very soon...

Thanks again,

Man.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mjkwon
Ouch...

GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION

PROCESSING INFORMATION

This is an automated e-mail response which provides updated information on processing of applications for General Skilled Migration (GSM). This information is updated fortnightly.

Details correct at 20 June 2011.

Please do not send enquiries or reply to this email address as this mailbox is not monitored.

Processing Dates

Applicants who lodged a GSM application before the following dates have been contacted by a case officer:

Priority Group 2

*Priority 2 applications are currently being allocated within two weeks of DIAC receiving confirmation of a valid nomination from the relevant State/ Territory Government. Applicants in priority group 2 are therefore encouraged, where possible, to provide decision ready applications to enable efficient processing and finalisation of their applications.

Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176

VE 176 (e-lodged): 10 June 2011

VE 176 (paper): 10 June 2011

Skilled – Sponsored (Residence) subclass 886:

VB 886 (e-lodged) 10 June 2011

VB 886 (paper): 10 June 2011

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 475

VF 475 (e-lodged): 10 June 2011

VF 475 (paper): 10 June 2011

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 487

VC 487 (e-lodged) 10 June 2011

VC 487 (paper): 10 June 2011

Priority Group 3

Skilled – Independent (Migrant) subclass 175

VE 175 (e-lodged):10 July 2010

VE 175 (paper): 10 July 2010

VE 176 (e-lodged): 10 July 2010

VE 176 (paper): 10 July 2010

VF 475 (e-lodged): 10 July 2010

VF 475 (paper): 10 July 2010

Skilled – Independent Regional (Provisional) subclass 495 and

Skilled – Designated Area Sponsored subclass 496

UX 495 and UZ 496 (e-lodged and paper): All applicants who have an occupation on the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 3 have been allocated.

Skilled – Independent (Residence) subclass 885

VB 885 (e-lodged) 1 April 2011

VB 885 (paper): 1 March 2011

VB 886 (e-lodged) 1 April 2011

VB 886 (paper): 1 March 2011

VC 487 (e-lodged) 1 April 2011

VC 487 (paper): 1 March 2011

Priority Group 4

Processing of priority group 4 applications can only commence once all applications from priority group 2 and 3 have been allocated for assessment.

Priority Exempt Applications

Visa Subclasses 476, 485 and 887 are exempt from the current priority processing direction. Applications under these subclasses will be processed in the order in which they were received by the department.

Skilled – Recognised Graduate subclass 476

VF 476 (e-lodged): 28 February 2011

VF 476 (paper): 28 February 2011

Skilled – Regional subclass 887

VB 887 (e-lodged) 20 March 2011

VB 887 (paper): 20 March 2011

Subsequent Entrant Applications

All subsequent entrant applications for subclasses 485, 487 and 475: 2 April 2011

Skilled - Graduate subclass 485

1. Applications from people who

It seems that DIAC intends to decrease the number of bridging visa holder. After new selecion model is started on 1st of July, 2012, most international students must go back because they can't have bridging visa unless they are invited. So, I think DIAC intends to reduce the number of bridging visa holder.

It seems that DIAC intends to decrease the number of bridging visa holder. After new selecion model is started on 1st of July, 2012, most international students must go back because they can't have bridging visa unless they are invited. So, I think DIAC intends to reduce the number of bridging visa holder.

EOI starts from 1 July 2012! Not 2011!!! And it is only proposal!!!

Ouch...

Priority Group 3

Skilled – Independent (Migrant) subclass 175

VE 175 (e-lodged):10 July 2010

VE 175 (paper): 10 July 2010

VE 176 (e-lodged): 10 July 2010

VE 176 (paper): 10 July 2010

VF 475 (e-lodged): 10 July 2010

VF 475 (paper): 10 July 2010

Skilled – Independent Regional (Provisional) subclass 495 and

Skilled – Designated Area Sponsored subclass 496

UX 495 and UZ 496 (e-lodged and paper): All applicants who have an occupation on the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 3 have been allocated.

Skilled – Independent (Residence) subclass 885

VB 885 (e-lodged) 1 April 2011

VB 885 (paper): 1 March 2011

VB 886 (e-lodged) 1 April 2011

VB 886 (paper): 1 March 2011

VC 487 (e-lodged) 1 April 2011

VC 487 (paper): 1 March 2011

These numbers are beautiful, especially onshore.

Guest JohnAnton
These numbers are beautiful, especially onshore.

you're under cat 4 right? 175 movement slowed down though..

Guest HermanB
you're under cat 4 right? 175 movement slowed down though..

Wow, I did not expect this kind of slowdown?! It is becoming more obvious that we will not get our visa before December and it seems we will be stuck in this hellhole of a country forever :skeptical:

All the best John!

Guest JohnAnton
Wow, I did not expect this kind of slowdown?! It is becoming more obvious that we will not get our visa before December and it seems we will be stuck in this hellhole of a country forever :skeptical:

All the best John!

Hi Herman,

The slowdown is really disappointing.:skeptical:

I think for our 175, the movement is far more that what they have declared since we know for a fact that other forumers who applied on october or even november 2010 have case officers assigned to them.

Guest HermanB
Hi Herman,

I think for our 175, the movement is far more that what they have declared since we know for a fact that other forumers who applied on october or even november 2010 have case officers assigned to them.

Probably, but there are still July Financial occupation people without any news, does not bode well for the others after that :(. I am tired of living in the 'might', so, I'll just try my best to make a life here, however unlikely it may seem to have one here (if you keep eye on news in South Africa).

All the best there!

Hi Herman,

I think they just put the date close to June 30 2010 as they promised Cat 3 lodged before June 30 2010 will be processed before 30 Juna 2011.

I spoke to some agent recently who does not believe in that information sent in that email, called it a BS.

Guest tycsee

Not sure what to say about the latest update. Its not wonderful but frankly its not that disappointing either. To be honest, DIAC still went from 1st June to 10th July in 12 calendar days (8th - 20th June) which aint that bad - its 40 calendar days worth of backlog.

My thumb rule is to: 1 month of processing for every month and that gives us all a realistic time frame. Life is what we make out of it - it doesn't stop till we get a visa.

Guest HermanB
Not sure what to say about the latest update. Its not wonderful but frankly its not that disappointing either. To be honest, DIAC still went from 1st June to 10th July in 12 calendar days (8th - 20th June) which aint that bad - its 40 calendar days worth of backlog.

My thumb rule is to: 1 month of processing for every month and that gives us all a realistic time frame. Life is what we make out of it - it doesn't stop till we get a visa.

I know, but anyone would get frustrated if they have already been struggling for 6 months to get a job in their home country just because of who you are (won't elaborate on it), and we cannot even go out at night over here, too dangerous most of the time.

And, there were no applications in the whole of June last year, thus they only moved 10 calendar days :).

All the best!

Guest JohnAnton

^

waiting for the grant has huge effect in our decisions like in having a child, buying properties, or changing work. My wife and I decided not to have child until we get our visa so as not to complicate our application and make it easier for us to settle in OZ

Guest HermanB
^

waiting for the grant has huge effect in our decisions like in having a child, buying properties, or changing work. My wife and I decided not to have child until we get our visa so as not to complicate our application and make it easier for us to settle in OZ

My wife really wants a child, but I refuse while we are still in this country. Our child will have no future over here and I am not about to ruin a life that has not even come to be yet. Thus, this is our only chance of having a relatively normal life. People sometimes do not understand that each individual has different factors affecting their anxiety and importance attached to the visa. Good luck John!

Guest shirazeram
^

So true!

Hi All

Please see how the latest DIAC update affects the matrix. I'm guessing that DIAC are concentrating on clearing all the applications from the 18th March email, hence the small jump in dates.

diac220611.jpg

Thanks

DCAL

Hi All

Please see how the latest DIAC update affects the matrix. I'm guessing that DIAC are concentrating on clearing all the applications from the 18th March email, hence the small jump in dates.

Thanks

DCAL

I have my own table and looking at yours jealously. Wish they have some people like you employed in DIAC :)

Bare in mind there is a good chance for speeding up as there are no onshore applications left. Depends if they start doing onshore Cat 4.

hi all,

i stumbled upon this forum when i was searching for Vettassess assmt for electricians( electricians thread!!!!) in Feb.2009.

since then im a regular visitor to this wonderfull forum.

actually i wanted to paint the town purple, then i decided to entrust that job to Connie.

on 24 th June our 175 was granted.

im from a HR country but no job varification was done. im thankfull to all the forum members for contributing usefull informations. good luck with all those w8ing for grant.

especially i would like to thank Connie for updating this unique thread.

Connie plz turn me PURPLE. my timeline is given below.

Name: Esthapan

Date of visa application: 26/06/2009

Nationality: Indian

Risk: HR

Trade/Profession: General electrician

Visa Type: 175

Onshore/Offshore: offshore

Pre-14th July 2010: 6

Post-14th july Category: 3?

Medicals submitted: 09 May '11 (Medicals reffred on 11 June, finallised btween 16- 17 June)

Police Check submitted: 28 March '11

spouse IELTS submitted on 26 May '11'

Date CO assigned: 18 March 2011

Date of employment verification: Not done

Date visa granted: 24/06/2011

best regards

Esthapan.

hi all,

i stumbled upon this forum when i was searching for Vettassess assmt for electricians( electricians thread!!!!) in Feb.2009.

actually i wanted to paint the town purple, then i decided to entrust that job to Connie.

im from a HR country but no job varification was done. im thankfull to all the forum members for contributing usefull informations. good luck with all those w8ing for grant.

Medicals submitted: 09 May '11 (Medicals reffred on 11 June, finallised btween 16- 17 June)

best regards

Esthapan.

Congratulations.

Guest IoanHoria

Congrats Esthapan! And good luck!

I have a question for all of you members, actually is more like an opinion that I need...

I lodged my 176 state sponsored visa on 2nd July 2010, and I'm cat 3...I have received the 18th March 2011 DIAC letter, and my meds were finalised on 9th June this year...since then I got no news except an answer to a PLE witch said that I have been allocated to a CO and that he may contact me after the preliminary assesement of my application if he needs more docs...and no news...

On the latest DIAC update of processing times, they say that all applications since 10th July 2010 have been assesed by a CO...still no news for me...

The advice that I need...should I send another PLE, or should I allow them another couple of weeks?

Thanks!

PS: I'm still hoping that "no news is good news"...

hi IoanHoria,

I was same as you (VE 176, SA sponsored), but applied in Nov 2010. I got my CO on 20/06/2011 after a PLE. then he asked me to submit the form 1100 (state sponsorship confirmation form from SA) again, which SA was already submitted in Nov 2010. It was submitted on 21/06/2011 and finally my Visa was granted on 27/06/2011. :wink:

p.s. I recieved the march 18th mail too. So dont worry, you will here the good news in comming days...

Good Luck !!

hi all,

best regards

Esthapan.

Congrats Esthapan !!!!

Guest The Pom Queen

I have had to delete a few personal insults from this page, please could I remind you all to refresh yourself with the forum rules.

Thanks

Kate

Guest anthony1
I have had to delete a few personal insults from this page, please could I remind you all to refresh yourself with the forum rules.

Thanks

Kate

One Question, please !

Personal insults are to be deleted and what about the Country(State) Insults ??

How are you going to deal with them ?

Cheers ..... Tony

Archived