Regular Melbourne Drinks Night...

Guest Kathryn7

Guest Kathryn7

Thought it might be good to start a thread for a regular meet up in the city, arrange some dates over the next few months and then people can post suggestions as to where to meet.

Maybe a bi-monthly meet up on first Saturday of the month, starting Saturday 7th August?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest karl n
Thought it might be good to start a thread for a regular meet up in the city, arrange some dates over the next few months and then people can post suggestions as to where to meet.

Maybe a bi-monthly meet up on first Saturday of the month, starting Saturday 7th August?

Hi Kathryn,

That sounds like a great idea! Is it open to everyone or is it just for singles, ladies or anything like that? It'll be great to meet new people!

My wife & i are making the big move to Oz next month & we touch down in our new home of Melbourne on the 6th August so i'm not sure that we'd be able to make the 7th, but we'll be well up for the next one after that & all the rest.

I'll make sure i keep an eye on this thread.

Cheers,

Karl (29, nearly 30!!); Fiona (28).

Guest Will and Ness

Hi, Kathryn,

is this an open invite? We are quite keen to come along, I might be back in the Uk that week but my husband is definitely up for the 7th (though he is Irish so is he still welcome!).

Cheers

Vanessa

Guest Kathryn7

Its an open invite, thought if I started a thread people could add to it and suggest places/dates

Guest JoBazOw

Fab idea Kathryn. I only land 5/8 so not sure I'll get to the first one but look forward to meeting up thereafter. Hope you get plenty of suggestions!!:biggrin:

Guest Lindseyf

Hi Katherine,

We'd definitely be up for a regular meet, how was the last girly night?

Will keep an eye on this post for times and dates e.t.c.

oh and Vanessa don't worry my hubby is Irish too and has been made very welcome before!!

Hi Kathryn i am interested in meet at sofias pizzeria across from camberwell station5.30 -6pm for a meal.very good food and dead cheap.and then if anyone keen a flick at the rivoli 7ish.i

Ok,last fri of the month starting 30th july.people kathryn you may p.m me as i have not worked out how to find replies.i have been living here 5yrs with family cheers margaret

Guest Kathryn7
Ok,last fri of the month starting 30th july.people kathryn you may p.m me as i have not worked out how to find replies.i have been living here 5yrs with family cheers margaret

I'm not able to make Friday nights, sorry

Hi Kathryn,

My husband and I (+ kids and dog) have just moved here and would love to meet up and make some new friends, so if it's ok, please let me know when you decide on a place to meet and I will check back on here regularly.

Vanessa x

Guest budman

hi Kathryn, hows things we will be up for a night out on the 7th look forward to seeing you

Brian & Katie

Guest Kathryn7
hi Kathryn, hows things we will be up for a night out on the 7th look forward to seeing you

Brian & Katie

All good thanks, hope you are both well?

Anywhere you fancy going on the 7th?

Be good to try somewhere different!

Guest Andy and Lisa

Hi Kathryn,

One suggestion I thought of was the Transport Hotel Fed Square on the The Square Princes Bridge Corner right opposite Flinders Street Station the beer is reasonably priced and food for less than $20 and is almost as good as Y&J and well located for Newbies and Oldies alike!!!

Regards Andy J

Guest JoBazOw

I'll keep my eyes on this as am keen to meet up and meet some potential friends. I land 5/8 alone and will have the rest of my family joining me in October. I am happy to arrange a night when I know the area/places to go!!

Jo:err:

Guest nimble68

Hi Kathryn,

Hope you ok. Sorry not able to make 7th but def up for another night out soon!!!

Carole is St Kilda too far for you? Some good places around there - although Republica is shut for refurbishment but opens soon.

I've yet to venture out anywhere other than St Kilda and Melbourne city - any good places towards Frankston or in the middle somewhere??

Jackie

Guest Kathryn7
Hi Kathryn,

One suggestion I thought of was the Transport Hotel Fed Square on the The Square Princes Bridge Corner right opposite Flinders Street Station the beer is reasonably priced and food for less than $20 and is almost as good as Y&J and well located for Newbies and Oldies alike!!!

Regards Andy J

Thanks for the suggestion - we have tried the Transport Bar, but the music is really loud on Saturdays so people can't chat. Definitley one to move on to later in the night though for a boogie, so will keep it in mind!

Guest zoefitton

Im wondering if anyone knows of any good playgroups around the point cook area, will be good to get my kids in straight away. Starting again after being in Sydney 12 mths cant wait to move to Melbourne. We arrive in 3 weeks.

Zoe.

Guest MoMcQ

Hi Kathryn, I'm up for drinks anytime and having a set date would be good. I'm sure Nicola would be too. I'll keep an eye out for details.

Guest Kathryn7
Hi Kathryn, I'm up for drinks anytime and having a set date would be good. I'm sure Nicola would be too. I'll keep an eye out for details.

The next one is Sat 7 August

Guest welshcake

Hi there, i'd definitely be interested in this :)

New to forum, but been living in Melbourne for 3 years now. Live northern suburbs so meet-ups in the city/St Kilda would most certainly be of interest for me! :) And dying to meet some fellow poms!!

Archived