New Category 3's - Where are you now?

GGx0x0

Hi Weekrish...

Yea your argument is right.. but unfortunately I was thrown into cat 3 though I hold a sate sponsorship from SA. Bad luck.. I dont know how they have categorised me to group 3...

Thanks...

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JohnAnton

no update from aspc yet.

it should have been available last week.

maybe they are really trying to finish Dec 2010 by the end of June, so they can't update it yet.

Guest wwnde

He is a faithful God. I have the visa.

Name: wwnde

Date of Visa application: 26/08/10

Nationality: KENYA

High/Low Risk:HR

Trade/profession: SURVEYOR

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore: offsho

Pre-14th July 2010 Catere

gory (If applicable): N/A

Post-14th July Category: Cat 3

Date visa granted: 27-06-2011

Guest VXM665
Hi VXM665,

I'm State sponsored 176.... They have again requested my form 1100 though SA have already sen it last year to DIAC. Anyway lets see wots happening...

Feel like they will allocate a CO soon all the others by the end of this month...

Hi man,

Thanks for the info. How do you know that you are cat 3? have you got confirmed by your CO? Cat is defined based on the SOL list that was recently publised few weeks before. Are you still in latest SOL list?

Just checked the DIAC update email....no update as yet, still saying the 8th June!! Someone mentioned that they might be up to December. As much as I would love this to be the case, I very much doubt it!! I'm guessing it's more like September.

Guest HermanB
they might be trying to finish til december 2010 by the end of june.

From my perspective, it certainly does not look so, unfortunately :(

Guest JohnAnton

There are some who lodged on Nov2010 that have been assigned CO's.

They might not reach December but October or November is still a big leap from June 1, 2010.

Guest HermanB
There are some who lodged on Nov2010 that have been assigned CO's.

They might not reach December but October or November is still a big leap from June 1, 2010.

I guess so, but we applied in October and received the 18 March mail, and no news, even after raising PLE (agent raised one for us), thus I do not believe that they will even reach September by Friday (officially that is).

Hi VXM665,

I got the march 18th mail stating that I am in cat 3. I was surprised but helpless.... My occupation is still in the list. but case is not that I think. Since my CO requested form 1100 (State sponsorship form) from SA on 20/06/2011 may be they have put me to cat 3 because of the missing form in the air. SA have already confirmed me that they have sent the doc last November...

Regards,

Man

Please include the following information:

Name: Jin 77

Date of Visa application:10 may 2011

Nationality:British

High/Low Risk:

Trade/profession:secondary school teacher

Visa type:175

Onshore/offshore:

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category:category 3

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa

Really hoping that the process gets quicker not slower !

Guest VXM665
Hi VXM665,

I got the march 18th mail stating that I am in cat 3. I was surprised but helpless.... My occupation is still in the list. but case is not that I think. Since my CO requested form 1100 (State sponsorship form) from SA on 20/06/2011 may be they have put me to cat 3 because of the missing form in the air. SA have already confirmed me that they have sent the doc last November...

Regards,

Man

I don't know about VF176 state sponsored. If the required document from the nominated state hasn't reached the DIAC, how are they processing your application indeed? I don't know what that form 1100 purpose is that?

Usually for HR country applications, it might take several months to complete the relevant security checkings. I suppose all the documents and experiences including whatever you have claimed will be checked independently.

So, the faster might helpless.

Guest JohnAnton

I think the reason why we are not processed based on the order of our application date

is due to our cases are divided or assigned to different teams and they vary allot on their work speeds.

So someone who applied in September might have no CO yet, while someone who applied

in October has one. It all depends on the speed of the CO team assigned.

just a thought.

Guest HermanB
I think the reason why we are not processed based on the order of our application date

is due to our cases are divided or assigned to different teams and they vary allot on their work speeds.

So someone who applied in September might have no CO yet, while someone who applied

in October has one. It all depends on the speed of the CO team assigned.

just a thought.

It is very possible, but to be honest, I just have no idea anymore :realmad:. Good luck over there :)

Guest JohnAnton

Hi Herman,

I've read your posts on the other forum. you said external auditors are left out compared to accountants in general. what is smd and where can I check it?

Thanks.

Guest HermanB
Hi Herman,

I've read your posts on the other forum. you said external auditors are left out compared to accountants in general. what is smd and where can I check it?

Thanks.

SMD is the Skill Matching Database, it give a rough indication of applications lodged. It just seems that even though External Auditors are very little, they are being lumped in with Accountants, which has the largest number of applications. This is really crap, as either my wife or I could've been the main applicant, so, I wish I was rather the main applicant (secondary school teacher).

But, I guess it is one of those things. Good luck John!

SMD is the Skill Matching Database, it give a rough indication of applications lodged. It just seems that even though External Auditors are very little, they are being lumped in with Accountants, which has the largest number of applications. This is really crap, as either my wife or I could've been the main applicant, so, I wish I was rather the main applicant (secondary school teacher).

But, I guess it is one of those things. Good luck John!

Hi HermanB,

How did you find out that they are being lumped together with Accountants?

Guest JohnAnton

Herman,

as you said, it really unfortunate when agents do not advise us of the best options we paid them to give us.

By the way, I'll be monitoring your status updates. With your application dated Octo 2010, it is very possible for you to have CO within 2 weeks.

gudluck to us.

|Visa type & lodgement - 175 VE subclass - 10 March 2011| |Occupation - Accountant| CO assigned - I wish |Visa granted - another wish|

Guest HermanB
Herman,

as you said, it really unfortunate when agents do not advise us of the best options we paid them to give us.

By the way, I'll be monitoring your status updates. With your application dated Octo 2010, it is very possible for you to have CO within 2 weeks.

gudluck to us.

Yeah, I'm a bit unhappy, and another thing, my wife has both a South African and a Taiwan visa, only read afterwards that Taiwan is a LR country, so, thinking it would have made a difference there as well. I will definitely keep everyone updated, but at this rate I am not expecting a case officer before the end of August.

Good luck for you too!

Guest shirazeram

Hi Igoriusus

Congratulation for your grant!

It is a quite good news that you got your PR soon after your CO. Because Russia is one of those few countries which its applicants have very long lasting external check!!

Have you ever been to Australia?

Good luck

Shiraz

Guest JohnAnton

Ouch...

GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION

PROCESSING INFORMATION

This is an automated e-mail response which provides updated information on processing of applications for General Skilled Migration (GSM). This information is updated fortnightly.

Details correct at 20 June 2011.

Please do not send enquiries or reply to this email address as this mailbox is not monitored.

Processing Dates

Applicants who lodged a GSM application before the following dates have been contacted by a case officer:

Priority Group 2

*Priority 2 applications are currently being allocated within two weeks of DIAC receiving confirmation of a valid nomination from the relevant State/ Territory Government. Applicants in priority group 2 are therefore encouraged, where possible, to provide decision ready applications to enable efficient processing and finalisation of their applications.

Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176

VE 176 (e-lodged): 10 June 2011

VE 176 (paper): 10 June 2011

Skilled – Sponsored (Residence) subclass 886:

VB 886 (e-lodged) 10 June 2011

VB 886 (paper): 10 June 2011

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 475

VF 475 (e-lodged): 10 June 2011

VF 475 (paper): 10 June 2011

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 487

VC 487 (e-lodged) 10 June 2011

VC 487 (paper): 10 June 2011

Priority Group 3

Skilled – Independent (Migrant) subclass 175

VE 175 (e-lodged):10 July 2010

VE 175 (paper): 10 July 2010

Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176

VE 176 (e-lodged): 10 July 2010

VE 176 (paper): 10 July 2010

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 475

VF 475 (e-lodged): 10 July 2010

VF 475 (paper): 10 July 2010

Skilled – Independent Regional (Provisional) subclass 495 and

Skilled – Designated Area Sponsored subclass 496

UX 495 and UZ 496 (e-lodged and paper): All applicants who have an occupation on the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 3 have been allocated.

Skilled – Independent (Residence) subclass 885

VB 885 (e-lodged) 1 April 2011

VB 885 (paper): 1 March 2011

Skilled – Sponsored (Residence) subclass 886:

VB 886 (e-lodged) 1 April 2011

VB 886 (paper): 1 March 2011

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 487

VC 487 (e-lodged) 1 April 2011

VC 487 (paper): 1 March 2011

Priority Group 4

Processing of priority group 4 applications can only commence once all applications from priority group 2 and 3 have been allocated for assessment.

Priority Exempt Applications

Visa Subclasses 476, 485 and 887 are exempt from the current priority processing direction. Applications under these subclasses will be processed in the order in which they were received by the department.

Skilled – Recognised Graduate subclass 476

VF 476 (e-lodged): 28 February 2011

VF 476 (paper): 28 February 2011

Skilled – Regional subclass 887

VB 887 (e-lodged) 20 March 2011

VB 887 (paper): 20 March 2011

Subsequent Entrant Applications

All subsequent entrant applications for subclasses 485, 487 and 475: 2 April 2011

Skilled - Graduate subclass 485

1. Applications from people who

Archived