New Category 3's - Where are you now?

GGx0x0

Guest IoanHoria
I have applied for 175 and I lodge my application in July 12 2010 and I am Accountant and from Canada. I agree with my answer and really why they send March 18 email. My question is what are my options now since my CO is not responsive at it all. Thx again for all help

Find quickly a state to obtain sponsorship, and switch to 176 state sponsored. that's the only way from my point of view. you get SS and your passmark will be 100 pts.

Best wishes

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi dundee, welcome

You don't have to worry about confirmation of any kind of uploading the docs, untill the CO, when you'll have one, will change manually their status. If there are some missing, he/she will ask for them, otherwise it's all good. The PCC (Penal Clearance Certificate) has an expiry date, and you will be asked by your CO when to privide the PCCs, for all applicants, and be sure that when he asks for PCC, Meds and other docs that they may require, it will be close to the grant letter. The Med forms and the PCC appear from the beggining as required in your online application, and of course you can front-load them, but is not reccomended because they have a period of valability, usually 1 year, and if your processing time is longer, you'll have to obtain them again, on your expense, as the first time.

Good luck, and easy waiting!

Hi Ioan!

Thanks for your message - the rational side of brain was saying exactly what you've said (as I've been reading these forums for months), but the 'stressed out by visa' side of my brain was getting confused by it all ... it had been a long day lol.

Hope things progress for you soon - I'm sure they will! And always great to hear from a fellow Architect! Do you know which part of SA you're hoping to move to?

Guest IoanHoria
Hi Ioan!

Thanks for your message - the rational side of brain was saying exactly what you've said (as I've been reading these forums for months), but the 'stressed out by visa' side of my brain was getting confused by it all ... it had been a long day lol.

Hope things progress for you soon - I'm sure they will! And always great to hear from a fellow Architect! Do you know which part of SA you're hoping to move to?

Hi, thanks! We don't know where to (me and my younger brother)...It will be for sure close to the beach...and close to city, we are kind of active people, we need friends, barbeques, nights-out, pubs... so we'll try to stick close to the city...but who knows where life will take us?! ...

How about you? Any target yet?

Sounds like a perfect plan you have Ioan! What is it your brother does? Was he on your application, or did he make his own?

At the moment, we're thinking Melbourne or surrounding areas - it's more a gut feeling, but sometimes they're the right ones to follow! :biggrin:

Guest IoanHoria
Sounds like a perfect plan you have Ioan! What is it your brother does? Was he on your application, or did he make his own?

At the moment, we're thinking Melbourne or surrounding areas - it's more a gut feeling, but sometimes they're the right ones to follow! :biggrin:

I agree! Our decision in choosing the destination was based on state sponsorship criteria, but we feel it's gone be OK! Long story, short version: I applied in july 2010 as architect, for 176 State Sponsorship because of the points, but unfortunatly in cat 3, and my bro, after almost a year of thinking and twisting, applied for the same visa in may 2011, but as Electronics Trades Person (or something like that), and he is cat 2 and already has a CO and meds reffered...so we are both waiting, and for sure we'll leave toghether...

I agree! Our decision in choosing the destination was based on state sponsorship criteria, but we feel it's gone be OK! Long story, short version: I applied in july 2010 as architect, for 176 State Sponsorship because of the points, but unfortunatly in cat 3, and my bro, after almost a year of thinking and twisting, applied for the same visa in may 2011, but as Electronics Trades Person (or something like that), and he is cat 2 and already has a CO and meds reffered...so we are both waiting, and for sure we'll leave toghether...

Excellent - it sounds like the timing has worked out well for you!! All the very best to both of you, and it'd be great to hear how you get on once you're out there! We're hoping to target August 2012, depending on the visa processing times, so fingers crossed all goes smoothly! :biggrin:

Guest Ricorico190
Find quickly a state to obtain sponsorship, and switch to 176 state sponsored. that's the only way from my point of view. you get SS and your passmark will be 100 pts.

Best wishes

Thanks all for shared opinions here but what if I write exam and apply for low population state and by that I can my 15 points, is that can be possible and does any one before has similar situation like myself

Guest tycsee

For all those asking for proofs and evidences on my earlier statement please check this out :)

http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/agents/pdf/skilled-migration-update.pdf

Go through slide 36-44 the most interesting bits:

- 25K GSM apps pending in backlog & atleast 44K slots in this fin. year.

Priority Group three (PG3):

– Applications lodged in Australia before January 2011 have been allocated.

– Applications lodged outside of Australia by the of end June 2011 we expect to have allocated all applications lodged before January 2011. :D:D

Priority Group four (PG4):

– Allocation of some PG4 cases is expected in 2011-12

Hope this helps calm people down a bit! This wont ensure a quick grant but clears any doubts about DIAC's intentions :) and that CO allocations are fast!

For all those asking for proofs and evidences on my earlier statement please check this out :)

http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/agents/pdf/skilled-migration-update.pdf

Go through slide 36-44 the most interesting bits:

- 25K GSM apps pending in backlog & atleast 44K slots in this fin. year.

Priority Group three (PG3):

– Applications lodged in Australia before January 2011 have been allocated.

– Applications lodged outside of Australia by the of end June 2011 we expect to have allocated all applications lodged before January 2011. :D:D

Priority Group four (PG4):

– Allocation of some PG4 cases is expected in 2011-12

Hope this helps calm people down a bit! This wont ensure a quick grant but clears any doubts about DIAC's intentions :) and that CO allocations are fast!

Thanks for Very useful info tycsee.

According to this information, what will happen to the applications(cat 03) which have lodged after January 2011???. I also have applied FEB-2011(475-visa), I got 18th of March letter, Medical finalized MAY -2011, CO - Waiting........ :cry:

I'm not sure but I think there is very little interest on the 496 visas these days. Most time is spent on 175, 176s and 885s and 886s. Even 485s are rolling at snail pace.

Because there are no 496 applicants. They all have got the visas. Only category 4, 496 applicants are left in the backlog. And they are also very few...

Guest IoanHoria

Good day today for me!

Yesterday evening I decided to send a PLE 'cause I havn't a clue about the status of my visa app. Today's morning, first open my eyes and mail, I got the next message:

"Dear Client,

Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

I can confirm that your visa application has been assigned to a case officer.

A preliminary assessment will be conducted on your visa application to determine if any further documentation is required. Once this assessment has been completed your case officer may contact you if they require any additional documents.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Yours sincerely,

XXXXXX

General Skilled Migration

Department of Immigration and Citizenship"

So, I'm so happy! :jiggy:

Good day to you all!

Good day today for me!

Yesterday evening I decided to send a PLE 'cause I havn't a clue about the status of my visa app. Today's morning, first open my eyes and mail, I got the next message:

"Dear Client,

Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

A preliminary assessment will be conducted on your visa application to determine if any further documentation is required. Once this assessment has been completed your case officer may contact you if they require any additional documents.

Yours sincerely,

XXXXXX

Good day to you all!

GOOD LUCK IoanHoria!!!....

Have they mentioned the name of The CO? :idea:

Good day today for me!

"Dear Client,

Yours sincerely,

XXXXXX

Good day to you all!

Congratulations on getting your CO!!! :jiggy:

Tania

Just remember not to mention CO names on the forum thanks.

Tania

I Agree with you taniaholmes. Name Of The CO should not mention in the forum. i just wanted to know whether they have mentioned the name of the co in that letter or not?.....

:sad:......

Guest IoanHoria
GOOD LUCK IoanHoria!!!....

Have they mentioned the name of The CO? :idea:

They didn't specify, but the mail was sent by team7, and signed by a lady....

Thanks for the best wishes! Hope yours will come soon!

Guest sivakumar

Hi,

I need my passport to be stamped with my visa. Could anyone let me know the procedure please? I am in the UK

Thanks in advance,

Guest AAAZR

Best wishes

Congrats on the C.O!!!!:jiggy:

The only problem with the switching is that he applied after July 2010 so will have to pay the full application fee again :cry:

Fingers crossed you get your visa soooooon!!!

A

I cant believe it, but just checked my application online and it says all my documentation has been met...just gotta wait for that magic page to say you have a visa now!!! :-):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Congrats redditchcouple!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the C.O!!!!:jiggy:

The only problem with the switching is that he applied after July 2010 so will have to pay the full application fee again :cry:

Fingers crossed you get your visa soooooon!!!

A

Congrats AAAZR!!!!!!!!

Guest AAAZR
Congrats AAAZR!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much,but I was congratulating IoanHoria:wink: No C.O here yet:no:

The way things are looking now,might not be my turn too long from now :jiggy:

A

Archived