New Category 3's - Where are you now?

GGx0x0

Guest koko1

Hi,

why are you worried? you have been moved to cat 3 (former cat 2) because you are a state-sponsored applicant whose occupation was not on smp but on its off-list. Read the new priority processing info. if you were sponsored by a state but the occupation is not on that state smp it therefore means you are on that state off-list Ok?

I think you may find a few others that were in the old cat 4 now cat 5 have moved to this ca3 now being cat 4 like myself and the date of my application was Nov 08.

Tania

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,

why are you worried? you have been moved to cat 3 (former cat 2) because you are a state-sponsored applicant whose occupation was not on smp but on its off-list. Read the new priority processing info. if you were sponsored by a state but the occupation is not on that state smp it therefore means you are on that state off-list Ok?

Am i missing something here??? where did u get this off-list processing info? :err:

could u pls share the link? than you :notworthy:

Hi,

I am not on the off list as qld are not sponsoring for this.

Guest Lori2011
In another forum, an applicant who lodged within Feb 2011 called DIAC several times.

He was promised to have a CO within July 2011.

We theorized that DIAC will start processing 2011 before July 2011 ends.

within july 2011?! wow! wish that was true...but it is a little bit hard to believe. With a little luck they will finish 175 apps from 2010 by December 2011. Hope your friend is right, that's a lot better scenario.

Guest AustrAnglian
within july 2011?! wow! wish that was true...but it is a little bit hard to believe. With a little luck they will finish 175 apps from 2010 by December 2011. Hope your friend is right, that's a lot better scenario.

Hi Lori, the dates published in the aspc email are just an average, so some applicants are allocated ahead of this date and some later on.

In my case I lodged in October 2010, my file was first accessed in late May 2011 and I got the confirming email from a CO on 20 June. Based on that it's very possible that the first 2011 files may be allocated before the end of July, although they may not hear from a CO straight away and the official published processing date will lag some months behind. All the best.

Guest Aerondir
:huh: Is this also going to effect those who got CO ?

Seriously doubt this. After CO is assigned it depends only on him and your case. But sometimes outer security checks can postpone application processing significantly, so beware of this.

Seriously doubt this. After CO is assigned it depends only on him and your case. But sometimes outer security checks can postpone application processing significantly, so beware of this.

there has been many people which have had case officers in the past and have been thrown back into the pot if they don't met the current processing requirements.

Good example, A friend of mine was sponsored by Queens and his occulption was the old modl code. His application was sent for outside processing, and then thrown back into the pot because his application then fell into the old cat 4.

also another example sep 2009 that stopped processing applications which had not been on the sol by were sponsored by a state. Some of these folks finished everything, Docs met, and were still thrown back into the pot.

Point of the story, a co means nothing until you have your visa grant, as anything can change.

Guest shirazeram

I need some good news (Grant and CO allocations) to break the ice of this page!

Bring it on man... bring it on!

Guest waitingtogotooz
I guess so, but we applied in October and received the 18 March mail, and no news, even after raising PLE (agent raised one for us), thus I do not believe that they will even reach September by Friday (officially that is).

hi,

did you get a response from the PLE?

Guest HermanB
hi,

did you get a response from the PLE?

Our agent did, not really any good news though. Sorry :(

Guest MOTO

Dear PIOs members,

I have been saving my final (800th) post for this very special moment. That’s why I have not posted on here for quite a while.

I would like to advise you that my 175 visa was granted this morning.

I would like to say special thanks to Mizo, Proview, Zoranl (the most positive poster here),

rebejes3, Manj , User Name, shirazem, RegDwight, Mirob , SkyRocket and many many others.

RegDwight and Mirob could you guys let other 2231-79 Computing Professional (ICT Recent Graduate) mob know that finally I got my PR today. :notworthy:

As I promised you earlier, I am now in a position to post my full timeline.

Name: MOTO

Date of Visa Application: 18 August 2010

Nationality: Citizen of EU - Greek

Trade/Profession: Accountant (General)

Visa Type: 175

Post 14 July 2010: Cat 3

I received March 18th email.

Meds submitted: 18 August 2010

Police check submitted: 18 August 2010

Date CO assigned: Unknown

Date Visa Granted: 5 July 2011

One more thing, I never submitted nor I was asked for form 80.

I guess it just indicates that the Department was fully satisfied with everything that I provided it with.

I would like to say big thank you to all of the PIOs and say this: POMSINOZ is simply the best migration forum on the net.

As I mentioned earlier, it is my last post on here.

I wish that everyone will get their golden ticket soon. :hug:

Special thanks goes to Connie for updating our thread. You are an absolute champion mate. :notworthy:

Almost forgot, Connie please turn me purple. :biggrin:

Kind regards,

MOTO

Guest amer
Dear PIOs members,

I have been saving my final (800th) post for this very special moment. That’s why I have not posted on here for quite a while.

I would like to say special thanks to Mizo, Proview, Zoranl (the most positive poster here),

rebejes3, Manj , User Name, shirazem, RegDwight, Mirob , SkyRocket and many many others.

RegDwight and Mirob could you guys let other 2231-79 Computing Professional (ICT Recent Graduate) mob know that finally I got my PR today. :notworthy:

I guess it just indicates that the Department was fully satisfied with everything that I provided it with.

I would like to say big thank you to all of the PIOs and say this: POMSINOZ is simply the best migration forum on the net.

Special thanks goes to Connie for updating our thread. You are an absolute champion mate. :notworthy:

Kind regards,

MOTO

Let me be the 1st to congratulate you...my wife and I always wondered why have MOTO gone quiet...guess now we know you have been saving that 800th post.....

all the best to you mate...

Dear PIOs members,

Kind regards,

MOTO

Hey Moto

I have been wondering for the past few weeks with out seeing any of your posts except thanks :smile:

Wow So happy for you mate :jiggy:

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS :hug: soooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you....

Guest IoanHoria

G'morning ladies and gents!

I need an opinion.

My medical have beeen finalized since 9june...This morning my status changed to "application further processed"...all my documents says "met" exept specific work experience which in still "required"...and I have received an email from my CO: "Please be advised that your application is now being assessed and pending outcome of other checking precesses. I will contact you again when your application is ready for finalising. " ...

has anyone of you been in this situation?!...how long it will take untill grant letter or something?!

any idea is welcomed, please, I just need to kill the time, i'm waiting since may 2010...and right now I'm so exited...

Thanks!

Dear PIOs members,

Kind regards,

MOTO

CONGRATS MOTO !!! :notworthy: TIME TO PARTY!!!:jiggy:

Guest shirazeram
Dear PIOs members,

Kind regards,

MOTO

Dear MOTO,

Congratulation and:

Thank you very much for breaking the silence of this page by your very last 800th post!!!!

I wish you best of luck in your life specially in Australia.

Good Luck!

Dear PIOs members,

Kind regards,

MOTO

Huge congrats MOTO, we will miss you! enjoy the celebrations :wink:

proview

Sorry, what Cat you are in from one to five

I was cat 3, got my grant on 10th May 11, going to validate this Mth for 4 weeks :biggrin:

Archived