New Category 3's - Where are you now?

GGx0x0

Guest IoanHoria
Congrats Esthapan! And good luck!

I have a question for all of you members, actually is more like an opinion that I need...

I lodged my 176 state sponsored visa on 2nd July 2010, and I'm cat 3...I have received the 18th March 2011 DIAC letter, and my meds were finalised on 9th June this year...since then I got no news except an answer to a PLE witch said that I have been allocated to a CO and that he may contact me after the preliminary assesement of my application if he needs more docs...and no news...

On the latest DIAC update of processing times, they say that all applications since 10th July 2010 have been assesed by a CO...still no news for me...

The advice that I need...should I send another PLE, or should I allow them another couple of weeks?

Thanks!

PS: I'm still hoping that "no news is good news"...

Good morning!

I've sent last night an email to the Team of COs where I was allocated, in which I've asked them politely to provide me with an update for my application since I had no news.

This morning, the answer came:

"Dear Mr Olar

Your application will be assessed next week.

Regards,"

What the holy beer this could mean? :eek:

Anyway, thanks a lot for the advices, I really needed...

G'day all!

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AndyH78
Hi All,

any march 2011 applicants here who received the famous March 18 mail?

Yep, me!

Knowing DIAC though, I chose not to go ahead with my PCs and medicals until I was allocated a case officer.

I'm still waiting, and don't expect to hear anything for a while.

Guest JohnAnton
Yep, me!

Knowing DIAC though, I chose not to go ahead with my PCs and medicals until I was allocated a case officer.

I'm still waiting, and don't expect to hear anything for a while.

Hi,

The same as you, i'm not done yet with my meds. My agent will advise me when the time is right to take one.

I'm still checking with my agent if we were sent the March 18 mail.

I've also checked your status on Page 1 of this thread and I was suprised that we applied on the same date --- March 10, 2011 and we're both

Accountants (175). So the probability is high that DIAC have also sent the March 18 mail to me tru my agent.

Any good news for new will also mean goodnews for me and vice versa.

Guest Gavinsaunders

Just had my 175 granted, so happy rite now, its been a rollercoster ride!

175 lodged 27 sept 2010

Bricklayer :biglaugh::jiggy:

Guest Lori2011
Hi All,

any march 2011 applicants here who received the famous March 18 mail?

Hi John, I lodged my application the same day you did, such a coincidence!!! well, my agent did it, maybe we are using the same agency and they lodge many applications together.

I didn't receive the 18th march email....my optimistic forecast is we will have news from our CO on late september/early october, my realistic opinion is they will finish 175 apps by the end of this year....Im from HR country, engineer.

No meds or policy checks yet, waiting for my agent's signal.

Good luck to us all, and please keep us informed!

Lori

Guest JohnAnton
Hi John, I lodged my application the same day you did, such a coincidence!!! well, my agent did it, maybe we are using the same agency and they lodge many applications together.

I didn't receive the 18th march email....my optimistic forecast is we will have news from our CO on late september/early october, my realistic opinion is they will finish 175 apps by the end of this year....Im from HR country, engineer.

No meds or policy checks yet, waiting for my agent's signal.

Good luck to us all, and please keep us informed!

Lori

Hi Lori,

There are 3 of us now who lodged exactly on March 10, 2011. The other one is AndyH78 if im not mistaken. He said that he got the MArch 18 email. I'm still waiting for confirmation from my agent if we were sent one by diac.

Anyway,

May optimistic forecast for our CO allocation based on historical movements on aspc updates is within the 2nd half of August. And like you, i think we have a pretty good chance of having our visa grant this year. Goodluck to us

Guest Lori2011
I know, but anyone would get frustrated if they have already been struggling for 6 months to get a job in their home country just because of who you are (won't elaborate on it), and we cannot even go out at night over here, too dangerous most of the time.

And, there were no applications in the whole of June last year, thus they only moved 10 calendar days :).

All the best!

With a little fear of getting my head bitten off...I feel just the same as you :( sad but true, If my country was a bed of roses I wouldn't be considering on moving like a zillion milles away from everything I know and everyone I love....but you have to think for your future, and the future of your family as well. Let's stay optimistic and try to keep judgemental trolls at bay :tongue:

Good luck to us all!! we need it (and some patience too!)

Guest HermanB
With a little fear of getting my head bitten off...I feel just the same as you :( sad but true, If my country was a bed of roses I wouldn't be considering on moving like a zillion milles away from everything I know and everyone I love....but you have to think for your future, and the future of your family as well. Let's stay optimistic and try to keep judgemental trolls at bay :tongue:

Good luck to us all!! we need it (and some patience too!)

Hehe, thank you Lori. I will miss my family dearly should we be granted the visa and move. I hope with all my heart that this country comes right as I love most of the people here, only a handful of people that ruined it, but I know a lot of countries are a lot worse. I am proud of my heritage, no doubt about it :).

I am sure all will go well with you :).

Guest mjkwon

This is my information.

Name: MJ Kwon

Date of Visa application: 27th of June, 2011

Nationality: S.Korea

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Software Engineer (261313)

Visa type: 885

Onshore/offshore: Onshore (Paper)

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category: Cat 3

Medicals submitted: Booked

Police check submitted: 27th of June, 2011

Date CO assigned: Not yet

Date of employment verification (If applicable): N/A

Date visa granted: Not Yet

Hehe, thank you Lori. I will miss my family dearly should we be granted the visa and move. I hope with all my heart that this country comes right as I love most of the people here, only a handful of people that ruined it, but I know a lot of countries area a lot worse. I am proud of heritage, no doubt about it :).

I am sure all will go well with you :).

South Africa used to be like Australia in the 1980s. I remember we used to go there for our shopping. Of course Pick 'N' Pay doesn't look like it used to, now that agricultural production has dwindled.

Hi Connie

Its 1st July in Oz, so we are now officially cat 3 please add us to you front page

Name:suandianbrown

Date of Visa application:23/12/2009

Nationality:british

High/Low Risk:LR

Trade/profession:metal machinist (1st class)

Visa type:176 family sponsored

Onshore/offshore:offshore

Post-14th July Category:was in cat 4

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

we were cat 4 until 1st July when occupation was put back on SOL

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Guest amer
Hi Connie

Its 1st July in Oz, so we are now officially cat 3 please add us to you front page

Name:suandianbrown

Date of Visa application:23/12/2009

Nationality:british

High/Low Risk:LR

Trade/profession:metal machinist (1st class)

Visa type:176 family sponsored

Onshore/offshore:offshore

Post-14th July Category:was in cat 4

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

we were cat 4 until 1st July when occupation was put back on SOL

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Congrats, it wont be long now...just a couple of days is my guess...

Guest IoanHoria

guys, there are new rules in this game! new priority processing categories and timelines...

i'm so depressed... my CO told me that it would be no more than 2-3 weeks...but this was last week...right now, God knows...

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/24apriority_skilled.htm

and time lines...

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

as the last year's 1st July, this one breings bad news too for some of us...I wonder what will happen with those who received the 18th march email, and are not having their visa yet...damn...

Guest tycsee
guys, there are new rules in this game! new priority processing categories and timelines...

i'm so depressed... my CO told me that it would be no more than 2-3 weeks...but this was last week...right now, God knows...

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/24apriority_skilled.htm

and time lines...

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

as the last year's 1st July, this one breings bad news too for some of us...I wonder what will happen with those who received the 18th march email, and are not having their visa yet...damn...

I feel that this is not very different than what it was earlier. It only seems like they have subdivided the original P-2 into two - to differentiate and prioritize within the CAT 2 applications.

As far as I can see -original P-3 is now just being called CAT4 due to the split of original P-2 into CAT-2 & CAT-3.

Also the timelines are still the same 18-24 months for the original P3 applicants. Given that they are recieving fewer applications than slots - all original P3 applicants should be processed as promised earlier.

Guest Lori2011

May optimistic forecast for our CO allocation based on historical movements on aspc updates is within the 2nd half of August. And like you, i think we have a pretty good chance of having our visa grant this year. Goodluck to us

:arghh:Pal, bad news, its 1st of July in Australia, and it seems we've dropped to cat 4......timeline for us is 18 months now......:arghh:I think I'm going crazy.....weell, let's see what the 6 of july update tells us.....

Guest Lori2011
I feel that this is not very different than what it was earlier. It only seems like they have subdivided the original P-2 into two - to differentiate and prioritize within the CAT 2 applications.

As far as I can see -original P-3 is now just being called CAT4 due to the split of original P-2 into CAT-2 & CAT-3.

Also the timelines are still the same 18-24 months for the original P3 applicants. Given that they are recieving fewer applications than slots - all original P3 applicants should be processed as promised earlier.

Oh dear...I hope you are right....otherwise.....I will be berry depressed......:mad:. Ok, I'll try to stay optimistic...Good Luck to us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This were very good news for many people who changed from cat 4 to cat 3 so, I will be happy for them! :cute:

Lets wait for the next dates update and see if thew slowed down processing time or they are as fast as lately

Guest JohnAnton
Oh dear...I hope you are right....otherwise.....I will be berry depressed......:mad:. Ok, I'll try to stay optimistic...Good Luck to us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This were very good news for many people who changed from cat 4 to cat 3 so, I will be happy for them! :cute:

Lets wait for the next dates update and see if thew slowed down processing time or they are as fast as lately

Let's be optimistic fellow march 2011 applicant. They have allocated for Aug 2010 now and are processing applications as far as December 2010.

Let's be optimistic fellow march 2011 applicant. They have allocated for Aug 2010 now and are processing applications as far as December 2010.

hi JohnAnton.

what will happen to January and February 2011 applicants?

will they proceed same as..........

Guest JohnAnton
hi JohnAnton.

what will happen to January and February 2011 applicants?

will they proceed same as..........

In another forum, an applicant who lodged within Feb 2011 called DIAC several times.

He was promised to have a CO within July 2011.

We theorized that DIAC will start processing 2011 before July 2011 ends.

In another forum, an applicant who lodged within Feb 2011 called DIAC several times.

He was promised to have a CO within July 2011.

We theorized that DIAC will start processing 2011 before July 2011 ends.

Thank you very much for your reply JohnAnton. That means these changes will applicable only for the applications which have lodged after the 1st of july 2011?..............

By the way i received that famous 18th of march mail as well..... :wacko:

thank you agian.....

Archived